scientists discover new organ, fluid-filled

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: scientists discover new organ, fluid-filled

Postby Bhassler on Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:07 pm

middleway wrote:Uhhhhh Ohhhhh ... here come the Connective Tissue Haters...

You interstitiums get off my lawn!!
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:56 pm

Peacedog wrote:I personally found this as a verification of the San Jiao / Triple Burner more than anything else.

It 1st pops up in my mind too, when I heard the news,
and
something like "skin of the meridians network"
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:16 am

front wrote:Exactly the fact that water doesn't compress very well is what makes it bad shock absorber. Collagen is very hard too. So under stress the water will explode the connective tissues around it. Pretty much like the other soft organs.
Skin doesn't handle shock well. But if the force is not coming very fast it may spread it more efficiently.
May be it dissipates forces before they reach organs/bones. It may add something to the Iron Shirt skill.

Actually water is used and was as part of a system for impacts ie absorbing shocks.

"Impact attenuators can be categorized by the method used to dissipate kinetic energy:

Momentum transfer. Many early models used successive rows of sand- or water-filled barrels or modules. Momentum is transferred to the sand or water, reducing the speed of the impacting vehicle." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_attenuator

Water may not compress very well but may be part of the way that different iron shirt, body ect..work. By strengthening and reinforcing membranes, connective tissues ect. For skills like iron shirt, body ect it would interesting to see what is being changed in the body, how the body adapts.

Where I practice there is a teacher teaching baji, who slams his body against a cement wall as part of his daily training in the mornings.
:P the sound it makes quite impressive.

No longer do body hardening training as I did many yrs back, what i've found is its better to be able to react to forces applied as they are applied. The training is different. Doesn't mean one does not feel it, if ones timing or sensitivity is not up to it :-\

Do agree with "Ken" in that this does not seem to be an "organ" more like part of a function that's already built in, maybe they didn't notice before.
Whether its tied to other functions noted by a another culture, called by a different name "san jiao" ect would be interesting to read about from those who's practice or study encompass it.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:25 am

This provides an glimpse into why so much of what martial artists think they know (and therefore what drives their theories) about anatomy is complete nonsense.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/09/two ... they-seem/

Don't get your science from "news" articles.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:14 pm

"all science is either physics or stamp collecting."
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic