Taiji sparring

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Taiji sparring

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:30 pm

The fact the Muay Thai guy turns his back after throwing the first punch tells it all
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby willie on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 pm

wayne hansen wrote:The fact the Muay Thai guy turns his back after throwing the first punch tells it all

Bulshit. The Chen stylist kick the living crap out of him like nothing
willie

Postby Finny on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:18 am

lol - good one.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:42 am

That first clip was very nice, thanks.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:42 pm

willie wrote:
wayne hansen wrote:The fact the Muay Thai guy turns his back after throwing the first punch tells it all

I agree with wayne. The Muay Thai guy is a terrible actor.

Muay Thai guy turns his back after punching, does not check (raise leg) lower leg kicks, few lower leg kicks and no power on kicks. MT guy kicks high, leaves his leg up waiting for Zhang to grab his leg and take him down without resistance.

@ 8:50, Chen fighters, at Chen Jia Gou, train Sanda to prepare for fights.

Wushu Longhuquan
Published on Dec 14, 2014:

Training in the famous School of "Master Wang Zhan Jun", the largest of ChenJiaGou, with more than 300 pupils. I am deeply grateful to Shifu Wang and his Senior Instructors, since he almost does not teach foreigners, but he agreed to train us very gently. Needless to say, we are proud to be the "first Argentines" to be trained by the Master of "Jet Li, Vincent Zhao and Wu Jing (Jacky Wu)" among others:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JolanPpxaaY&t=8m50s
Last edited by marvin8 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:34 pm

willie wrote:

The Chen stylist should have signed up for a "game" at the Lumpini or Rajadamnern stadiums in Bangkok, that would be a great test for the Taiji master
Trick

Postby Trick on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 pm

At least the early Japanese Kyokushin Karatekas tried it out with real Thai Boxers. Why can't the Taiji masters do that too if the now must fight something called Muay Thai.
Trick

Postby willie on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 am

marvin8 wrote:

Muay Thai guy turns his back after punching, does not check (raise leg) lower leg kicks, few lower leg kicks and no power on kicks. MT guy kicks high, leaves his leg up waiting for Zhang to grab his leg and take him down without resistance.

I am deeply grateful to Shifu Wang and his Senior Instructors, since he almost does not teach foreigners,
Marvin I'm going to look at that full screen on my laptop tomorrow because I only watch that fight on my iPhone. But to tell you the truth it seems that every time somebody post a video showing the effectiveness of real Tai Chi everyone assumes that the video is fake. That is one of the biggest problems with power Sellers and mainstream media. As far as the Chen style Master not teaching foreigners that I would say is most likely true. As I had said before it seems like a lot of Chinese do not want foreigners to have their complete art.
willie

Postby willie on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:56 pm

All three video's legit.
First video, video shows great energy cultivation, honest resistance, competent opponents, but edited in fast mode about 5-10%.

Second video, shows great energy cultivation, honest resistance, competent opponents working with-in a rule set.

Third video. excellent fight. 100% real. One tell tale sign that nobody here caught on too, is something that I learned to look for
from my days in MMA. "the person checking his shorts, knows he is in trouble"...
You can see that several times in that fight. There is no way to fake that. it proves honest intent...You can also see that in a fight with Don frye in K-1 and
in many other fights
As far as the skill level of each fighter and the hand picking, it is anyone's speculation.
and there WAS hand picking in UFC 1, at least that is what I was told from someone who was there.
Last edited by willie on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby Bao on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Second video: just another "match" from cctv5 in a series of set-up, rehearsed matches purely for entertainment reasons.
Third vid: Some guy in Muai Thai shorts who can not fight, who use no Thai boxing tactics, no feints, no set ups. A match as made up as it could possibly be, and just for the T'ai chi guy so he can show off.

Can't understand how anyone could fall for it. :P
Last edited by Bao on Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Bao wrote:Second video: just another "match" from cctv5 in a series of set-up, rehearsed matches purely for entertainment reasons.
Third vid: Some guy in Muai Thai shorts who can not fight, who use no Thai boxing tactics, no feints, no set ups. A match as made up as it could possibly be, and just for the T'ai chi guy so he can show off.

Can't understand how anyone could fall for it. :P
the second video, it would be harder to duplicate that movement while acting, then it is to actually do it in real life.
Last edited by willie on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby marvin8 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:38 am

Edit: Moved to Off Topic, as Yi Long not known to use Taiji in fighting.
Last edited by marvin8 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 am

The Muay Thai guy is obviously a better kick boxer than Yi Long.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:47 am

Edit: Ron Panunto replied to my post, that I moved to Off the Topic, Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong KOs Yi Long in 2 Rounds.

Ron Panunto wrote:The Muay Thai guy is obviously a better kick boxer than Yi Long.

Technically, this was not a kick boxing or Muay Thai fight. The fight was promoted by Wu Lin Feng using their rules (e.g., limited clinching, no elbows, etc.). So, "the Muay Thai guy is obviously a better" Wu Lin Feng fighter.

Fight Rules, https://www.wulinfeng.ca/wulinfeng-mma-rules/:
Wu Lin Feng wrote:• Athletes are forbidden from attacking the back of the head, neck or crotch.
• Attacking the other party using the head, elbows or any action by reversing joints is prohibited.
• Athletes are not allowed to control the other party through the use of both hands and attacking the opponent’s knees. Attacking through hooping of the neck is allowed.
• Taking the initiative to wrestle is not allowed, however single-leg lifting is allowed with the condition that no dangerous movements are made after single-leg lifting the other party (i.e. over-arm throwing). A sweeping-leg is allowed after a single-leg lifting to overthrow the other party as an exception.
• Only one attack is permitted after catching the other’s attacking leg; a continuous attack is prohibited.
• Attacking is prohibited when the other party has been knocked out and/or is in the process of standing up.
• Using any method to throw the other party outside of the boxing ring is not allowed.
• Using passive holding techniques to avoid an attack or fight-back. Reminders will be given when passive holding occurs twice; the third time will result in a one-point deduction punishment.
• Knee attacks are allowed once at a time only; continuous use of such is not allowed.
• Between rounds, the winning party shall return to the neutral corner on time. Failure to do so (i.e. such as waving or cheering on the stage) will result in seconds not being able to enter the ring until the athlete returns to the neutral corner to resume seconds-out. The athlete who is standing at the neutral corner is prohibited from placing arms on the ring ropes, nor leaning on them, and/or on the columns.
• Attacking the other party instead of retreating after hearing the “break” order is considered a foul.
• Each athlete is only allowed to bring two assistant coaches to the stage; any persons exceeding the limit will be prohibited from entering the stage.
• Each athlete can wear only one layer of regular tape or ankle protector. Cotton materials and hard tapes are prohibited. All worn items will be examined by the judge before entering the stage.
Last edited by marvin8 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Before he got defeated he was a fighting monk
After he was defeated he was a tai chi practicioner
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links