Fu Style Bagua, Johnny Lee?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Fu Style Bagua, Johnny Lee?

Postby ParryPerson on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Doc Stier wrote:
ParryPerson wrote:Hi, I live in Shreveport Louisiana where Johnny Lee a GM that opened "Lee's Martial Arts", this place in the 70's before moving to Dallas to start White Leopard. He left sifu Glenn Guerin to take care of this place. The linage seems to be Fu Zhen Song --> Sun Bau Kang (a general in the Chinese republic, escape to Hong Kong during the civil war) --> Johnny Lee Kwong Ming (moved to Dallas, TX)....and then to Glenn Guerin.

I have known Sifu Lee and Sifu Guerin both for more than 20 years times, and can personally vouch for their expertise in the arts which they teach. Anyone living within reasonable driving distance of either teacher would be foolish not to take advantage of a great opportunity to learn authentic Chinese Martial Arts from such legitimate and experienced instructors.

Additionally, both of these men are very cordial and very generous in their teaching. I have the highest respect for both Sifu Lee and Sifu Guerin, and value their long time friendship greatly. -bow-

Doc Stier

Yes, as I said above, probably one of the nicest people I have ever met, and I know people throw that around a lot, but I really mean it. His class was great, his patience is amazing. I've already signed up and am pretty excited about it.
Discuss internal martial arts on IRC! Channel: #internalarts Server: EFnet
Myspace Baguazhang Group! http://groups.myspace.com/pakua
ParryPerson
Anjing

Postby Mulong on Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:09 am

If I can throw in my two cents; like someone else has mention before. I too have know Lee Shifu and Shifu Guerin for 20 years (who I consider good friends); both are genuine individuals.

Lee Shifu is a pioneer Mizongluohanquan, wushitaijiquan, and fushibagua in the United States.
Last edited by Mulong on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mulong
Santi

Postby ParryPerson on Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Just got back from my first real class. I came in early but they had already started, which made me kind of nervous but, the class is small and I got nodded in by Master Glenn. There was much circle walking with true level rise level fall mudstep with many palm changes and applications.

I mean from what I saw from the back of the kwoon.

I was to busy holding a pose (wrong I'm 100% sure) while trying to relax while wobbling like a fool.

He took some one on one with me and threw a lot at me I ran and wrote down afterwards, with as much import as he puts on basics, I have no doubt this is the place for me, he was nice and calm, if it had been me as him I would have gotten pretty frustrated. At this point my ankle can't even bend the way he and the others do for mud step, but I have a week to study and make a fool out of myself all over again and I can't wait! :D
Discuss internal martial arts on IRC! Channel: #internalarts Server: EFnet
Myspace Baguazhang Group! http://groups.myspace.com/pakua
ParryPerson
Anjing

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan