Serious problem!

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Serious problem!

Postby nianfong on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:54 pm

If you're for real:

1) ask your qi gong teacher for help. do it NOW.
2) find a good monk, priest, whatever that you trust. ASK THEM FOR HELP. NOW. Buddhist and taoist priests tend to be most connected, I've found.

this is not zou huo. zuo huo is when you fuck up your own qi in your body.
this is ru mo, when "evil" enters you. aka demons, spirits, etc.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby Ivan on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:31 pm

I would recommend that you discuss it with your dog.

I do.

A unique book about this is Breathing Spaces, by Nancy Chen

Thanks.

If you have trained with reputable teachers, go to them and ask for what to do next.

Will do that.
Ivan
Santi

Postby WILLIE on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:07 pm

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILLIE

Postby Ivan on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:26 pm

(aslo it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to a medical pro,either) but i would hold off on that fearing that they cant help anyway and think your nuts even though you may not be.

Correct, western doctors have a generic term for this. Psychosis ie. psychological-osis. Not sure what the osis part means though.

Sadness in the lungs, Im practising dragon posture for this.

Im not nuts or emotionally troubled its just one of those things. What did you hear about from Thailand?
Ivan
Santi

Postby Interloper on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:39 pm

Well, voices in the head are a documented symptom of schizophrenia, which is said to be a malfunction of the part of the brain that permits us to distinguish "real" voices (i.e. the outside world) from "imaginary" voices (i.e. ones that our brains create). Apparently, the malfunction is caused by an imbalance in brain chemistry -- which is compatible with what a lot of Chinese/Eastern medical people say about energy/Tao imbalances -- and can be treated with specialized drugs.

Schizophrenia symptoms usually start to appear when an individual reaches early adulthood -- late teens or early-to-mid twenties. So, if you started hearing the voices sometime within that age window, you might want to consider medical attention.
Last edited by Interloper on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Postby WILLIE on Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Schizophrenia symptoms usually start to appear when an individual reaches early adulthood -- late teens or early-to-mid twenties. So, if you started hearing the voices sometime within that age window, you might want to consider medical attention.[/quote]

AGREED: but i know someone who trained in T.M. who started having problems like this.(he was from JKD)
when he stopped the T.M. it just went away.
i believe that T.M. was made illegal in china now.
cheers
WILLIE

Postby WILLIE on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:49 pm

nianfong wrote:If you're for real:

1) ask your qi gong teacher for help. do it NOW.
2) find a good monk, priest, whatever that you trust. ASK THEM FOR HELP. NOW. Buddhist and taoist priests tend to be most connected, I've found.

this is not zou huo. zuo huo is when you fuck up your own qi in your body.
this is ru mo, when "evil" enters you. aka demons, spirits, etc.

-Fong

cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILLIE

Postby Andy_S on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Daniel:

Very interesting post: There are, indeed, dangers implicit in certain practices.

Ivan:

What kind of qigong are you doing? The Chinese have a phrase, Daniel alluded to it above and Nianfong too:
"Walk fire, enter demon."
ie if you do something dangerous, a demon can enter you. Personally, I don't believe in demons, but psychosis is real, and may well have been triggered by the qigong you are practicing. In the past, even in Europe, those believed to have been possessed by demons said that the 'voices" told them to indulge in "forbidden" practices, such as whacking off ("The Exorcist" got that right). To me it seems common-sensical: If physical training done wrong can you harm physcially, then mental or breath training can do the same.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Royal Dragon on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:01 pm

What is T.M. and why is it illegal in China now?
Royal Dragon
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:56 pm

in this context another possible traslation of zouhuo (lit. walk fire) may be deviating from proper/orthodox practice.

i think that when ppl say qigong, it means taoist qigong which involves gathering/harnessing qi energy at the dantian and leading the qi to move in the path of minor and major orbits (da/xiao zhou tian). it is i believe different from tm/breathing relaxation exercise/yoga, etc.

if and when you do taoist qigong, as i understand it, the master/teacher usually should perform for you tong guan and/or guan ding.
tong guan meaning using the master's qi to open up merdien gates; guan ding i believes involves introducing seed qi into the body. if whoever you are practicing qigong with does not do this for you it is normally very difficult to improve much and also easy to zouhuo, or deviate.

to say the least - it is a deep and complex subject. i personally would just be respectful and stay away.

i am past my mid twenties but is still do hear voices in my head, contrary to ivan i firmly believe that it is due to my practice.
when i misstep or do something uncoordinated, the fucker go "your shit is weak!"
when i do hit/connect, the fucker says "mang, its too slow"
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby WILLIE on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:22 pm

Royal Dragon wrote:What is T.M. and why is it illegal in China now?

transendentual metitation
cheers
Last edited by WILLIE on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
WILLIE

Postby nianfong on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:25 pm

the important thing is DO NOT LISTEN TO THE VOICES. never listen to them. completely ignore them. don't let them even affect you.
recite "nan mu a mi tuo fuo" if you want.

a family member of mine had these voices too at one point. at first there was no problem, until he started to listen to them. things got really bad after that. DO NOT listen to them. ASK A MONK/PRIEST/OTHER SPIRITUAL POWERHOUSE FOR HELP NOW. A good TCMD is often a powerhouse as well.
nianfong
Administrator

Postby bailewen on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:36 pm

WILLIE wrote:

it was made illigal i believe because a very high % of the practitioners where experiencing (voices and such)i personaly never got involved but know someone who did.
cheers

Citation please. I call BS on it being illegal. Your pretty much free to practice whatever form of whacked out qi-gong or meditation or whatever you want as long as you don't use it to form a political party. The only prohibition on qi-gong, gong fu or other related practices in red China is that you may not form a large organization without party representatives on the board. If you practice it at home or in small groups, the government does not have any laws regarding such things.

My source is a retired police chief in Xi'an. What's yours?
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:46 pm

My information is not as detailed as Omar's, but essentially the same. Nowadays, you can do any qigong you like as long as you don't get big and start to organize politically. The problem period was 1997 - 2005 because of the crackdown on falun gong, but the PRC has been easing up more and more on the whole qigong scene. I have that from two sources in Guangzhou, one them has regular contact with the police on this topic.
Michael

Postby WILLIE on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:24 pm

Omar (bailewen) wrote:
WILLIE wrote:

it was made illigal i believe because a very high % of the practitioners where experiencing (voices and such)i personaly never got involved but know someone who did.
cheers

Citation please. I call BS on it being illegal. Your pretty much free to practice whatever form of whacked out qi-gong or meditation or whatever you want as long as you don't use it to form a political party. The only prohibition on qi-gong, gong fu or other related practices in red China is that you may not form a large organization without party representatives on the board. If you practice it at home or in small groups, the government does not have any laws regarding such things.

My source is a retired police chief in Xi'an. What's yours?

(sorry) mistype look back a coulpe tread when i first brought it up. i said i think it's illigal.
i thought i seen after hearing about this T.M. from a fellow martial artist who had bad experiences with it. on the net that the chinese gov. made it illigal becuase it was growing to powerful of a movement.
i could be wrong on this,i'm no expert on it.
WILLIE

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan