Biased Reporting Against Cheeto Hitler Exposed

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Biased Reporting Against Cheeto Hitler Exposed

Postby origami_itto on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:18 am

It's a good thing we have unbiased sources like Fox and friends to report the hard truth
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby edededed on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:08 pm

Japan is a funny example of how unconscious bias is in a large way perpetuated via controlled information sources (i.e. the news). Often, "big news" like a wedding engagement of a royal family member appears at a time that is strangely convenient for the ruling party (i.e. to cover some other negative news of the moment).

But watching another country's news can also be educational, as an example that you can read/watch from a neutral point of view.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:31 pm

edededed wrote:Japan is a funny example of how unconscious bias is in a large way perpetuated via controlled information sources (i.e. the news). Often, "big news" like a wedding engagement of a royal family member appears at a time that is strangely convenient for the ruling party (i.e. to cover some other negative news of the moment).

But watching another country's news can also be educational, as an example that you can read/watch from a neutral point of view.

I'm not surprised by this, and It's likely largely true. that said, we have been watching a lot of exposés on 社会問題, including 差別, 部落民, and 在日. So, these very candid probes certainly don't fit in the picture you paint above. They even invite on humanities and social science profs from Todai to critique Japanese culture. I was also surprised to see the Japanese Ultra-Nationalists compared to Greek semi-Nazis.

The series is called クロースアップ
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 pm

Wow - maybe I watch TV at all the wrong times! Certainly, things have yet improved gradually; maybe those topics were okay because they are not direct criticisms of the government (those topics tend to be followed by certain persons "quitting"). But I'll keep a lookout for that show.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:27 am

edededed wrote:Wow - maybe I watch TV at all the wrong times! Certainly, things have yet improved gradually; maybe those topics were okay because they are not direct criticisms of the government (those topics tend to be followed by certain persons "quitting"). But I'll keep a lookout for that show.

Thus far the episodes I have watched (prerecorded for us based on our thematic focus that week) have spanned 2009-2015. Next time I see it, I'll try and figure out what channel it's on.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic