Bug Reports

Official postings from the admins and moderators. Report bugs and make forum improvement requests here as well.

Re: Bug Reports

Postby nianfong on Mon May 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Ashe,
Here's a consolidated list of stuff from the guys. Let's just edit this with a [done] in front of each number after we finish them.
1) the icons on the messages, upper right, are misaligned with the red ones underneath.
[done] 2) change blue borders around all the boxes to black or dark brown, artifact from prosilver. these are in the forum tables, the search, box, posting message box, etc. Actually a dark green might look nice.
[done] 3) change dark blue text to black or dark grey, artifact from prosilver.
4) blue stuff:
[done] a) parts of 'new user registration' pages
[done] b) parts of the "posting reply" page (posting.php?mode=reply) -- "POST A REPLY" text, Subject (when clicked/focused, text turns blue and blue border appears); "Topic review:" text below. Also blue frame around the main text box (the body), when the focus is on it.
[done] c) frame around search box and search button at the top right (looks kind'a nice on gray, actually), and the highlighed "advanced search" text
[done] d) underline and on-hover highlighting of embedded links
[done] e) most of the search page (search.php)
[done] f) subject line, when previewing a post is bold blue
[done] g) on-hover row background highlight on the 'members' pages (memberlist.php)
[done] h) some of the titles on the FAQ page (faq.php)
[done] i) some of the titles at memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=55
[done] j) page numbers on multiple-page posts, e.g. search.php?author_id=55&sr=posts
[done] k) Control panel looks very sad :) -- ucp.php
l) on-hover Tabs colors on that page are too dramatically different (between white and almost-brown) Maybe change the inactive color to a lighter one, and a highlight color to something not THAT different...
[done] m) title on all confirmation pages, e.g. ucp.php?mode=delete_cookies
[done] n) lines between forums in the main page are dark blue still
5) inactive flash button (?) Is this wanted? I took it out initially because it was mentioned that it was a good thing it wasn't working.
6) auto avatar shrinking/cropping Looking into some mods which I'll test on FL
7) rename save button to "save draft" if possible
8) add side-scrolling feature for text. this way we can have cthulhu fly around on a post >:@
Last edited by nianfong on Wed May 07, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 14 times in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Dmitri on Tue May 06, 2008 6:40 am

Ashe,
A quick thing about pink colors... I looked at the CSS files referenced in the resulting HTML (styles/prosilver/theme/print.css, styles/prosilver/theme/normal.css, etc.), but didn't see any color schemes so I'm guessing skinning in this software is done through means other than explicit CSS files (?)

Whatever the case, I thought maybe if you could just do a global search in all the files (php, etc.) for "D31141" and "BC2A4D", which are the two pink highlighting hues that I found spread all over the place, that should probably take care of at least 90% of the text-related pink stuff (not the button images of course)

E.g. even though the external links are fixed (are red), the internal ones (that refer to pages within this site) are apparently using a different style and are still pink... So I figured instead of chasing individual pages, we could attack everything at once.

Anyway, just an idea.

Thanks again for all the work. 8)
(Heavens knows I've volunteered enough times to help... :P :))
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue May 06, 2008 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue May 06, 2008 7:50 am

nianfong wrote:thanks for the observation, teorist. I was wondering what the "default group" setting was for in the ACP. I've put you back to having "registered member" as your default group. Can you see if it reacts differently now?

I think keeping the Great Old Ones status as requestable is good, esp on the changeover--since a lot of old guard types will want to request it.
I've made the founder group closed, but I might just hide it altogether.

I don't see the Founders anymore which is good. As for the rest, the two other groups react the same way: I cannot click the Regular group (I can't say if the button is disabled or not, from the looks of it, but I guess it is disabled). I can however click on Great Old Ones and apply but it tells me that I am already a member.

From what I understand, we should be able to choose to be part of a group or to resign from a group: it would make sense from a resignation point of view to have the Regulars clickable unless it is the most basic group.

I will try removing myself from Great Old Ones and playing with the groups a bit.

PS:

In my drop down box with the options that I can take for a selected group, I have the "demoted" option, which seems to be a feature that should be available to group leaders only. Of course, not being a group leader, it does not allow me to use it, but IMO it should be removed from a regular user's interface.
Last edited by Darthwing Teorist on Tue May 06, 2008 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Tue May 06, 2008 7:51 am

Oh, yeah. I will add a few friends and foes, so people, please don't take it personally! ;)
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Number of new messages

Postby Dmitri on Tue May 06, 2008 7:57 am

Looks like the number of new messages (PMs) at the top is not reported correctly.
See attached.

(Hmm, can't reproduce that condition anymore... :-/)
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue May 06, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed May 07, 2008 11:40 pm

great work so far ashe (and wife)! :)

reordering remaining items in list by priority

1) the icons on the messages, upper right, are misaligned with the red ones underneath.
[done] 2) rename save button to "save draft" if possible ashe's wife took care of it :) she rocks
3) on-hover Tabs colors on that page are too dramatically different (between white and almost-brown) Maybe change the inactive color to a lighter one, and a highlight color to something not THAT different... changed to green, highlight color not changed yet
4) add side-scrolling feature for text. this way we can have cthulhu fly around on a post >:@
5) auto avatar shrinking/cropping Looking into some mods which I'll test on FL
[done] 6) inactive flash button (?) Removed the option.

FYI, I've been trying to install a quick reply feature, but it's not working. ashe is going to look into installing one on his site first, and then I'll bring it into this one.
also, I spoke with devere, and he says it'd be fine for us to add some green--he did not object when I told him we'll stick with autumn colors.

So I suggest we change the "Online" ribbon to a darker green. Perhaps the tab colors for 3) can also be a green of some sort, one that the text color will actually show up on.

-Fong
Last edited by nianfong on Sat May 10, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Dmitri on Thu May 08, 2008 4:53 am

Awesome work, guys. 8-)

Can't wait for this to start running as the main forum...
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu May 08, 2008 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu May 08, 2008 11:22 am

Re. links highlighted in red... While it is infinitely better than pink :), it seems way too "bright"...
I just captured the color used for highlighting at the existing site, and it's #CC3333, which is a much nicer/softer hue than "plain red".

Would it be too hard to update that?

Your call of course.
(I hate to be a pain here, but I'm just trying to help make it look better...)
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu May 08, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Thu May 08, 2008 11:39 am

nianfong wrote:3) on-hover Tabs colors on that page are too dramatically different (between white and almost-brown) Maybe change the inactive color to a lighter one, and a highlight color to something not THAT different... Having a hard time finding the right code to make the change.

i don't think we can do anything about this, since the tab colors and the brown border for the board index are linked. unless we want to switch the nav bar to brown and make the border a darker green. i'll test it out.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Thu May 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Dmitri wrote:Re. links highlighted in red... While it is infinitely better than pink :), it seems way too "bright"...
I just captured the color used for highlighting at the existing site, and it's #CC3333, which is a much nicer/softer hue than "plain red".

Would it be too hard to update that?

Easy fix ;D
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Thu May 08, 2008 4:10 pm

ashe wrote:
nianfong wrote:3) on-hover Tabs colors on that page are too dramatically different (between white and almost-brown) Maybe change the inactive color to a lighter one, and a highlight color to something not THAT different... Having a hard time finding the right code to make the change.

i don't think we can do anything about this, since the tab colors and the brown border for the board index are linked. unless we want to switch the nav bar to brown and make the border a darker green. i'll test it out.

Just discovered they're not linked, they're images. -shrug-

Is this green too dark?
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Thu May 08, 2008 5:00 pm

actually that looks fine. I'll upload it.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Dmitri on Fri May 09, 2008 5:08 am

Looks great! Just please make sure that the on-hover color isn't white, too... I would probably make it the same as the on-hover/highlight color for the Control Panel's list of options on the left, below the tab (the slightly-darker light-green :-/ :))

Now the only thing left are the buttons IMHO. The rest looks really good!! 8-)

(Although, being the anal-retentive bastard that I am, I would still make some little tweaks, like take out the on-hover underline style for links, take out the on-hover row highlighting, etc. -- but those are just my personal things and are not a "bad thing" generally, for the UI. I'm sure many others will like/prefer it just the way it is; tastes differ... So the pink buttons (and the mis-aligned 'delete' one) are my only remaining "complaints" (for lack of a better word.) Thanks for tolerating me as a pesky tester for so long. :P)
Last edited by Dmitri on Fri May 09, 2008 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Fri May 09, 2008 6:20 pm

Dmitri wrote:Looks great! Just please make sure that the on-hover color isn't white, too... I would probably make it the same as the on-hover/highlight color for the Control Panel's list of options on the left, below the tab (the slightly-darker light-green :-/ :))

I fixed that a little while ago. The images just need to be uploaded, but the ucp should finally be good to go.

(Although, being the anal-retentive bastard that I am, I would still make some little tweaks, like take out the on-hover underline style for links, take out the on-hover row highlighting, etc. -- but those are just my personal things and are not a "bad thing" generally, for the UI. I'm sure many others will like/prefer it just the way it is; tastes differ... So the pink buttons (and the mis-aligned 'delete' one) are my only remaining "complaints" (for lack of a better word.) Thanks for tolerating me as a pesky tester for so long. :P)

On-hover row highlighting is gone. Mis-aligned buttons are fixed on FL and will be sent along for uploading when the other buttons/icons are pink no longer. ;)
Last edited by ashe on Fri May 09, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Sat May 10, 2008 8:12 am

reordering remaining items in list by priority

1) the icons on the messages, upper right, are misaligned with the red ones underneath. [done]
2) rename save button to "save draft" if possible (Fong's on it) ? [done]

3) on-hover Tabs colors on that page are too dramatically different (between white and almost-brown) [done ]
4) add side-scrolling feature for text. this way we can have cthulhu fly around on a post >:@ ?
5) auto avatar shrinking/cropping. [no option available for 3.0.1 yet]
6) quick reply [done ]
Last edited by nianfong on Mon May 12, 2008 1:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Official News and Communication