THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Where is the clip
Why was it removed
Why are people discussing something that isn't there
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:47 pm

wayne hansen wrote:Where is the clip
Why was it removed

Because Willie takes away all his vids very fast for some reason... (I know this already, so I download and save all of his videos just to have a reason to annoy him. ;D )
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Bao wrote:
wayne hansen wrote:Where is the clip
Why was it removed

Because Willie takes away all his vids very fast for some reason... (I know this already, so I download and save all of his videos just to have a reason to annoy him. ;D )

I didn't know that you saved them all. I think there was about 100. I actually really enjoy sharing my art with others but unfortunately my teacher doesn't really want his art out there. That's why I removed them
Last edited by willie on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby Bao on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:43 pm

No not all, only the ones I saw you publish here. Maybe ten or fifteen. Don’t worry, I won’t share. I save everything interesting I find for reference. There was some very interesting vids published for 6 or 8 years ago that disappeared from YouTube. I was very annoyed because I liked them. So I began saving stuff instead.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Bao wrote:No not all, only the ones I saw you publish here. Maybe ten or fifteen. Don’t worry, I won’t share. I save everything interesting I find for reference. There was some very interesting vids published for 6 or 8 years ago that disappeared from YouTube. I was very annoyed because I liked them. So I began saving stuff instead.

Okay no problem.
Last edited by willie on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:55 pm

I don't really care one way or the other I just wondered what they were talking about
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby willie on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:45 pm

wayne hansen wrote:I don't really care one way or the other I just wondered what they were talking about

Hi Wayne. I think that what I was trying to convey with the video, was to provide some sort of proof that a lot of the information on the net is not accurate. the topic was how someone may tell you something that will help you, but instead people resist and have an emotional bond with what they already know. whether it's correct or not seems to be irrelevant.
Last edited by willie on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Hard to say when the video is no longer there
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:55 am

In summation, you need whole body integration to properly generate power

And the ultimate secret is
Last edited by origami_itto on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby willie on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:19 pm

charles wrote:
I studied with a well-known, caucasian, Yang style Taijiquan guy. He was a wonderful speaker, engaging, with a gift of gab, always entertaining and a great story teller.

This is an example of the power of what they call politically correct. It unfortunately doesn't represent honesty, but definitely leads to a promotion. Where as
a person who just tells the truth is, for the most part, disliked.

The descriptions were often in classical, vague Chinese idioms that none of this teacher's students ever understood but repeated often, particularly when discussing it with or teaching others.

This is the parrot effect I was speaking of "like a parrot repeating empty slogan's".

When corrected, students would again get the same platitudes they already didn't understand

unfortunately this is also correct, But nothing that a good example of short power cant fix.

I later learned that most of the "detail" he taught was simply irrelevant to skill development.

The real question here is... Was the teacher doing it on purpose? Did the teacher really want to transfer the skills?

While the teacher had some skills, I never met a single student of his who had anything beyond beginner-levek skills, but he had a large following of dedicated students who all thought that they were learning The Real Stuff. Twenty years later, the students are still beginners.

This is a good read, I, for the most part, feel the same way. I think this one falls into " THE UGLY"
willie

Postby Ron Panunto on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:28 am

willie wrote:I think that what I was trying to convey with the video, was to provide some sort of proof that a lot of the information on the net is not accurate.

Tell me it isn't so Willie.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan