Alex Kozma's site down...

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Alex Kozma's site down...

Postby williamwilson666 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 pm

Another Alex Kozma site appears to have bitten the proverbial dust. This appears to happen invariably around 6 months or so after launch. Does anyone know why this might be? It just seems that he loses interest, which is a shame with someone with potentially so much to give to the CIMA community- not that, of course, he is in anyway obliged to do so- but it just appears to be titillation!

That said, maybe he became tired of being asked to teach when he no longer does so openly. I for one, given the chance would love to train with him. First rate internal instructors in the UK are few and far between.
williamwilson666
Anjing

Re: Alex Kozma's site down...

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:39 pm

He was poisoned a couple of years ago and has spent most of his time recovering I believe.

I think the business end of what he does is less important to him than the knowledge he acquires, so it's probably a little presumptuous to second guess what he's up to like he's some kind of kungfu peddler.

S- just sayin.
Last edited by shawnsegler on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby williamwilson666 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:48 pm

shawnsegler wrote:He was poisoned a couple of years ago and has spent most of his time recovering I believe.

I think the business end of what he does is less important to him than the knowledge he acquires, so it's probably a little presumptuous to second guess what he's up to like he's some kind of kungfu peddler.

S- just sayin.

Second guessing demands a certain amount of presumption, does it not?

Though I don't know where I had implied he were some sort of "Kung Fu peddler". I just asked if anyone knew why the site were down as several have come down in the past (at least two have been put online and subsequently removed since the said illness).
williamwilson666
Anjing

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:04 pm

It just seems that he loses interest, which is a shame with someone with potentially so much to give to the CIMA community- not that, of course, he is in anyway obliged to do so- but it just appears to be titillation!

I guess...seems to me like you did..and a little disrespctfully. But that's neither here nor there. If I was the one doing some assuming then I'm sorry.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:14 pm

hi William,

I used to put together the sites for Alex up until a couple of years ago. I cant be sure why his new site is down ..... but I know he is away from, and not wanting to return too, the 'marketing side' of martial arts as he calls it. Maybe this is an extension on that. He doesn't teach now but as far as i know continues to write and train. I believe his writing, his practice, his family (martial and blood) and his friends are what really matter to him ... a website aint so much of an importance.

or ... it could be the domain expired! :P .... that happened a few times too! :D

Im sure Alex would appreciate the kind words.

cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby williamwilson666 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:46 pm

shawnsegler wrote:
It just seems that he loses interest, which is a shame with someone with potentially so much to give to the CIMA community- not that, of course, he is in anyway obliged to do so- but it just appears to be titillation!

I guess...seems to me like you did..and a little disrespctfully. But that's neither here nor there. If I was the one doing some assuming then I'm sorry.

S

The titillation comment was just supposed to be light hearted. I wasn't seriously suggesting a man of Alex's stature was playing some "now you see me, now you don't" advertising game! I am well aware Alex hasn't had any interest in "open" teaching for some time, I just enjoyed reading some of the information that he had posted on the site about the arts he has studied.

Glad Alex is well, Chris, and still enjoying his practise.
Last edited by williamwilson666 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
williamwilson666
Anjing

Postby dragontigerpalm on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:22 pm

He certainly seemed to be in fine spirits when I had several communications with him back in august while purchasing his Ziranmen book. We corresponded several times since Serge had come over to study with my sifu shortly after I received the book.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby middleway on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:31 am

was that Sam Chin.

You know i might be hosting a seminar With Master Chin and Serge early next year .... will keep everyone posted when i get more details!

Serge and Sam teaching in the same room!!! WOOOOHHOOOOOO :D
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby dragontigerpalm on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:53 am

Yes - Sam Chin. Serge, like my sifu, is very knowledgeable and friendly with a good sense of humor. A seminar with both would be very cool.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby Daniel on Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:50 pm

Hey guys. I´m a sometime student of Alex´s, and when mailing him a couple of weeks ago he mentioned that he will from now on be using this adress:

http://www.lineofintent.com/

It´s not up and running yet, but it seems like this is where his stuff will be. Most likely. Well, probably.

Good to hear that you helped him with site design. His skills are rare, and his training very very deep, and what matters more and more to me over the years is that while having those he is also a very nice guy. Rare combination, there.

I did an interview with him last I was over in England (I live in Sweden), and given time, some verve, moxie, coffee, and more spare hours of the day, I will actually sit down and write it too. I can tip you guys off when it´s published somewhere.

D.

Sarcasm. Oh yeah, like that´ll work.
Daniel
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:35 am

Hey all..

Alex is in Wales at the moment.. he is living, training and enjoying life... hopefully will visit him in December and post up how he is doing...

TIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAE :)
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby canard on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:27 am

williamwilson666 wrote:Another Alex Kozma site appears to have bitten the proverbial dust. This appears to happen invariably around 6 months or so after launch. Does anyone know why this might be? It just seems that he loses interest, which is a shame with someone with potentially so much to give to the CIMA community- not that, of course, he is in anyway obliged to do so- but it just appears to be titillation!

That said, maybe he became tired of being asked to teach when he no longer does so openly. I for one, given the chance would love to train with him. First rate internal instructors in the UK are few and far between.

no matter how good his skill is, you won't get it from a website. go visit him, I've never seen Alex turn down a sincere student.
not quite exactly in the service of the Crown
canard
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:59 am

[quote="canard"]

no matter how good his skill is, you won't get it from a website. [quote]

i reckon you could design a super website which would give teh real transmission ;D
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby canard on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:53 am

yusuf wrote:
canard wrote:
no matter how good his skill is, you won't get it from a website.

i reckon you could design a super website which would give teh real transmission ;D

only if teh real is a bottle of leffe and a picture of a hot gothic chick hamfisted onto a black background :o ;D
not quite exactly in the service of the Crown
canard
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:39 am

i was thinking the frontpage should be a dude wearing baggy jeans, puffa jacket and beanie.. looking like a character out of south park ... drinking a bottle of chimay in a brown bag...

with a whole hoarde of hottness walking spc in the background ;D
yusuf
Great Old One

Next

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan