Real application of neijia against sport that you saw

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Real application of neijia against sport that you saw

Postby AL2016 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:47 am

Hi have an anecdote of Real application of neijia against Real attack that you Saw or AT least sûre it happened?

Thanks
AL2016
Anjing

Re: Real application of neijia against sport that you saw

Postby wiesiek on Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:29 pm

real can not been seen
in reverse
anecdotes are like zeppelins, flying over the ocean...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby AL2016 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:19 pm

an anecdote during the first training course in Paris of the master of yichuan CUIRUIBIN in 1999. my school brothers and my teacher master mingshan saw this scene but i was not present. There was a regional level Thai boxing practitioner who had some local fighting experience in Thailand, his name was Francis. he was not a champion but a good boxer and a stocky physique around 80kg. for him yichuan was a curiosity. he asked me CUI to test yichuan on low kick. He charged Master Cui with a powerful low kick with his right leg. Friends told me we heard BAM and we then believed by by the Chinese master. Master Cui took in with his left front leg while taking a step back which lessened the shock and bouncing on his back leg he returned to the guard with his palm of the left front arm on the nose of the boxer who was bleeding from the nose. it stopped there.

A vidéo about his center
https://fb.watch/aFCkpY4u5D/
Last edited by AL2016 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AL2016
Anjing

Postby jaime_g on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:33 pm

AL2016 wrote:an anecdote during the first training course in Paris of the master of yichuan CUIRUIBIN in 1999. my school brothers and my teacher master mingshan saw this scene but i was not present. There was a regional level Thai boxing practitioner who had some local fighting experience in Thailand, his name was Francis. he was not a champion but a good boxer and a stocky physique around 80kg. for him yichuan was a curiosity. he asked me CUI to test yichuan on low kick. He charged Master Cui with a powerful low kick with his right leg. Friends told me we heard BAM and we then believed by by the Chinese master. Master Cui took in with his left front leg while taking a step back which lessened the shock and bouncing on his back leg he returned to the guard with his palm of the left front arm on the nose of the boxer who was bleeding from the nose. it stopped there.

A vidéo about his center

Being honest, that sounds horrible. If someone asks for testing a low kick, just checking the low kick is enough. I dont see the point on a palm strike that provokes bleeding. That ends any curiosity testing and it's calling for a fight.
Last edited by jaime_g on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaime_g
Wuji

Postby AL2016 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:19 am

The question was what would yichuan make against an elephant low kick
And master CUI answered...

It was a very powerful low kick and impolite like cuting the session that was quiet..

Yichuan IS not in the control AT all
It s explosive

But i think master CUI could receive it because his body IS also like a lumberjack
It s not his qi or mystical things that helped him
(His step back was very good to weaken the impact )

Yes palm on the nose with all the power of zheng ti (whole body ) and projected by the back mec that went back and bounced
Last edited by AL2016 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
AL2016
Anjing

Postby Bao on Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:35 am

Against Sport? Why is everybody so interested about neijia as or vs sport? What does neijia has to do with sport?

???
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:18 am

I, personally, have no interest in sport, but my taijiquan skills, scant though they may be, have served me well in self defense situations, and that's really all I ask of it.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:41 pm

This is a variation of the cat v snake Q

Can _____ beat prime Fedor? Usually the answer is no.

Some guys beat old Fedor. But most could not beat prime Fedor.

Does it have relevance on your improvements?

Unless you can study with (favorite dead guy), Fedor, or Tyson, probably not (show us your Olympic gold medals if you oddly have this choice in life, and post your TED talk here).

As a mere mortal, you can probably learn from cat or snake.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby AL2016 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:03 pm

OK thanks.
AL2016
Anjing

Postby C.J.W. on Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:20 am

jaime_g wrote:
AL2016 wrote:an anecdote during the first training course in Paris of the master of yichuan CUIRUIBIN in 1999. my school brothers and my teacher master mingshan saw this scene but i was not present. There was a regional level Thai boxing practitioner who had some local fighting experience in Thailand, his name was Francis. he was not a champion but a good boxer and a stocky physique around 80kg. for him yichuan was a curiosity. he asked me CUI to test yichuan on low kick. He charged Master Cui with a powerful low kick with his right leg. Friends told me we heard BAM and we then believed by by the Chinese master. Master Cui took in with his left front leg while taking a step back which lessened the shock and bouncing on his back leg he returned to the guard with his palm of the left front arm on the nose of the boxer who was bleeding from the nose. it stopped there.

A vidéo about his center

Being honest, that sounds horrible. If someone asks for testing a low kick, just checking the low kick is enough. I dont see the point on a palm strike that provokes bleeding. That ends any curiosity testing and it's calling for a fight.

I am guessing the scuffle was most likely caused by a cultural difference -- or maybe due to a bad interpreter who failed to properly translate for Cui.

From the point of view of an old-school Chinese martial artist, when a stranger openly asks to test your skill in front of your students, it automatically becomes a challenge match that must be taken seriously. If Cui had failed to defend the kick or let the boxer walk away unimpressed, he'd risk losing his reputation, face, and students. And the fact that he was in a foreign country teaching seminars just raised the stakes even more.

So Cui did what most old-school teachers I know would also have done -- making an example of the boxer so that no one else would dare to challenge him again.
Last edited by C.J.W. on Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby phil b on Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:27 pm

A vidéo about his center

The trouble with stories like this is that they always involve second or third hand tales. They nearly always involve a Thai boxer. These stories always involve exploits that students of the master cannot replicate and cannot use in a free exchange. Sadly, kung fu has a long history of being roundly whipped by Thai boxers. In this case, the Thai boxer came out the better man, as the yichuan guy lacked self control.

As an aside, taking a kick you know is coming is hardly a demonstration of skill.

In Taiwan, most of the modern generation think of kung fu like fairy stories. If they want to learn how to fight or protect themselves, they don't learn kung fu. When the Ip Man movies came out, there was a big interest in Wing Chun. I know kids who tried it, but quit after trying their skills against friends that kickbox etc. Having the fantasy beaten out of them was a bitter pill to swallow.

Fantasy and rice bowls will be the death of kung fu
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby Doc Stier on Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:28 pm

When kungfu practitioners don't fare well against Muay Thai guys or any other styles it is usually because they aren't training primarily for fighting skills, but rather for performance skills as tournament form competitors and/or for public demonstrations to attract new students to their schools, i.e. securing their rice bowl income. This wasn't usually the case in previous older generations of the Chinese arts, and it definitely hasn't been my personal experience, but ymmv. :-\
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan