US Consulate in Guangzhou Issues Warning Similar to Cuba's

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: US Consulate in Guangzhou Issues Warning Similar to Cuba's

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:33 am

The funny thing is that China is sofa king noisy that these "sonic weapons" might just be the upstairs neighbor jack-hammering, which happens all the time. That's a friggin' sonic attack! Mine completely removed his floor a couple of months ago DIY, although usually they're just tearing down walls Chinese-water-torture style as part of the ritual for new owners, who don't want to live in the left-over spaces of previous tenants/owners. This is necessary because Chinese building materials are so cheap and toxic, if you don't completely tear the previous ones out, you might be moving into a carcinogenic condo.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:03 am

I would like them to explain the mechanism. How could they know that there would only be Americans in these places? I mean, there might always be Americans there, but only Americans?

I'm not suggesting that sonic attacks aren't possible. I'm saying that human ears are all pretty much the same, and if they're not, I'd like to hear how weapons can be directed at different human ears.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:48 am

Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:48 am

Same question. If they could isolate and affect Americans there, they could do it here.

I ain't gonna call it a conspiracy theory because then some will say it must be true.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:17 am

WHAT IS THE LRAD SOUND CANNON?
Roberto Baldwin
8/14/14 11:40am

Protests in Ferguson, Missouri have reached a terrifying fever pitch, and the ludicrously armed Ferguson Police Department is bringing all its crowd-control weapons to bear, tear gas, stun grenades, rubber bullets, you name it. One of the more controversial of those is the LRAD Sound Cannon. So what's the harm in a little noise? Well, a lot, actually.
The LRAD Sound Cannon is an acoustic weapon and communication device…
Developed by the LRAD corporation to broadcast messages and pain-inducing "deterrent" tones over long distances, LRAD devices come in various iterations that produce varying degrees of sound. They can be mounted to a vehicle or handheld. The device produces a sound that can be directed in a beam up to 30-degree wide, and the military-grade LRAD 2000X can transmit voice commands at up to 162dB up to 5.5 miles away...that blasts "non-lethal" sound waves...
The LRAD corporation says that anyone within a 100 meters of the device's sound path will experience extreme pain. The version generally utilized by police department (the LRAD 500X) is designed to communicate at up to 2000 meters during ideal conditions. In a typical outdoor environment, the device can be heard for 650 meters. The 500x is also capable of short bursts of directed sound that cause severe headaches in anyone within a 300-meter range. Anyone within 15 meters of the device's audio path can experience permanent hearing loss. LRAD claims the device is not a weapon, but a "directed-sound communication device."
...and keep birds from hitting planes...
LRAD systems are deployed at airports to sonically deter birds from residing in the paths of aircrafts. The bio-acoustic deterrent helps minimize bird strikes like the one that caused the ditching of Flight 1549 in the Hudson river. In this context, the LRAD broadcasts tones and predator calls that frighten birds away.
...but has also been used against activists...
The LRAD device has been used on several occasions against activists in the US. The first documented use was in Pittsburgh during the G20 summit in 2009. The Pittsburgh police used it again following the Superbowl in 2011. The LRAD has reportedly been used against Occupy protestors in Oakland and recently against Occupy Wall Street protestors in Zuccotti Park.
...and has potentially long-term side effects.
Use of the device has come under fire because of the potential for permanent hearing loss. Human discomfort starts when a sound hits 120dB, well below the LRAD's threshold. Permanent hearing loss begins at 130dB, and if the device is turned up to 140dB, anyone within its path would not only suffer hearing loss, they could potentially lose their balance and be unable to move out of the path of the audio. The device is also entirely operator dependent, which could lead to serious ramifications if the officer in charge doesn't have sufficient training.
Advertisement
If you've encountered the LRAD Sound Cannon, please drop your experience in the comments below.
Image via jbouie
This post originally appeared on Gizmodo in 2011 and has been updated to reflect the LRAD's use in Ferguson Missouri.
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Steve James wrote:What I want to know is how these sonic attacks affect Americans, but not Cubans or Chinese.

Yes that was also my question in previous post, locals do work at foreign counties embassies/consulates, but maybe not at US embassies?
Trick

Postby Trick on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:57 pm

Michael wrote:
Steve James wrote:What I want to know is how these sonic attacks affect Americans, but not Cubans or Chinese.

I don't really know, but according to the reports from the victims in Havana, the sonic attacks have a focal point where there is uncomfortable or painful sensory perception in a very specific part of the room, like where your head lies on your pillow, but if you get up out if bed, or walk a couple of steps across the room, there is no sensory perception, and presumably, no effects of the "sonic attacks."

Move the bed to the other side of the room 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Michael wrote:The funny thing is that China is sofa king noisy that these "sonic weapons" might just be the upstairs neighbor jack-hammering, which happens all the time. That's a friggin' sonic attack! Mine completely removed his floor a couple of months ago DIY, although usually they're just tearing down walls Chinese-water-torture style as part of the ritual for new owners, who don't want to live in the left-over spaces of previous tenants/owners. This is necessary because Chinese building materials are so cheap and toxic, if you don't completely tear the previous ones out, you might be moving into a carcinogenic condo.

The first building I lived in in Dalian neighbours seemingly on a daily basis "renovated" their flats, quite worrisome seeing how much wall material they had teared down, wonder if the had any concern about supporting walls.
Trick

Postby Michael on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:42 am

Guangzhou consulate just sent out another Wechat moments warning, this one about 5 cell phone pages long. I'm not sure if we need to call in Sherlock Holmes or Dr. Strange.
Michael

Postby Trick on Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:45 am

Probably US citizens have being abducted by space aliens and microchipped, then while outside US borders the chip goes wild.......yes, there you have it
Trick

Postby Michael on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:24 pm

That's pretty much how these kinds of stories sound, but there is a fairly large number of people calling themselves "targeted individuals" who, for a couple of decades or more, think they have befallen the same mysterious symptoms from unknown technology that the US govt says have injured their embassy staff, and the T.I.'s claims are being inadvertently validated by these US State Dept. reports that implicate Cuba, Russia and China.

Probably US citizens have being abducted by space aliens and microchipped, then while outside US borders the chip goes wild.......yes, there you have it

It's like if the US govt said one of their satellites was shot down by Martians, then all of the Roswell and Area 51 people would feel they had been validated. Something like that.

Or if someone from the Kremlin were assassinated under bizarre circumstances that required belief in magic bullets and blamed the US, but the US govt said magic bullet theories were nonsense, then JFK conspiracy followers would feel validated.

See what I mean?
Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:45 pm

US private citizen cites mystery illness symptoms after visiting China

A U.S. private citizen who visited China has reported symptoms like those of U.S. diplomats afflicted with a mysterious illness in Havana and Guangzhou.
The U.S. private citizen, is the first non-official American known to have experienced the symptoms following a trip to China.
Nineteen private U.S. citizens have reported similar symptoms after traveling to Cuba.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/06/us-citizen-cites-mystery-illness-symptoms-after-visiting-china.html
Michael

Postby jimmy on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:26 pm

المسيح الدجّال‎ wrote:give up on your fear, little brother.
don’t you know that every little thing’s going to be alright?
what is oppression?
nothing.
what is death?
nothing.
just like you and me.

jimmy
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic