systema voodoo

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

systema voodoo

Postby emptycloud on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:00 pm

emptycloud

Re: systema voodoo

Postby Bao on Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Yeah, he was stabbed in the stomach already about 0.9, so it's weird that he went on. Ridiculous.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 am

Systema tickle fu.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 am

There's a certain amount Mikhail's stuff that looks weird, even a lot of his "normal" work doesn't conform to conventional ideas sometimes. But it's not voodoo. He has the ability to control a person's tension, to quite a refined degree. That may be physical and/or psychological tension. The reaction to it is individual. I think it's one of those skills that perhaps people speak of in CIMA masters of old?

Anyhoo, he is around and about a lot, it's pretty easy to get access to him. The first time I worked with him was an interesting experience, never felt anything quite like it before. I coulnd't see a stab that hit at 0.09 maybe I missed it. Though I don't think it's a knife defence drill
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:49 am

he went in for the nipple twist as well, brutal.. that'd be more than enough to get me hopping around.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:52 am

cloudz wrote:he went in for the nipple twist as well, brutal.. that'd be more than enough to get me hopping around.

;D

I noticed that one, too.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:54 am

RobP3 wrote: He has the ability to control a person's tension, to quite a refined degree. That may be physical and/or psychological tension. The reaction to it is individual. I think it's one of those skills that perhaps people speak of in CIMA masters of old?

Hi Rob,
People speak the same, bolded part, about certain current push hands reactions, never mind the past..
Last edited by cloudz on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:34 am

RobP3 wrote:Anyhoo, he is around and about a lot, it's pretty easy to get access to him. The first time I worked with him was an interesting experience, never felt anything quite like it before.

If it's so different from what you do, then from your perspective is there any point of it? If it's so different, where's it's place in Systema? :-\

I coulnd't see a stab that hit at 0.09 maybe I missed it. Though I don't think it's a knife defence drill

The "attacker" slows down by himself and just wait for that (Mikhael?) to do catch up with him. If the attacker had continued he would have stabbed him. So he git stabbed.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:12 am

cloudz wrote:
RobP3 wrote: He has the ability to control a person's tension, to quite a refined degree. That may be physical and/or psychological tension. The reaction to it is individual. I think it's one of those skills that perhaps people speak of in CIMA masters of old?

Hi Rob,
People speak the same, bolded part, about certain current push hands reactions, never mind the past..

Maybe they do. Difference for me is there is easy access to people like MR to feel for yourself, no apprenticeship required :) How the psychological aspect work si a very individual thing, influenced sometimes by culture and expectation, sometimes by fear and other factors
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:16 am

Bao wrote:
RobP3 wrote:Anyhoo, he is around and about a lot, it's pretty easy to get access to him. The first time I worked with him was an interesting experience, never felt anything quite like it before.

If it's so different from what you do, then from your perspective is there any point of it? If it's so different, where's it's place in Systema? :-\

I coulnd't see a stab that hit at 0.09 maybe I missed it. Though I don't think it's a knife defence drill

The "attacker" slows down by himself and just wait for that (Mikhael?) to do catch up with him. If the attacker had continued he would have stabbed him. So he git stabbed.

I didn't say it was different, but is way beyond what I can do. Same concepts, just further along the path
Oh right, so he didn't get stabbed then :) Perhaps he stopped for some other reason, such as the right hand touching him.

Personally I find there's not much to be gained from discussing this kind of work, it really is a personal experience thing, then you can make your own conclusions
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:57 am

The same people who call for reality in tai chi call this stuff real
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:58 pm

wayne hansen wrote:The same people who call for reality in tai chi call this stuff real

Using the same reasoning. ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby willie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:14 pm

wayne hansen wrote:The same people who call for reality in tai chi call this stuff real

This is really a funny quote because, that entire set is actually from the noodle version of yang Style. The entire thing is just Tai Chi and then named something else to make it sellable, because of the damage that was already done to the Tai Chi name. Sure they put their own spin on it.
Last edited by willie on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby C.J.W. on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:49 pm

It looks like Mikhail has been dabbling in some veeeeery high-level Japanese Aiki-jutsu too. Starting at 1:30:

C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby dspyrido on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 pm

RobP3 wrote:Personally I find there's not much to be gained from discussing this kind of work, it really is a personal experience thing, then you can make your own conclusions

I am not about to get on a plane and go around the world in order to experience it. Straight out this looks exactly like all the other no touch stuff which to date has had a poor record of success on me.

Are you saying you've felt it and would fall over just because mikhail grinned inanely at you?

Or even this at 56s in where mr deadly blade master starts to gag with his hand in the air?

dspyrido
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links