Tai Chi Instructor in Oakland/ Berkeley, CA

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Tai Chi Instructor in Oakland/ Berkeley, CA

Postby cerebus on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:56 am

Hello! I have a friend in the Oakland area (Emeryville) of Cali who is looking for a good Tai Chi Instructor. Nothing martially based, she is looking more for the health and self development benefits. It's been a long time since I was in Oakland, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Re: Tai Chi Instructor in Oakland/ Berkeley, CA

Postby cerebus on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:57 am

Oops. I guess I put this in the wrong area. Mods please feel free to move it. Thanks!
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:02 am

cerebus wrote:Hello! I have a friend in the Oakland area (Emeryville) of Cali who is looking for a good Tai Chi Instructor. Nothing martially based, she is looking more for the health and self development benefits. It's been a long time since I was in Oakland, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Lenzie Williams, a senior student of Laoshi Lo Pang Jeng (Mr. Ben Lo) since 1975.
http://www.taichiberkeley.com/

Met Lenzie, a while back very nice guy with a wide back ground. Don't know if this would be to far for
your friend.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby AIY on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 pm

The people mentioned so far are good choices, IMO. Others are Jess O'Brien who teaches Chi Kung in Berkeley on Monday nights. Bob Lee (I Chuan and Tai Chi) who teaches mornings in front of the Veteran's Memorial Building in Albany. He doesn't advertise so you only hear of him by word of mouth. Fong Ha has morning classes in Berkeley near Solano and Colusa. Jonathan Russell teaches TT Liang's form on Sunday mornings near the North Berkeley BART station parking lot.
AIY
Santi

Postby cerebus on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:57 am

Excellent! Thanks! :)
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby AIY on Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:42 pm

There's also Harmony Tai Chi in the Rockridge area. They're affiliated with Sam Tam.
AIY
Santi

Postby Wuming on Tue May 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Highly recommend Steve Chan in Oakland:
https://www.meetup.com/XYD-Meetup/events/rxlnbpyxhbjb/

This is a group that emphasizes using training methods from Chen style Taijiquan and Xinyi Dao to improve health, strength, agility and vitality. Training will revolve around solo and partner methods that develop, test and apply internal strength which are the foundation for Taijiquan, Xingyiquan, Baguazhang and Aikido. As a foundation of internal strength is developed, basic line drills, partner training and short forms will be introduced from Xinyi, Bagua and Chen Taijiquan to deepen student's understanding of how to exercise internal strength to promote strength, agility and vitality.

Steve is an excellent, rigorous, and knowledgeable instructor.
Wuming
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Tue May 01, 2018 3:19 pm

Good to see you Troy!

I closed my facebook account awhile ago and it was one of the best decision I ever made.

Been away from the scene for awhile but from what I can tell and from what I hear it is basically the same players and same students as when you left.

Some things don't change much.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue May 01, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan