A question for any experienced meditators

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: A question for any experienced meditators

Postby wiesiek on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:52 am

religion has nothing to do with rebirth,
someone belivings not necessary match reality.
Religions just painting what`s happens, it is done by someone Religion`s way .

I had "flash back" into the one of my incarnation/?/ where I didn`t helped of the two burning witches,
it was basically the answer for question which pops suddenly in my mind, and good one actually,
but
I didn`t went out to kill my 1st wife, only because she was bad witch 1000 year ago...

there is equal chance, of course ,that everything is made up by the brain in the THC mist :)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:07 am

Willie,

The kundalini people who show up have all tried not practicing. Sometimes for years. So in their case, if they want to get better they need the finish up.

The sensory malfunction people I make no promises to. I simply explain how the sense gates are trained and that by learning to control them it might be possible to control what is happening.

By experience I've learned that too many people lie about their drug use and it's relationship to their problem. Since I can't help those people in the first place I really don't like making promises about it.

As for why people want to do this stuff. That is a bit of a discussion.

The sense gate exercises, of one variant or another, usually only get taught at temples designated to train practitioners. By opening these apparatus under controlled circumstances it both stabilizes the personality and allows for a more direct interaction with the subtle level of reality around us.

As for kundalini awakening, it is generally a universal phenomena in higher level practitioners and pretty much required to conduct the more potent practices. That said, most people get into it as they want power. What they aren't prepared for is the suffering. With proper technique the suffering aspect can be greatly minimized. But a lot of meditative technology is just sub-par.
Last edited by Peacedog on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:28 am

willie wrote:And what was the grand prize supposed to be for risking their Mental Health?

That is a very good and simple question that seem to always get vaguely answered.....com'on isn't it some DrStrange kind of powers you guys actually hope to gain 8-)......Take a stroll in the woods or along a desolated beach(just beware of hurricanes) that's mind soothing.
Trick

Postby willie on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Trick wrote:
willie wrote:And what was the grand prize supposed to be for risking their Mental Health?

That is a very good and simple question that seem to always get vaguely answered.....com'on isn't it some DrStrange kind of powers you guys actually hope to gain 8-)......Take a stroll in the woods or along a desolated beach(just beware of hurricanes) that's mind soothing.

All too often this is what I have experienced as well. Especially amongst yang stylist. It seems that every time that the master doesn't have the correct answer, he just starts talking about all kinds of theories which are irrelevant to your question and so the art has been so corrupted now that it is almost impossible to find someone who represents the true art
willie

Postby willie on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Peacedog wrote:
As for kundalini awakening, it is generally a universal phenomena in higher level practitioners and pretty much required to conduct the more potent practices. That said, most people get into it as they want power. What they aren't prepared for is the suffering. With proper technique the suffering aspect can be greatly minimized. But a lot of meditative technology is just sub-par.

What kind of powers?
willie

Postby TrainingDummy on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:29 pm

Trick wrote:

The passion for meditation is not so different for the passion for TCMA. You have these old forms and practices, many of which have been debunked by modern forms of training. You have this kooky symbolism, which other people think is absurd, but you think is kind of cute for some reason. You have certain people elevated with rumours of mystical powers that are easily discounted.... Yet you love it, you don't know why, it isn't rational... and if you gave it up you'd loose something important in your life.

If you don't have a bug for mediation, kudos to you, there's little that anyone can say that would convert you... but some people have this itch, deep inside their soul, and the only way they can scratch that itch is by making the mind silent, truly silent... so silent that the discursive mind drops away, the identification of "self" drops away, and they only thing that's left is an experience of timeless vastness.

Now getting to experience these giant states of consciousness is not something that usually happens in a weekend, and maybe not even in a decade of practices. So just like in TCMA there's lots of low level students teaching something they don't really understand that well... and if their students hurts themselves, or stall in their practices, they don't know how to adjust the teaching to fix it. So in the end, just like in TCMA, the answer to nearly every question that comes up is "find a better teacher", because any help you can give from a public internet forum is limited.
Last edited by TrainingDummy on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrainingDummy
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:55 pm

nice,T.D.,
however, good teacher is pretty rare species.
My advice is- keep the question in the mind,
answer will come...
but
I`m not the Master
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:59 am

TrainingDummy wrote:
Trick wrote:

The passion for meditation is not so different for the passion for TCMA. You have these old forms and practices, many of which have been debunked by modern forms of training. You have this kooky symbolism, which other people think is absurd, but you think is kind of cute for some reason. You have certain people elevated with rumours of mystical powers that are easily discounted.... Yet you love it, you don't know why, it isn't rational... and if you gave it up you'd loose something important in your life.

