Mian Xiang (face reading) for Self Defence- Serge Augier

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Mian Xiang (face reading) for Self Defence- Serge Augier

Postby lineofintent on Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:48 pm

hi everyone

Line of Intent Books will publish in early December 2017 a book which will be of great interest to many of you

Written Transmissions of Da Xuan Daoism Book One

Urban Violence - Mian Xiang (Face Reading) for Self Defence by Serge Augier

Limited Edition hardcover book (1000 numbered copies) £44

pre-orders to reserve a copy can be sent to - [email protected]

This book, as with all of our books, is available only directly from us, not sold in shops. Although advertised on Singing Dragon books list, they will not now be releasing this - instead we are publishing a much expanded version which includes the following -

Part One – Fundamental Theory

Chapter One - Introduction To the Da Xuan Tradition

Part Two – Fixed Mian Xiang

Chapter One – Self Defence Theory
Chapter Two – How to train your response to fear and adrenalin
Chapter Three - Getting out of dangerous situations
Chapter Four – Physical Solutions
Chapter Five - Pathological Personalities
Chapter Six – Mian Xiang for Self Defence
Chapter Seven – Fundamentals on the five elements of the face
Chapter Eight – Five Element faces
Chapter Nine – The Ten Character faces

Part Three – Changing Mian Xiang

Chapter One – Moving Mian Xiang
Chapter Two - Perceiving the Truth

Part Four – Dialogue with the Master

Chapter One – Intuition and Boundaries
Chapter Two – Martial Arts

We are publishing many new titles in the new year by great masters and practitioners of the traditional arts, all in limited editions for the serious practitioners!

Alex
Last edited by lineofintent on Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lineofintent
Wuji

Re: Mian Xiang (face reading) for Self Defence- Serge Augier

Postby Bhassler on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Can you provide an overview as to what Mian Xiang actually means in this context (if it's any different from what a Google search for Mian Xiang would reveal), and very broadly how it pertains to self defense?
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby lineofintent on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:01 am

I will ask Serge if he can comment here or can make a little video to introduce the Mian Xiang, the following is taken from the introduction -

This book will teach you this: seeing, understanding and knowing the situations before they become bad ones…and how to get out of them.

For that, we will study 4 topics:

- Psychology of pathological personalities and their violent aspects.
- The way to see the troublesome people by the use of Mian Xiang, a Daoist form of morpho-psychology.
- Learning basic “Moving” Mian Xiang, reading the people in the moment
- The way of truth, a very old Daoist practice to see better and be more aware.

With these 4 topics of study, we will be able to see (the way of truth) and recognize the bad people and the bad intent, and know how to react and how to get out of the bad situation.

You have some simple things you need to know about people, especially ill-intentioned people, to be able to see the situations clearly.

For this, we will see how some personalities are pathologic and which ones can be trouble: this can be used for work environments and for self-defense…and sometimes for family interaction.

This is a very old Daoist teaching on personalities that I made more modern for today’s world: it’s pretty simple but very important.

Some personalities just do not handle certain ways, certain information: if we know how to behave with the good people, we can very easily make friends with even the most difficult person.

This teaching comes from Bazi, the pillars of destiny, and is very accurate and just.

The Mian Xiang is very old too, it’s a simple way to spot troublesome people, tense or angry people: just avoid them when they are too tense.

Mian Xiang is very complex and still very secret; I will only talk about the basics that can be used for the purpose of this book.

Then we will see the most important aspect of this book, the way to see better and to be aware of your environment.

This training was given to the Imperial bodyguard during the Tang dynasty in China, when members of my Da Xuan Lineage were advising officials.

Legend or not, the techniques work and the benefits are a lot more than just self-defense: seeing the world better, the people with more accuracy, and being really present to your Present time…that’s all we ever want to be.

The way of the truth is one of the 8 deep meditations of the Da Xuan Tradition, it’s the way to train the perception of reality: I will teach here what can be accomplished easily, for all, to see the reality of our environment.

I taught this to police, army, bouncers and bodyguards over the years: you see better, you prepare better, you react better.

Once again, you will not learn techniques, you will develop qualities that will just work for you: all you have to do is train and learn, as I advise in this book, and the reality will be in front of you and you will very rarely be surprised by a bad situation.
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:30 am

Awesome, thanks for the tip. 8-)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby MistyMonkeyMethod on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:40 am

Sounds interesting?

Is there an ebook/kindle format available?
“Make everything in you an ear, each atom of your being, and you will hear at every moment what the Source is whispering to you, just to you and for you, without any need for my words or anyone else’s.”— Rumi
MistyMonkeyMethod
Mingjing

Postby lineofintent on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:05 am

No, there won't be any ebook, only this hardcover book.
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby MistyMonkeyMethod on Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:24 am

Thanks for the info.
“Make everything in you an ear, each atom of your being, and you will hear at every moment what the Source is whispering to you, just to you and for you, without any need for my words or anyone else’s.”— Rumi
MistyMonkeyMethod
Mingjing

Postby Bhassler on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:17 am

Thanks for the excerpt. In my world, "self defense" has a very particular meaning-- it sounds like this covers a much broader context.

As a data point, I also would be interested in an eBook format, although I understand why there may be some reluctance.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby lineofintent on Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 am

Yes broad but also a lot of specific advice about the practical 'self-defence' of actual fighting etc, barehand, weapons , strategy and more.

The whole idea of Line of Intent Books now is to produce small runs of high quality books by experts in the traditional arts, books that can still be treasured in a hundred years. Many of us still love real books. We set the price a little higher than average books so as to put a value to the information, the decades of training and hundreds of years of tradition which are behind the words on the pages.

Thank you to all of you for the great response so far and all the reservations being made.
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby eddie mush on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:22 am

Awesome, the topic of this book sounds very interesting!
Martin Lund Rasmussen

In case you are unfamiliar with Eddie Mush, he was the character in the movie "A Bronx Tale" who was a total jinx. He had a perfect track record of losing every bet he ever placed as well as jinxing everyone around him.
eddie mush
Anjing

Postby eddie mush on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:37 am

Bump! Book is out now I saw.
Martin Lund Rasmussen

In case you are unfamiliar with Eddie Mush, he was the character in the movie "A Bronx Tale" who was a total jinx. He had a perfect track record of losing every bet he ever placed as well as jinxing everyone around him.
eddie mush
Anjing

Postby lineofintent on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:12 am

Yes the book is now being mailed out!

Urban Violence - Mian Xiang Face Reading for Self Defence book is now ready to send! 187 pages Hardbound limited 1st edition 1000 numbered copies. £35 plus reg p/p.

To order please email me at - [email protected]
lineofintent
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:55 am

A very interesting area of study and one that is often overlooked. Congrats Alex, hope it goes well!
Last edited by RobP3 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby lineofintent on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Thanks Rob! yes it is an important topic.
lineofintent
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan