huang tai chi

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: huang tai chi

Postby Giles on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:13 am

@ Baguaplayer + Bao:
Indeed, it's a common problem. But on the other hand, even in the 'soft' and sometimes maligned Cheng Man Ching style there are plenty of schools and practitioners who do go outside the box and often get good results. Various people out of the William C.C. Chen line (also Cerebus here on the board, 'nuff said :) ) and a lot of people from the 'other' Malaysian CMC lineage, that of Yu She Ting (?), where mixing it up with other people is/was pretty frequent, or so it seems. The English/Malaysian Zhong Ding Association under Nigel Sutton has this CMC variation as its core art and they do lots of martial training, working very hard and exchanging/testing with other styles. Just one example.
But now there's a danger of the thread turning into a standard "taiji people are too insular"-argument. Maybe I pushed it in that direction, so herewith the spotlight back onto... the Huang style....!!!

Cheers,

Giles
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji
 
Posts: 834
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: huang tai chi

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:44 pm

yap sue ting is our linage it is also nigel suttons.
we come down through the chock seng kam line.
nigel comes down through the lou tong bao line.
both were known for their willingness to take a challange.
go to nigels site and read why huang asked yap to come to malaysia.
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji
 
Posts: 3770
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: huang tai chi

Postby Daniel-san on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:53 am

.
Last edited by Daniel-san on Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel-san
Anjing
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 am

Re: huang tai chi

Postby Wanderingdragon on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:42 am

Those of you that show immediate disdain for any demonstration of fa Jin, I understand , some followers can be quite dramatic, I can only say, there will come a time in your training when you do recognize the reality of such ability.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji
 
Posts: 6265
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:33 pm
Location: Chgo Il

Re: huang tai chi

Postby taijichicago on Sat May 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Yes. I am a student of Patrick Kelly who was only caucasian internal student of Huang Sheng Shyan.
I teach in Chicago. www.althealthgroup.com
taijichicago
Santi
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 9:03 am

Re: huang tai chi

Postby windwalker on Sat May 14, 2016 3:39 pm

taijichicago wrote:Yes. I am a student of Patrick Kelly who was only caucasian internal student of Huang Sheng Shyan.
I teach in Chicago. http://www.althealthgroup.com


Read some of teacher kelly's work good stuff.
Your web site dosn't seem to have to much regarding taiji.

Maybe you could share some things that might help those that question things to understand
another perspective.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat May 14, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 8397
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: huang tai chi

Postby willie on Sat May 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Wanderingdragon wrote:Those of you that show immediate disdain for any demonstration of fa Jin, I understand , some followers can be quite dramatic, I can only say, there will come a time in your training when you do recognize the reality of such ability.


you are quite correct. master's who posses high level Dantian powered faJin are extremely dangerous.
Is Maodun
Last edited by willie on Sun May 15, 2016 12:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
willie

 

Re: huang tai chi

Postby charlie_cambridge on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:47 pm

I can vouch for Tim in Chicago. Patrick recommended him to me when I left Shanghai to move to Chicago.

Patrick also publicly links to him here:
https://patrickkellytaiji.com/worldwideschools.html

(you need to scroll down to bottom of the page with links organized alphabetically by country, you'll see link to TIm's as the only one under "USA")

windwalker wrote:
taijichicago wrote:Yes. I am a student of Patrick Kelly who was only caucasian internal student of Huang Sheng Shyan.
I teach in Chicago. http://www.althealthgroup.com


Read some of teacher kelly's work good stuff.
Your web site dosn't seem to have to much regarding taiji.

Maybe you could share some things that might help those that question things to understand
another perspective.
charlie_cambridge
Santi
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests