Gong Shou Dao — Opener of New Push Hands Competition

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Gong Shou Dao — Opener of New Push Hands Competition

Postby marvin8 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:52 pm

November 15, 2017

"Gong Shou Road" is a brand new sports event tai chi, the traditional Taijiquan event, visualization, close to the young crowd. Players 1v1 showdown, in a high platform with a ramp, limited range of motion of a leg, will step push hands, throwing an opponent or to push down the high score, high score wins each round, three games. November 15 will be the exclusive live video Youku "Gong Shou Road," the opener, so stay tuned:

http://vku.youku.com/live/newplay?spm=a ... A&id=13746
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Gong Shou Dao — Opener of New Push Hands Competition

Postby cloudz on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:29 am

Razzmatazz!
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Hello! Originally I wanted to have a "cool post count" of 108, or something like that (something associated with Tai Chi) but that does not seem possible here. Therefore I am editing this post to point out that users here cannot delete their own posts. I do not understand why users have the ability to edit their posts but not to delete their posts.
Last edited by Appledog on Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:35 pm

There were a few clean techniques, but mostly king-of-the-hill wrestling. To make it more interesting they should place broken glass, spikes, or sharks down at the bottom of the hill.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby Strange on Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Ron Panunto wrote:...... broken glass, spikes, or sharks down at the bottom of the hill.

hur hur hur :)
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Appledog wrote:
marvin8 wrote:November 15, 2017

"Gong Shou Road" is a brand new sports event tai chi, the traditional Taijiquan event, visualization, close to the young crowd.

Right. This is more like it :) Actually after watching GSD a few more times I liked it more. But this really takes the cake. It seems Jack Ma recognizes what it will take to revitalize Tai Chi. Good on him for getting involved like that.

I would not agree. It would have been better for him to sponsor a stable of fighters trained in taiji, train them to compete
in the competitive events of the day hopefully winning them.

What it amounts to is setting up another format with its own rules promoting a set of ideas expected to be able to be used
in other formats....Has this ever been shown to have worked so far ?

Why not go directly to the other formats and show case the style or method in a free environment.
What he's recognized is that taiji can be promoted in a way to attract people not willing to step into a ring
in a relatively safe environment. Unless taiji is regulated to pushing just as judo is to throwing and has its own
competitive format.....it seems quite limiting

While over all I agree with promoting the art and CMA, I do not agree with creating another specialized format to do so.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Ron Panunto wrote:There were a few clean techniques, but mostly king-of-the-hill wrestling. To make it more interesting they should place broken glass, spikes, or sharks down at the bottom of the hill.

When I as a kid began study Karate there was a senior student who told me that in ancient times those who aspired to a "Karate master" rank had to fight and kill a tiger with his bare hands, this fight was to be done in a deep pit.........I did not believe the story :) ...... But such an incident supposedly happened according to Gogen Yamaguchi ( a well renown Karate figure) while he was stationed in Manchuria, so it seem this "tiger fighting" thing was going on not too long time ago in China, maybe something for bold Taiji competitors to revive..........Best to say that I do not believe the Gogen Yamaguchi story either :)
Trick

Postby C.J.W. on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 pm

An extremely pitiful attempt to modernize and publicize Taiji PH.

I've had more fun watching pee-wee league wrestling than those matches.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:08 pm

windwalker wrote:It would have been better for him to sponsor a stable of fighters trained in taiji, train them to compete
in the competitive events of the day hopefully winning them.

If he did that he would probably cheat, let his stable of fighters cross train in wrestling and kick boxing and probably pump them up with steroids too. There would not be any purists in that stable 8-)
Trick

Return to Video Links