If you don't have a bug for mediation, kudos to you, there's little that anyone can say that would convert you... but some people have this itch, deep inside their soul, and the only way they can scratch that itch is by making the mind silent, truly silent... so silent that the discursive mind drops away, the identification of "self" drops away, and they only thing that's left is an experience of timeless vastness.

Now getting to experience these giant states of consciousness is not something that usually happens in a weekend, and maybe not even in a decade of practices.

You write "you" a lot there, but i'm sure you don't mean me specifically. Anyway about Me and TCMA, at a very young age I got inspired about exotic Karate Chop's and cool Kicks, I do confess at one point after reading about ancient "Masters" and Ki/Chi I got intrigued so I some what followed that trail but actually not with a hope to gain "superhuman" powers but more to see what I bumped in to, and this was just a minor "quest" in my training. Well so far I have never 'bumped' in to anything superhuman 8-) And I do have bug for meditation, as I mentioned above I like to hike in the woods and stroll along a beach, for some reason I like this most on grey cloudy days or clear moonlit nights, very meditative the experience is quite instantaneous, don't have to wait decades for the "good feeling" 8-)
Trick

Postby northern_mantis on Sat May 26, 2018 1:09 am

Hi all

Thought I may as well tag on to this old thread to give an update on how this played out. Basically I ended up going through a full energetic awakening. After this episode my standing practice got really uncomfortable in that it felt like restless legs but in my whole body. I pushed through and the flood gates opened, all really pleasant, no nasty side effects.

Not quite the miracle that people often expect, still got all the same shit in life to deal with but Meditation/qigong is infinitely more enjoyable. Definitely feel like shifting my focus towards the grounding aspect of standing work and working with the macro cosmic flow were the elements that made it safe and manageable whilst coping with every day work and shit.

Anyway, happy weekend all. Would be interested in any feedback on the route i have taken.
Last edited by northern_mantis on Sat May 26, 2018 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
northern_mantis
Huajing

Postby Peacedog on Sat May 26, 2018 11:46 am

Good to hear it worked out.

Read the works of the late Glenn Morris (author of Path Notes of an American Ninja Master), while he was definitely a boomer with all of their associated issues, he made some really good observations on coming out the other side.

Original Tao by Roth has some good old school observations.

The kundaliniawakeningprocess.org folks can be fun too. Both Santiago and Tao have a sense of humor.

What you went through won't earn you any points with the talking heads or make the price of a cup of coffee any cheaper. But now you know something exists beyond the purely physical. It will flavor your understanding of everything else you do in life. Be kind to sleepers, they haven't been there yet and it isn't your place to force a greater reality upon them.

Don't use what happened to hide from society/reality.

Welcome to the club. Now go live life.

Make love. Make war. Make art. Make money. Make things. Make children. Make a life.
Last edited by Peacedog on Sat May 26, 2018 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby northern_mantis on Sat May 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Peacedog wrote:Good to hear it worked out.

Read the works of the late Glenn Morris (author of Path Notes of an American Ninja Master), while he was definitely a boomer with all of their associated issues, he made some really good observations on coming out the other side.

Original Tao by Roth has some good old school observations.

The kundaliniawakeningprocess.org folks can be fun too. Both Santiago and Tao have a sense of humor.

What you went through won't earn you any points with the talking heads or make the price of a cup of coffee any cheaper. But now you know something exists beyond the purely physical. It will flavor your understanding of everything else you do in life. Be kind to sleepers, they haven't been there yet and it isn't your place to force a greater reality upon them.

Don't use what happened to hide from society/reality.

Welcome to the club. Now go live life.

Make love. Make war. Make art. Make money. Make things. Make children. Make a life.

Thanks man, sound advice throughout. I hope to be able to guide people through the same eventually and want to be able to prescribe specific practical advice having acquired deep knowledge about all paths, problems and remedies.

For now I’m well and truly back down to earth hosting my daughters 14th birthday party today.
northern_mantis
Huajing

Previous

Return to Off the Topic