Grounding for Health

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Grounding for Health

Postby Bill on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:09 am

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378297/

Very interesting article on the health effects of direct contact with the Earth/ground.

From the article.....

"Multi-disciplinary research has revealed that electrically conductive contact of the human body with the surface of the Earth (grounding or earthing) produces intriguing effects on physiology and health. Such effects relate to inflammation, immune responses, wound healing, and prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.

Specifically, grounding an organism produces measurable differences in the concentrations of white blood cells, cytokines, and other molecules involved in the inflammatory response. We present several hypotheses to explain observed effects, based on current research results and our understanding of the electronic aspects of cell and tissue physiology, cell biology, biophysics, and biochemistry. An experimental injury to muscles, known as delayed onset muscle soreness, has been used to monitor the immune response under grounded versus ungrounded conditions. Grounding reduces pain and alters the numbers of circulating neutrophils and lymphocytes, and also affects various circulating chemical factors related to inflammation."
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Grounding for Health

Postby Bill on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:11 am

"Our main hypothesis is that connecting the body to the Earth enables free electrons from the Earth’s surface to spread over and into the body, where they can have antioxidant effects. Specifically, we suggest that mobile electrons create an antioxidant microenvironment around the injury repair field, slowing or preventing reactive oxygen species (ROS) delivered by the oxidative burst from causing “collateral damage” to healthy tissue, and preventing or reducing the formation of the so-called “inflammatory barricade”. We also hypothesize that electrons from the Earth can prevent or resolve so-called “silent” or “smoldering” inflammation. If verified, these concepts may help us better understand and research the inflammatory response and wound healing, and develop new information on how the immune system functions in health and disease."

Sounds almost Chi-ish.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:48 am

Fascinating.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:11 pm

I see you've been watching Pretty Woman, Bill.

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Was back to Sweden in June month during I spent a week in 'Österlen' south of Sweden and took the chance to walk(berefoot) along the beach at 'Sandhammaren', supposedly the finest beach in Sweden. Don't know about electrons from ground empowering the body, but walking those beaches barefoot sure felt envigorating. Where I live in China there are not many places I would want to walk berefoot, even the beaches.
Trick

Postby Trick on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:38 pm

Barefoot
Trick

Return to Off the Topic