Chain whip

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Chain whip

Postby Peacedog on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:18 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Peacedog on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Re: Chain whip

Postby klonk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:49 pm

I do not know of anyone. So, you ask, why am I bothering to reply? Answer: I doubt you will find anyone, but that does not mean the cause is lost. You can work the matter out for yourself, by looking at all the moves and sayng of each one, no, I should not like to trust to that in a fight or yes, I think that could be made to work under combat pressure.

The way you get an ounce of gold from a stream is easy, you wash off a ton of dirt.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:03 pm

I have a friend who learned how to use the chain whip by himself as a kid in NE China for self defense... he even made his own whip from junk :D
edededed
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:32 pm

chain whip=painful training mistakes! ;D
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:26 pm

True dat!
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby JAB on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:39 pm

I know a bit.
JAB

Postby jpaton on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:39 am

i learned a form a while ago. i'm not sure if i'd define the chain whip as a weapon or not though. for the amount of time it takes you to be more of a danger to someone else then yourself you could probably learn a lot of really practical weapons.

beside they're loud and not quick to get at and use as they can get tangled pretty easy.
jpaton
Mingjing

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan