Early Signs of Dementia?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Early Signs of Dementia?

Postby grzegorz on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:10 am

To be honest this has been my experience with Trump supporters.

I voted for Trump. Now he wants to cut the aid I need

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/24/news/ec ... index.html

Good people but honestly confused, in my opinion.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:24 am

grzegorz wrote:
BruceP wrote:rent-free

What's the topic again? Oh, right, early signs of dimentia. Fixation and obsessing...

Says the man obsesses with celebrity that he voted for a phony reality TV businessman.

Perhpas if you actually watched the video you would know what the topic is.

I did watch the video. Besides what I cited as early signs, the first line in your 'reply' exhibits numbers 1, 2, 6, 7, 9 and 10, of those listed in the video.

I've reminded you more than a couple of times that I'm Canadian, and that I've never lived in the US. So your jibberish has zero traction. Do you even fallacy, Bro?

grzegorz wrote:I debate Trump supporters often and almost all of them are low information voters who live by bumper sticker slogans and it wouldn't surprise me if often times they are addicted to pain killers

I gotta wonder how well logic is respected in those 'debates' when you send it off the rails with what you wrote just there. From our past 'discussions', it's obvious that you don't know any better.

Fair, reasoned, and logical debate is a one-way street when the other person thinks memes are a fair surrogate for actual thought and opinion. Sad!
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 am

Excuse me for going Socratic method here, I think my leading questions are obvious so I hope you don't mind the direction.

grzegorz wrote:Like me these men have been humbled by life and were convinced that Muslims, Jews, immigrants, minorities, China, etc...are to blame for their situation in life. Can we blame them?

Were there no voters for Trump who did not consider themselves victims and were not the 1%?
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:10 am

There have been no proTrump arguments made here to be discuss logically. Bringing up Hillary a year later may be sad, but DT brings her up every day. So what if there are disgruntled Hillary supporters. Remember the Tea Baggers and birthers? When did they stop? Aren't some still saying Obama is a Muslim? Is that sad? You can laugh at 80 year old John Lewis. I can laugh at Joe Arpaio. None of which addresses any substantive issue -such as health care or school lunches, or the fact that DT'S supporters spend more time talking about everyone else but him. When they do, they speak in generalities.

The one bright spot is Wall Street. There's also supposed to be a tax cut! Of course, in 2015, candidate Trump said the market was inflated, and that unemployment numbers were deflated. We also have debt and a deficit. Anybody heard the plan for that? Reminds me of the time right after Bill Clinton. Meh. What else is new.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:11 am

The dementia video is not exactly a logical argument either, but for me the argument is whether or not there was any good reason for people to vote for Trump. People against him have all sorts of generalized insults to make about approximately half the country and this was what caught my attention after last year's election. If there was no good reason to vote for Trump, but he was elected anyway, it's a lot easier to be pessimistic or in denial about his victory, but if there was a good reason to vote for him, then maybe there's hope.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:27 am

I didn't vote for him. He has shown no interest in making me vote for him in the future. He won the election, but that was because of the lack of enthusiasm for Hillary. I see why some people voted for him. Many of them don't care about reaching out either. And, the issue isn't the supporters who will vote for him no matter what. The issue is his competency now. I mean his ability to work on behalf of all the people, not just those who support him. He will have to put up with criticisms, and if he acted like a true, adult, president, it would be harder to criticize him.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:08 pm

The issue is his competency now.

Totally agree.

The Hollywood Reporter in an interview with Bryan Cranston about his upcoming film about Vietnam Vets made by Richard Linklater wrote:...he's [Cranston's] no longer entirely opposed to Trump: "I want him to succeed. I do. I honestly do."

TRH wrote:You’ve previously been particularly vocal about your opposition to Trump. Has your opinion changed throughout his first year in office?

Cranston once said he would move to Canada if Trump were elected.

Cranston wrote:It’s just astonishing to me. President Trump is not the person who I wanted to be in that office, and I’ve been very open about that. That being said, he is the president. If he fails, the country is in jeopardy. It would be egotistical for anyone to say, “I hope he fails.” To that person I would say, fuck you. Why would you want that? So you can be right?

I don’t want him to fail. I want him to succeed. I do. I honestly do. … And if you’ve got a good idea that helps the country, oh man, I’m gonna support you. I don’t care if you’re a Republican and I’m a Democrat or whatever, I don’t care. A good idea’s a good idea. Let’s do that. We’ve got to get away from this idea that our country is political football, and someone with a different opinion is the enemy. Assume they love this country as much as you do, and there’s always room for improvement. How can we make it better?
Last edited by Michael on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:34 am

BruceP wrote:
grzegorz wrote:
BruceP wrote:rent-free

What's the topic again? Oh, right, early signs of dimentia. Fixation and obsessing...

Says the man obsesses with celebrity that he voted for a phony reality TV businessman.

Perhpas if you actually watched the video you would know what the topic is.

I did watch the video. Besides what I cited as early signs, the first line in your 'reply' exhibits numbers 1, 2, 6, 7, 9 and 10, of those listed in the video.

I've reminded you more than a couple of times that I'm Canadian, and that I've never lived in the US. So your jibberish has zero traction. Do you even fallacy, Bro?

grzegorz wrote:I debate Trump supporters often and almost all of them are low information voters who live by bumper sticker slogans and it wouldn't surprise me if often times they are addicted to pain killers

I gotta wonder how well logic is respected in those 'debates' when you send it off the rails with what you wrote just there. From our past 'discussions', it's obvious that you don't know any better.

Fair, reasoned, and logical debate is a one-way street when the other person thinks memes are a fair surrogate for actual thought and opinion. Sad!

I don't care where you are from. You couldn't debate your way out of a paper bag even on Canadian affairs.

If you want to debate then put up or shut up. Graham holds his own and people who disagree with him try to silence him because he isn't American but I say screw that he (and you) are entitled to an opinion.

You made a comment trying to belittled me and you got your ass handed to you. Vote or no vote it is obvious you love the smell of Trump's farts. Put your passport back in your pants already because no one cares.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:37 am

That is a fucking awesome marketing idea. Seriously, I think a person could make some money selling Trump Farts for Conservative Sniffers or something along those lines. Other end of the store sell Hilary's Dehydrated Liberal Tears: What Happened to the Water?

/s
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:40 am

Order now and you get two cans of Trump farts for $19.95!

FedEx shipping included!
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:46 am

That could really sell! Need a hook for the advert....

Makes a great gift for your conservative in-laws ?

Now with Eu de Putin ?

This is why i don't work on Madison Avenue.
Last edited by Michael on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby BruceP on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:48 am

grzegorz wrote:
I don't care where you are from. You couldn't debate your way out of a paper bag even on Canadian affairs.

If you want to debate then put up or shut up. Graham holds his own and people who disagree with him try to silence him because he isn't American but I say screw that he (and you) are entitled to an opinion.

You made a comment trying to belittled me and you got your ass handed to you. Vote or no vote it is obvious you love the smell of Trump's farts. Put your passport back in your pants already because no one cares.

Not caring where a person is from when you jibberishly assert that they voted for a president of a country that person doesn't even live in is more than just an abandonment of intellectual honesty, it's also a fool's error in establishing even the smallest bit of credibility for yourself. But it's clear that you don't care about that, so, moving on...

There's nothing to debate with you and I didn't try to belittle you. Your avatar points to an obsessive fixation with your rejection of 'what happened', and the quote in your sig shows that you form your thoughts from bumper sticker slogans. It's ironic to see it at the bottom of your posts. Rent-free...

All I did was point out the fact that your reply exhibited 6 of the early signs of dementia. But now I know it's because you don't care (#4 - apathy). Maybe Trump doesn't care either. Wow...you guys have so much in common. So which is it, Greg? Dementia? Or just stupid?

And then you double down on stupid when you project my preference for the source of my odoriferous delights. You don't hand anyone their ass when you show yourself to be the dimmest bulb in the room. Just stating a fact. And I know you probably don't care

I've intimated to windwalker in PM that I don't like Trump at all. One of the only reasons I'm glad he's prez is because of what he promised, and is following through on, regards his tearing up NAFTA. I think I even mentioned that in your 'facist' thread. I'd have to search my posts to find it. Anyway, I knew that when that happened, Supply Management would be at the core of those renegotiations - and it is. Trumps people are forcing my government to put Supply Management on the table and my government is loath to do so because it will draw back the curtain of corruption and favoritism with which that whole shitty beast is administered in my country. It stifles real growth and free-market economy as it plays favorite to one province over all the rest. Another thing you're probably to 'busy' to care about. And it is a Canadian issue that many people in my country care about - especially farmers and manufacturers. They just know it stinks.

I was also really glad he won because of the meltdown it created with folks like you (very entertaining all around) and the historical significance it will show to have had on your country's whole political landscape. It is very interesting to watch it all unfold.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:38 am

Yeah...whatever Doc.

This MOFO can't even read or speak correctly and seems to forget what he has just said.

Just this morning...

https://youtu.be/2n7gdT61Pgc
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:55 am

BruceP wrote:I was also really glad he won because of the meltdown it created with folks like you (very entertaining all around) and the historical significance it will show to have had on your country's whole political landscape. It is very interesting to watch it all unfold.

I said Dump would win months before the election and that his win would be a guilty pleausre as his supporters get fooled, screwed and schooled by the man they voted for.

Saying that I am not proud of my dark side.

Yes, I know you passive aggressive Canadians pride yourself in being North America "perfected." My state and my country would be too if it wasn't for the Confederacy of Dependency which is the South which sucks up tax dollars and gives nothing in return but crack pot politicians.

You mistaken my humor for anger. I loathe stupidity and respond with sarcasm. My situation is not likely to change over one election, I am in a union, but I am sick of my country going to war every few years and counties like yours joining us to pay tribute.

Btw, I have been to Canada. Beautiful but nothing special to me. So cold you can't even grow much of anything. Who would want ever want to live there? Not me.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:01 am

Fwiw, lots of people liked some of Trumps promises. I recall pointing out that he was more liberal than Republican in NY. Leaving aside his personality and even his unsubtle dog whistles to racists, the issue was his character. The surprise was how many people could simply overlook it. But, afa international economic policies and agreements, his America First policy means Canada can only be number two. It's easy to see why Americans would want that, as long as they feel they are the Americans he means when he uses the pronoun "we."
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic