Harvey where are your friends now that you need them

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Harvey where are your friends now that you need them

Postby KEND on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:08 pm

He is obviously a pretty sleazy guy but the rush to distance themselves from him on the part of stars and politicians is amusing.
KEND
Great Old One

Re: Harvey where are your friends now that you need them

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 pm

If I found out my friend was a rapist, I'd kick him to the curb too. Anyway, did you hear the tape?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEu7quzUsDk

To me, it's more amusing to watch Kellyanne Conway to pin some sort of guilt on Clinton. And, the prez being outraged about sexual harassment. I.e., play the "you can grab them by the pussy" tape.

It's a slick way to demonize someone with no connection to the actual immoral or illegal act without condemning such acts in general. Moreover, when issues of sexual harassment are raised, the same people poo-poo them. Christian conservatives (like Pat Robertson) call Trump's ... infelicities with women just him being "macho."

Anyway, where I do agree is that sexual harassment and exploitation of women has absolutely nothing to do with political party membership. That is, the crime is practiced by both sides; but, the hypocrisy belongs to those who claim that their party isn't as bad.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:03 pm

The whole entertainment business anywhere on the globe is probably full of sleeze and dirt. Not to downplay the crime and dirtiness done but it's interesting to see most victims seem to come out to accuse after they reached stardom. Harvey's "friends" probably go on doing what they usually do... In a week or so....sad.
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:45 am

Old Goat with the power in the bash of the attractive woman...
Yup,
very classic everywhere , anytime in the history
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 am

His lefty liberal Hollyweird friends are memory-holing him PDQ. Goodbye Excecutive Producer credits. Mister Wein--who? Never heard of the guy.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 am

Michael wrote:His lefty liberal Hollyweird friends are memory-holing him PDQ. Goodbye Excecutive Producer credits. Mister Wein--who? Never heard of the guy.

Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83nb-3au60
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 am

Since that video, Trump was elected president (winning) and, has any evidence been made public against Trump about sexual harassment? The accusations I remember were none of them as serious as those against Weinstein. Also, no one has tried to delete Trump's memory, erase him from his TV credits, etc. It's a different kettle of fish.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 am

Michael wrote:Since that video, Trump was elected president (winning) and, has any evidence been made public against Trump about sexual harassment? The accusations I remember were none of them as serious as those against Weinstein. Also, no one has tried to delete Trump's memory, erase him from his TV credits, etc. It's a different kettle of fish.

So, your argument is that he doesn't do it anymore --since he's been president. Congrats.

Afa the accusations against Weinstein, I didn't know it was a contest. You were somehow gloating about the liberal, leftist "Hollyweird" people who were now distancing themselves from him because of the accusations of sexual harassment and even rape. You're right that they're condemning him. You completely missed the point that they condemned Trump for --as you suggest-- doing less.

You just illustrate the hypocrisy that I pointed out. You want to compare, but you don't ever condemn sexual harassment or the men who do it. Sometimes, you mock and dismiss women who complain about being harassed.

Btw, sexual harassment is the issue. I think Weinstein and Trump were sexual predators and sleazebags. And, I'm sure that neither of them are committing adultery Today. You'll have to ask the women around them now to say for sure, though.

Threesomes anyone? Yeah, I know, Harvey had lots of friends.
Last edited by Steve James on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:03 am

Your mind reading skills are still failing you, Steve.

Distancing and erasing history are different and the part that I noted. I don't remember anyone trying to memory hole Trump's sleazyness and I do think Weinstein's is worse; it's likely the women who voted for Trump also think so.

Why is Hollyweird trying to erase Weinstein? Shame? Fear of guilt by association or connection to something illegal? It's really weird to just try and erase the existence of someone so prominent, especially since they knew for so long it was going on.
Michael

Postby Bao on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:25 am

There are so many stories like this in Hollywood. One for a couple years ago was about a producers assistant who quit the job while filming a very well known movie. The producer put her over a table and kind of "joked" by groping her in front of the rest of the crew. There are quite a lot of stories around, but mostly they are not taken seriously or they disappear before reaching a bigger audience. There are probably many scumbags in the Hollywood top, users, gropers, rapists. They believe they can do anything.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:26 am

Here's what I mean by erasing Weinstein. It's different than what happened with Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kbTjvhWRGc
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:02 pm

You're shifting the issue from what they did to the people's reaction. The story isn't that the "leftists" are abandoning Weinstein. The story is that the so-called evangelists and conservatives didn't abandon Trump. Instead, the liberals and leftists are condemned for doing what the rightists won't.

Afa Hollywood having more sexual predators, I think anyone who believes that hasn't been around much. I guess they have never asked models, secretaries, students, nurses, or interns. Wherever there are women, there are men who harass them or worse. And many women won't say anything because they won't be believed. In fact, their attacker can go on to become president.

Anyway, I have no problem condemning the Harvey. Condemning Hollywood, leftists, and liberals is just propaganda, especially when they say that Trump should be forgiven and has changed. Meh. It's nothing new.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:24 pm

I remember talking to a college football recruiter once and asked him if they would knowingly recruit a violent felon.

His response, “if he can play, he can play.”

I think it is important to remember that Weinstein only got outed once his financial success started dwindling.

MANY industries will very often overlook the most outrageous of behavior if the person in question performs at a high enough level.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 pm

You're shifting the issue from what they did to the people's reaction. The story isn't that the "leftists" are abandoning Weinstein.

Uh, nope, not shifting. Look at the title of the thread and the OP's OP. That's the part of the story being focused upon by me.

Harvey where are your friends now that you need them.

OP's opening comment wrote:He is obviously a pretty sleazy guy but the rush to distance themselves from him on the part of stars and politicians is amusing.

So, your argument is that he doesn't do it anymore --since he's been president. Congrats.

No, wrong again. I thought Trump was toast when the 11 year old pussy grabbing tape came out. I was sure he would lose the election. Weren't you? Hillary was and still can't accept that she lost. If she is the DNC candidate next time, she'll lose again even if Trump murders someone on Fifth Avenue because too many people think she's the worst possible candidate.

The story is that the so-called evangelists and conservatives didn't abandon Trump.

Why do you think conservative voters in general didn't abandon Trump? Why did so many women vote for Trump after that tape came out and the other accusations in the video you posted? I was expecting the possibility of criminal charges being filed by the People reporter, a lawsuit, something.

Instead, the liberals and leftists are condemned for doing what the rightists won't.

Can you give me an example?
Michael

Next

Return to Off the Topic