Something is going wrong in Afghanistan

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Something is going wrong in Afghanistan

Postby Michael on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:05 am

No, I haven't. damned geo-locator enforcement has kept me off Netflix quite a bit.

Good show?
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Michael wrote:No, I haven't. damned geo-locator enforcement has kept me off Netflix quite a bit.

Good show?

Here is the description on Netflix;

"Skeptics and others discuss conspiracy theories involving aliens, government cover-ups, secret assassination and other intriques."

Mark Bazeley is the narrator. It very History channel-ish where they cover a lot if ground quickly and try to show a bit of both sides. It definitely makes you realize that those in power will try to get away with whatever they can get away with and in some ways leaves you with more questions than answers.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:13 pm

They start with the alleged suicide of Hitler.

I didn't realize that the DNA on the skull the Russians had came back negative when they were tested in 2009.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 am

Sounds fine, but most of my viewing these days is stuff like Black Mirror and other "reality is a simulation" conundrum shows.

Hitler DNA just doesn't give me wood like it used to. ;)
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:21 am

Don't need no conspiracy. Rob Porter: presidential right hand man, no security clearance. If there was a conspiracy, we'd never find out shit like that. And DT would certainly let us know if there were aliens, haarp weather effects, chemtrails, etc. Still waiting to hear what he has to say about opium in Afghanistan.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 am

I hear that.

Speaking of which I had dinner with the director of Waco: The Rules of Engagement.

He was a distant relative of my girlfriend at the time. That and the Panama Deception are probably the best films exposing cover ups I have seen.

Black Mirror is good and offen based off of facebook. Black Mirror is reality.

I know FB employees who don't dare use it.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 am

Waco is a complex issue. I think there may have been a cover up, but I think the event was the result of fuck ups. There are too many Waco like communities with reports of incest, child marriages, polygamy, and you name it, all claiming an expression of religious freedom.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:56 am

I think that's about right, Steve. A series of fuck-ups and a cover up that required a fire.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:01 am

I don't doubt Koresh has issues and enjoyed his status and power which he probably abused but I believe there was a cover-up of how the ATF dealt with the families and children. Yet they were so demonized no one seemed to care.

https://youtu.be/1O78gUTO_1M

I got to watch is again since I saw it 20 years ago but there seems to be evidence of the AFT carrying an SS assault of burn all, kill all and destory all.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 am

Either way the whole thing was a tragedy and is well worth watching. Although I would have to do my own research before I could really have an opinion but considering the body count something definitely went wrong.

Cults are said. I know people in taiji cults and even though some there are skilled I will have nothing to do with them because I can't hold my tongue but I would certainly hope for better for people who get caught up in cults.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:43 pm

Watching it two decades later, if you already know the story and don't have 2 hours to watch it and the CSPAN footage/hearing you can jump to 137:00 and you will see the ATF using a tank to take everyone out.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Well, my problem is that I could point to many earlier government oversteps, f-ups, and murders, including dropping bombs on U.S. homes. That's just the FBI, specifically under Hoover. It doesn't even count CIA operations overseas. I also think there are plenty of things happening currently that are better to complain about.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 pm

I see where you are coming from but I am not complaining. To me Waco is and was another example of police brutality and no different than what happened to Tamir Rice.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:02 pm

To me, at this point, Waco is still being used by people on the right to demonize the gov't for coming down on them. If Koresh had been a Muslim fundamentalist, with guns, there would be no outcry from the right. (Not that it would come from anyone, frankly). Ruby Ridge and Waco have been a rallying cry.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:09 pm

I agree, it is unfortunate.

I know a guy who doesn't believe in the Black Lives Matter movement, likes Duterte but is outraged over Ruby Ridge and Waco.

To me they are one in the same, authorities abusing power.

I understand where you are coming from though.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic