The Carnivore Diet?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Carnivore Diet?

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:34 am

I plan on doing fastiing sometime soon. When I am sick I fast and I always feel great afterwards but it could be because I am not having any sugar or caffeine. There are some other easier interesting methods. The idea of having a 9 hour eating window a day sounds like a winner.

Watch "Joe Rogan - Time Restricted Eating" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/m6KClPkotxM
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby middleway on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:49 am

Can honestly say i have tried most dietary protocols out there, from Keto to Vegan from TRE to Mediterranean. I am fascinated with the subject of nutrition, and love food so have done alot of self testing. (read that as eating!)

Time restricted eating is way easier than it sounds actually. I found it very simple to do, although i didn’t feel any noticeable improvement in health or body composition tbh.

I was Vegetarian (and for a little while Vegan) for a time (about 6 months) and after an initial month of feeling great, my health started to deteriorate, from joint pain issues, including loss of ROM strangely, to low energy and a few other things best not discussed in public!

Within a week of re-introducing good quality meat and fish i was feeling amazing and my bloods showed positive trends.

Now my diet is essentially 'Paleo' (I dont care what paleo man actually ate btw) Basically it is relatively low carb but includes roots, fruits and tubers, lots of veggies, meat and fish. It is what has always fitted best with my personal genetics.

With that said, i am really intrigued by this carnivore diet ... so may give it a go for a month. We have an amazing local butcher/farm shop so i can guarantee the meat quality is high and can also get organ meats etc.

will keep yall posted.
Last edited by middleway on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:12 am

I`ve trained different types of diet thru the years.
I ended with very good juicer which allowed me for easy pres 1,5 l mostly organic vegge and fruits ea day.
One day a week - fastening with bentonite and plantago ovatta is good idea too.
Right now I don`t care more about the food than above,/just has to be tasty , dammed! /
also, dont mix meat with carbo, and try avoid bakery ;)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:23 am

I watched the Science of Fasting on Amazon and it was very good. I would like to go Siberia and experience the Russian way firsthand.

Here is a much shorter version of some of the benefits.

Watch "Intermittent Fasting vs. Prolonged Fasting: Benefits of 1-3 Day Fasts- Thomas DeLauer" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/6UShUs1Wb_k

Dr. Fung also has good videos on YouTube on fasting. The title really doesn't do the video justice because they discuss much more than weight loss.

Watch "Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss w/ Jason Fung, MD" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:30 am

Good on you Middleway. Trying these things out for yourself is really the only way to figure out what works for your genetics. Perhaps eating rice and veggies with small amounts of meat works so well for me because of my Asian side.

I am going start a fast today perhaps just a 24 but hopefully longer.

wiesiek wrote:I`ve trained different types of diet thru the years.
I ended with very good juicer which allowed me for easy pres 1,5 l mostly organic vegge and fruits ea day.
One day a week - fastening with bentonite and plantago ovatta is good idea too.
Right now I don`t care more about the food than above,/just has to be tasty , dammed! /
also, dont mix meat with carbo, and try avoid bakery ;)

I believe lots of fruits and veggies is one reason why people feel so much better when go vegan/vegetarian. You just can't go wrong with lots and veggies.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:43 am

Got close to 24 hours and had to tap out due to work. Now I understand why people take time off of work to fast or do it during religious holidays because although great for your body you become very unproductive storing your energy for only things of importance and your jerk of a boss is not one of them.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:10 pm

the world cannot support 8.5 billion heavily carnivorous humans with the way meat is produced now. better to have a bit of meat, more fish and lots and lots of vegetables-grains-seeds-fruits
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:00 pm

vadaga wrote:the world cannot support 8.5 billion heavily carnivorous humans with the way meat is produced now. better to have a bit of meat, more fish and lots and lots of vegetables-grains-seeds-fruits

Bugs are much higher in protein, and the potential for greens is almost unlimited. Better them than Soylent Green, I'd say. :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby taiwandeutscher on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:40 pm

vadaga wrote:the world cannot support 8.5 billion heavily carnivorous humans with the way meat is produced now. better to have a bit of meat, more fish and lots and lots of vegetables-grains-seeds-fruits

Fish?
Often highly polluted, and surely depleted, soon enough!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Steve James wrote:

Bugs are much higher in protein, and the potential for greens is almost unlimited. Better them than Soylent Green, I'd say. :)

A thought that comes to my mind every now and then since a eat quite a lot of Shellfish, are Shellfish considered to be bugs? When that thought strikes me i feel a little uneasy for a second then i continue to eat, it's delicious :)
Trick

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Seaweed is a green i regularly eat full of B vitamins and important B12 , it's also good mineral source, yummy :)
Trick

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:07 pm

taiwandeutscher wrote:

Fish?
Often highly polluted, and surely depleted, soon enough!

I'm sure there are plenty of delicious fish and seafood to be found around in Taiwan, I must go there someday :)
Trick

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:17 pm

:) Turn a lobster upside down, and it looks like a roach with no shell. In some cultures, "langosta" is another word to roach; in others, it's lobster.

Anyway, it'd be possible to feed humanity with insects. In much of the world, they're already important sources of protein. But, it's unlikely that westerners will get in the habit --not that it's necessary. It's just that many people will starve before they'll eat an earthworm or ant. Hey, people don't even eat brain anymore.

Ironically, what Americans don't eat is often considered a delicacy elsewhere. No French restaurant worth its sal won't have pig's feet. :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:00 pm

I want to try bugs.

I agree. It isn't for me personally but I do think it is interesting to figure out how important or unimportant meat is or isn't in a diet. I wish I could do the vegan thing but when I do after a few days all I want is some meat probably because I do physical work. Saying that 24 hours of veganism makes me feel great too.

I will say that the almost 24 hour fast was nice. Somehow it makes me want to eat only the good and healthy stuff even more than before the fast. A little like eating after being very sick for a long time. I plan on doing more of it in the future. If nothing else I think I am more willing to eat smaller portions and be satisfied.

I hope to crack the code when it comes to food for myself.

Been watching everything I can find lately. This one is a gem. By the BBC of course which covers a lot of ground and not only fasting.

Watch "Eat, Fast & Live Longer BBC Documentary" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Ihhj_VSKiTs
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:21 pm

I made up a rule for myself food wise, no Head(brain,facial muscles,tongue,eyes), no Stomach(intestines), no Feet/Cloves/Hoves/claws...My wife(who is Chinese) says I most certainly eat those parts anyway since I like sausages, she's probably right but I keep my rule anyway :)
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic