Undercover with Antifa

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Undercover with Antifa

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:27 am

Conservative comedian commentator Stephen Crowder enlisted his podcast cohort to go undercover with Antifa on the campus of Utah State Univ. just prior to Ben Shapiro speaking there.

Antifa immediately armed their new confederate with a knife and a taser, explained how he can use encryption software provided by liberal groups to avoid surveillance and promised guns were also available in their cars.

Crowder shared the information with campus cops, city cops and local media, found out the feds were already aware of those particular violent antifa thugs, who were later arrested with weapons on their possession when they showed up to protest Ben Shapiro, a conservative pundit and also an orthodox Jew that antifa actually labels a Nazi because the rules they play by are that it's okay to punch a Nazi, so they just label everyone who disagrees with them a Nazi and anything they do is morally acceptable....to them.

Local media refused to touch the story and campus cops and campus administration buried the event.

UNDERCOVER IN ANTIFA: Their Tactics and Media Support Exposed!
11 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmNz2jGzsDA
Last edited by Michael on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Re: Undercover with Antifa and the violent, criminal left

Postby origami_itto on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 am

What's their body count?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:20 pm

oragami_itto wrote:What's their body count?

Nil. Did you watch the video?
Michael

Postby origami_itto on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 am

Michael wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:What's their body count?

Nil. Did you watch the video?

Sounds pretty dangerous in light of the stack the alt right is piling up.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:24 am

Is number of homicide's the only relevant measure of the danger or consequences of political violence?

How do you categorize the assasination attempt of Rep. Scalise and the others shot that day?
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:58 am

Violence is the measure of violence.

But, your second question is interesting. Are you saying that the guy who bought shot Scalise belonged to Antifa? Or, is he just an example of politically motivated violence? Not that it won't happen, but has Antifa run anyone over or shot people in a church. If they do, however, will it be worse because it's them who did it? Otoh, when someone at a KKK or neo-Nazi demonstration hits or shoots back at Antifa, is that justifiable violence.

I know some will call me a troll, but that's an insignificant price. In general, as soon as I saw "criminal left," I knew the conclusion and didn't have to read. Btw, I didn't read the article about undercover in the alt-right either. I know real ex-nazis, and alt-right is just a name. The actions of Individuals is all that matters to me. It doesn't [oops] matter whether the individual's mask or face is white or black. For me, alt-right or Antifa are generally just the same people who cheer for different football teams.

Now, I have a bunch of complaints about Antifa. The masks need to go. But, I resent more the conflation of Antifa with the "left," meaning not the right, meaning the liberals, democrats and anyone who doesn't support Trump. However, though not posting anything against Antifa makes one a supporter, not posting anything anti Nazi or KKK never suggests that one is a Nazi. I haven't seen one anti-Nazi thread on rsf. I've never seen one pro-antifa thread either. Words are violence and violence is almost always preceded by words.

Trolling over and out.
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: Undercover with Antifa

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:35 am

Steve James wrote:Violence is the measure of violence.

Yeah, but I was thinking about fear, terror, chilling effect, etc.

But, your second question is interesting. Are you saying that the guy who bought shot Scalise belonged to Antifa? Or, is he just an example of politically motivated violence?

I meant just an example of political violence.

Not that it won't happen, but has Antifa run anyone over or shot people in a church.

Asked and answered above.

If they do, however, will it be worse because it's them who did it?

No, of course not. My main point is that all political violence should be pre-empted by discussion and other non-violent means.

Otoh, when someone at a KKK or neo-Nazi demonstration hits or shoots back at Antifa, is that justifiable violence.

I attempted to discuss this with you in detail in the Charlotsville thread. I don't think the 1st amendment is an absolute right for terrorizing people when that is the result. Hurt feelings over tweets or something, that's your problem, but a bunch of armed people marching down your street with genocidal slogans, that's an exception to the rule I would agree to.

I know some will call me a troll, but that's an insignificant price. In general, as soon as I saw "criminal left," I knew the conclusion and didn't have to read. Btw, I didn't read the article about undercover in the alt-right either. I know real ex-nazis, and alt-right is just a name. The actions of Individuals is all that matters to me. It doesn't [oops] matter whether the individual's mask or face is white or black. For me, alt-right or Antifa are generally just the same people who cheer for different football teams.

Turns out I am in complete agreement with you. Also, the thread title was too click-baity, so I changed it.

Now, I have a bunch of complaints about Antifa. The masks need to go.

Yep.

But, I resent more the conflation of Antifa with the "left," meaning not the right, meaning the liberals, democrats and anyone who doesn't support Trump.

The problem is that the legitimate left has failed to disavow Antifa, at least partly because they're not aware of how big a problem it's become for their political opponents, the right, and are then surprised by the conflation, although from one point of view it appears there is a connection between Antifa and the legitimate political left. Destroy the perception of a connection by disavowing Antifa and political violence, and decry leftists in the media who perform mental gymnastics in order to justify punching a Nazi because that's the Antifa excuse for their pre-emptive political violence.

However, though not posting anything against Antifa makes one a supporter, not posting anything anti Nazi or KKK never suggests that one is a Nazi. I haven't seen one anti-Nazi thread on rsf. I've never seen one pro-antifa thread either.

I said it before that I think Nazis and KKK are so discredited as to be a joke. Maybe I should be more aware of the implication of what you've just said when I write about Antifa. I just didn't think it was necessary.

Words are violence and violence is almost always preceded by words.

How are words violence? Is there not a distinction between the two? Inb4 exception to the rule, fighting words, etc.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:22 pm

"Fighting words" is the point. Words often simply precede or encourage violent acts. Besides, everyone knows that words can hurt, especially when the words refer to him. Who likes to be called a thug, racist, or pedo, though such people do exist. But that gets into the idea of political correctness.

Anyway, thanks for changing the thread title. It's still accurate and fair. I might even read the article. But I am suspicious of demonizing people and groups. Acts, otoh, can always be judged on individual merit.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:21 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Greg, thanks for the interest in this thread, which suffered some neglect because of my original title choice, but your pic is kinda general, not so relevant to this topic, and maybe better for the Political Humor Only thread. However, I welcome anything that is more on topic for this discussion, whether humor, jpegs, whatever. Thx
Michael

Return to Off the Topic