neijia expert and esoterism

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: neijia expert and esoterism

Postby Trick on Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:10 am

Bao wrote:
Look at martial arts such as karate that usually make use of an strong pronounced hikite(pulling back arm, fist to the hip) in most techniques.

Most people pull back the fist using the arm only, not by pressing back the scapula.

Most people maybe, but an experienced karateka,No. One develop well trained upper back muscles with proper training. Sinking the shoulders same thing in Karate, the scapula area is very much in play when playing......But I agree on most longfist I’ve seen it seem as just movement of the arms....
Trick

Postby AL2016 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Thanks
AL2016
Anjing

Postby Trick on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:14 am

AL2016 wrote:Some said that ueshiba aikido foundator was in link with "tegu" japonese word for jinn that make him seing à light when hé was attacked that make it appareing very slow.

Here is something I’ve taped into only four times, the slow motion view, those moments where so very special to the point I actually don’t want to mention them....It is something that comes on seemingly only in stressful situations. How I recalled afterward, entering this state has to do with the breath, breath control that comes on in a unintentional manner under that specific situation, the breath is to a minimum but very calm is the best I can describe it, maybe breath through the skin? Maybe through certain exercises, maybe such as Taijiquan this breath control can be achieved. But from my own experience during the times I had a glimpse of this slow motion view I was not only into exercises focusing on the breath but also into a lot of free sparring/fighting, in which also eventually works as an exercise to achieve a certain relaxed breath control in order not to gas out and being able to keep ones focus on the abloslute ‘here and now’....Maybe it is possible to train oneself to the point where one intentionally can go into this state of slow motion view. Maybe Ueshiba had this under control. No Tengus or Genies at play, that I do not believe. 8-)
Trick

Postby AL2016 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:07 am

Yes i understand

1. When the mind is empty it gives you super potentiel power without djinn
AL2016
Anjing

Postby AL2016 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:07 am

But ueshiba had shinto exercice that hé gave to his closed disciple

Shinto is a religion where the djinn are very présent and numerous
AL2016
Anjing

Postby AL2016 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:08 am

2.you gave karaté s exemple of open the back s mouvement but in neijia?
AL2016
Anjing

see in yichuan the neck is very compressed because of hours of contracted zhan zhuang
And fah li very violent often give the neck whiplash (coup du lapin en français violent mouvement for the neck)
AL2016
Anjing

In 2009 i visited a very famous yichuan master
And i didnt see him because he fainted without real reason before i arrived

Yichuan is like explosive very heavy energy in the head like a grenade
AL2016
Anjing

Postby Trick on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:25 am

AL2016 wrote:2.you gave karaté s exemple of open the back s mouvement but in neijia?

No I mentioned Karate in the light of having the back guarded(not fully opened for Genies to hang on to 8-) ) at least Shorin based Li ages of the art.
Trick

Postby Trick on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:46 am

I’ve practiced YiQuan for quite some time, begging in my home country and continued in China. Although my own experience the neck muscles and sinews are well developed trough proper practice but yes I agree one should be careful practicing the fali. If you not doing it I advise you to also exercise more loosening up moves such as arm swinging and maybe some conventional aerobic exercises. Holding postures too long time might eventually have an opposite effect with high blood pressure and other troubles that does not have anything to do with Genies
Trick

Postby AL2016 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:34 pm

Thanks
AL2016
Anjing

Postby yeniseri on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:39 am

Steve James wrote:The "internal" arts are esoteric by definition. It's a very small club in the cmas.

I have never known the internal CMA to be esoteric.

This occured after Sun Lutang began his attempt to thrust them into the greater public domain and at which time, modern weapons began to take over and the many not possessing the martial skill and lack of access to training, it created a level of astonishment that begins with "He who cannot do, publishes.......and it fit those who were enthralled by CMS but incapable of learning, or participating in the cultural milieu of the real practitioners.

The CMA pulp fiction novels made into early movies galvanized the sentiments of the day...... ???
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:55 am

yeniseri wrote:
Steve James wrote:The "internal" arts are esoteric by definition. It's a very small club in the cmas.

I have never known the internal CMA to be esoteric.

Neither have I nor those I've met over the yrs.

This occured after Sun Lutang began his attempt to thrust them into the greater public domain and at which time, modern weapons began to take over and the many not possessing the martial skill and lack of access to training, it created a level of astonishment that begins with "He who cannot do, publishes.......and it fit those who were enthralled by CMS but incapable of learning, or participating in the cultural milieu of the real practitioners.

The CMA pulp fiction novels made into early movies galvanized the sentiments of the day...... ???

Good post. link documents what you noted

https://chinesemartialstudies.com/2013/ ... -part-iii/
windwalker
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:49 pm

windwalker,
Thanks for adding the reference link
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:20 pm

:) I think we have different definitions of esoteric.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan