Jason Tsou Chin na

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Jason Tsou Chin na

Postby Steve on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi
Just saw that Jason Tsou has a chin na dvd/booklet out. If anyone bought it, could you please give a review? Are the different locks broken down, varied angles, dealing with different sizes of wrists, elbows, legs, neck, changing stances to elicit a throw or make the lock more intense? Steve
Steve
Santi

Re: Jason Tsou Chin na

Postby Tomita on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Ted Mancuso of Plum Pub wrote a review on that one, and it's here : http://www.plumpub.com/sales/dvd/dvdcoll_grappling.htm

Hope this helps, bro. It seems interesting to me, I might get it myself.

Kind regards,

Tomita
Tomita
Santi

Postby JAB on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:12 am

WOW $90!!!! I like Jason, but damn that is a lot of money to spend on a DVD of a seminar!
I would like to hear how it stacks up to "Practical Chin Na."
Cheers
Jake
JAB

Postby count on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:26 am

Wow, I didn't know about this. Jason always gave a unique take on Chin Na. Focus on 3 points instead of 2 and the nine bows theory really simplified locks and reversals for me. I hope he makes a bit of money on this. Never did from teaching. I suspect the final product reflects Chi Kung International and Art's take more than Jason.

Jason has taught chi na separately to sheriff and police departments over the years. We used to laugh at what was considered locking going into some of his seminars. And the surprises coming out of them.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan