Talking Fists Podcast - Jon Nicklin (Song style xyq)

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Talking Fists Podcast - Jon Nicklin (Song style xyq)

Postby nicklinjm on Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:29 am

In a shameless act of self-promotion, I was recently interviewed by RSF forum member Ryan Patrick St George for his Talking Fists podcast:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/501379/9816954-talking-fists-episode-13-jon-nicklin-song-style-xingyiquan-yang-taiji-dai-xinyi-xinyiliuhequan

We covered not just my Song style xyq training but the relationship between Xinyi Liuhe, Dai style and xingyi, also the Lei Lei and Xu Xiaodong debacle and what happened to Yang style taiji - hopefully should be of interest to forum members here!
nicklinjm
Wuji

Re: Talking Fists Podcast - Jon Nicklin (Song style xyq)

Postby MaartenSFS on Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:59 pm

I too shall have a listen. ;)
MaartenSFS
Wuji

Postby Fatal Rose on Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:22 am

Hope all enjoy
Talking Fists Podcast
Fatal Rose
Santi

Postby pendulum on Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:08 am

nicklinjm wrote:In a shameless act of self-promotion, I was recently interviewed by RSF forum member Ryan Patrick St George for his Talking Fists podcast:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/501379/9816954-talking-fists-episode-13-jon-nicklin-song-style-xingyiquan-yang-taiji-dai-xinyi-xinyiliuhequan

We covered not just my Song style xyq training but the relationship between Xinyi Liuhe, Dai style and xingyi, also the Lei Lei and Xu Xiaodong debacle and what happened to Yang style taiji - hopefully should be of interest to forum members here!

Interesting interview. 2 questions: you mentioned a “Xiong Yang He” Taiji groups in Taiwan. Do you have any information on any of them? Or at least the Chinese characters for the group?

What branch of Song Style xyq do you train?

Thanks!
pendulum
Santi

Postby nicklinjm on Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:46 pm

The characters for Xiong Yanghe are 熊養和, you can see video of his form here:

Not sure who in Taiwan currently would be considered a good representative of the Xiong group, think a few people on this board have actually studied the system, will leave it to them to give specific recommendations.

My teacher studied primarily studied with Song Guanghua (current head of Song style) but also received pointers from Yang Baohe (Wu Lixiao branch).
nicklinjm
Wuji

Postby taiwandeutscher on Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:38 am

pendulum wrote:
Interesting interview. 2 questions: you mentioned a “Xiong Yang He” Taiji groups in Taiwan. Do you have any information on any of them? Or at least the Chinese characters for the group?

What branch of Song Style xyq do you train?

Thanks!

There are several Xiong Yanghe groups in Taiwan, Taibei, Yilan, Jilong, Xinchu, Taizhong, Gaoxiong.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan