Thank a Liberal!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Thank a Liberal!

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Bought some legal cannabis for a family member recovering from cancer surgery. I was very impressed with the dispensary, the products and the results.

It was for a senior citizen so naturally they and their spouse were hesitant and if it were not for me they never would have used it. But since I don't care what other people think of me including family think (some of whom were strongly opposed to it), I advocated for it, discussed it with their doctor who said it could help with gaining back their appetite.

It worked well, they ate, slept (only waking up once as opposed to a few times) and today they have not used the prescribed oxycodone which I am completely opposed to.

When in Oakland go to Purple Heart. Great place, great staff and located right off of the freeway.

Hard to believe so many were locked up for so long for a plant which does so much good.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:02 pm

So, the fam is good on oxy but bad on weed. It's chronically ironic. Ime, the things that oxy will work for aren't helped by weed. People who need oxy will turn to heroin. If weed helps, then oxy is totally unnecessary.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Yes, it is strange but then again perhaps the decades of stigma has this effect everywhere. I remember reading "Emporer" back when it was first published whereas the rest of family were being programmed by Reagan. (What didn't that man destroy?)

All things being equal this isn't the first in my family to battle cancer and the subject of cannabis came up before and a relative was convinced that they would just sleep all the time and wrote it off. Also doctors can't prescribe it so it is a bit like asking a medical doctor about acupuncture. Lucky for me the Doc said it could help the patient regain their appetite but he said nothing about pain management.

The patient prefers the cannabis because they can actually think clearly as opposed to pain killers.

I have heard that more and more people are refusing pain killers from their doctor and telling them they will medicate with cannabis.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:21 pm

It's hard to avoid opiates when they work. The real problem is when people become addicted. It's not automatic, but it's really easy. Otoh, when someone suffers from chronic pain, opiates might be the only alternative. So, imo, if someone is able to do without them, it's best to avoid them.

Oh, fwiw, if you ever need to be rushed to an emergency room, do not say that your complaint is pain. Depending on where you are, they may assume that you are just there for the medication. If you're not having a heart attack, they'll just wait.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:20 am

Sounds like a big improvement for the person you helped. It's not only another useful choice, but really a large menu of different kinds they can use with varying effects.

You gonna bone up on all the dispensary offers in order to help them find the weed they really need? -joint-
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Michael wrote:Sounds like a big improvement for the person you helped. It's not only another useful choice, but really a large menu of different kinds they can use with varying effects.

You gonna bone up on all the dispensary offers in order to help them find the weed they really need? -joint-

It is a big change! They have two prices. One for recreational and one for medical. We don't have a card for medical so we paid the recreational price.

Definitely a lot to choose from and even once we figure out what you want they have a lot of varities. They even have non-thc varieties where you get the health benefits of the cannabinoids but without the head high. Some say you still get hungry but some say otherwise. I went with the thc for my family because I figured it would take out any headaches he may have due to the body aches besides this person isn't driving and is a retiree.

The one complaint I have is that certain counties and cities are refusing to give out permits to dispensaries and as a result you have to go to a big city to find a recreational dispensary. Saying that they are delivery services widely available as well as medical only dispensaries.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:09 pm

2 hour documentary on marijuana with Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

https://youtu.be/PRLYV0_6zY8
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic