XingYi Pi Chuan 1000 times

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: XingYi Pi Chuan 1000 times

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:55 pm

Sounds like a spin on Guo Yunshen‘s legend, “Devine crushing fist”, imprisoned for killing someone with his Beng Chuan. The other side is when Guo was released, he could not defeat his fellow students because he only had one technique, which limited his ability to change.
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:11 pm

he could not defeat his fellow students because he only had one technique, which limited his ability to change

Interesting.....Not in my memory from my limited reading... :o
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Legend always has many versions

“In another version of this story, Guo Yunshen, desiring to fight Dong Hai Chuan, he first went to visit Cheng Tinghua, another native of Hebei province. Cheng invited Guo to dinner. Guo demonstrated his "Divine Crushing Fist", which Cheng evaded twice. Because of this, he rethought his plan to challenge Dong, knowing him to be a superior practitioner to Cheng.”

“However, one day, he fought against another master by the name of Che I Chai, who easily defeated Guo. After which, realizing that he still had more to learn, he returned to study with Master Li.”
Last edited by Wanderingdragon on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:11 pm

It is a good story to tell one should make themself better and better. It is the person's skills, not the style.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Strange on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:39 pm

all of you touch on a very important point in traditional cma
in this era of "more", of consumption and consumerism attitude
makes for people who take a misconceived idea about ma.

wanting "more", eager to achieve "more", they gather many things
like so many small pieces of cookie crumbs, but nv the whole cookie
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:04 pm

is there some modern mma equivalent to these learning stories?

like grappler fights striker. Whomever loses the match (or maybe even the winner) says "excellent. please teach me [grappling/striking]."
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:55 pm

There are lot of guys around who request to learn after losing a fight/challenge. They seek to make themselves better, and they gain respect. i think it depends on the person's attitude.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Fa Xing on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:45 am

Up until Guo left prison, he had only learned the Five Element boxing (Wu Xing Quan 五行拳) and didn't wish to learn any of the other material since he was so effective, especially with his Beng Quan (crushing fist 崩拳). However when Li Nengran called him back to finish his training and leave alone the caravan responsible for getting him in prison in the first place, but Guo refused whereby Li said that his Shixiong, Che Yizhai, was far better than Guo. This obviously upset Guo, he went to challenge Che, and in what was described as a light sparring match, evaded Guo's famous Half-Step Crushing Fist (ban bu beng quan 崩拳) and then stopped a Pi Quan (splitting fist 劈拳) just above Guo's forehead. That's the story.

By the way, most Xingyi historians believe that the story of Guo and Dong fighting is nonsense. Same goes for the Guo Yun Shen and Cheng Tinghua story, plus Guo and Cheng knew each other since they were from the same county.
Dr. Troy Schott
Doctor of Chiropractic
Lead Instructor, Ground Dragon Martial Arts
https://grounddragonma.com/
Fa Xing
Anjing

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Anything you weren't there for is most likely a story
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 pm

Anything you weren't there for is most likely a story
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:20 pm

thanks, fa xing.
Now i recall i read something like this before.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby Strange on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 pm

i was not there when old master show they did not need to hit the second time
i think it might be just a story, after all i did see real mma fight where
they writhe and whack each other for a long time and still manage to
stand up
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:30 pm

Fa Xing wrote:Up until Guo left prison, he had only learned the Five Element boxing (Wu Xing Quan 五行拳) and didn't wish to learn any of the other material since he was so effective, especially with his Beng Quan (crushing fist 崩拳). However when Li Nengran called him back to finish his training and leave alone the caravan responsible for getting him in prison in the first place, but Guo refused whereby Li said that his Shixiong, Che Yizhai, was far better than Guo. This obviously upset Guo, he went to challenge Che, and in what was described as a light sparring match, evaded Guo's famous Half-Step Crushing Fist (ban bu beng quan 崩拳) and then stopped a Pi Quan (splitting fist 劈拳) just above Guo's forehead. That's the story.

By the way, most Xingyi historians believe that the story of Guo and Dong fighting is nonsense. Same goes for the Guo Yun Shen and Cheng Tinghua story, plus Guo and Cheng knew each other since they were from the same county.

I doubt substance of this story because Li Cunyi had a student learnt from Guo and later went to Shanxi to further his training, but non of the Shanxi branch could block him. I will post the student name later.
Overlord

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:07 am

LEGEND

8-)
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:52 pm

i was not there when old master show they did not need to hit the second time
i think it might be just a story

We are too young to see enough of this. I saw a 80+ years old man with a crippled leg did Bagua like flying. a man jumped casually six feet away in one step, a man broke a two inches diameter marble slab with one finger. I lived with a couple, the wife hit the man with one punch, and he died three months later.
suckinlhbf
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan