Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Postby RickMatz on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:21 am

- To crush my enemies
- To drive them before me
- To hear the lamentation of their women.
RickMatz
Huajing

Postby everything on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:33 am

Right. Aargh. Maybe we can sail south and conquer those girly Anglos. :)

Seriously, I don't understand what you are trying to do with those diagrams, bruised. Care to elaborate?

For health "self defense", first priority is probably clean air and water, food nutrition, sleep, etc., but that's not as intellectually interesting.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:34 pm

They are literally maps for inner exploration that you travel via awareness. Also look into the doasit view of "breathing" -and the movement of jing to qi. How does food and water fit into it?

If you bear through this vid there is a treat around 21:00
Skip to aroind 20:00 if you don't really recognize internal control and awareness

start: warmup, left channel work
1:45 slow form
2:00 feel imbalanced orbit, aka noticed lost chamber (see toes!)
3:45- 5:00 searching
5:47 discovered orbit aka found locked chamber
6:15 restore orbit aka unlocked chamber
7:25 balance orbit aka expand chamber
9:18 explore orbit aka explore chamber
11:38 remembered about balancing heavenly pressers, start focusing on that. earth heaven balance play
13:00 right channel work, left vs right balance play
13:20 center channel worke
14:30 silk reeling in new orbit/chamber
19:00 expand orbit/chamber more
20:00 satisfied with orbit/chamber. Tension released out of body. dantian spins to feel whole body.
20:59 grounding stomps
21:00 heaven power ground discharge and display!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22:00 standing meditation
23:15 ying yang
25:00 left shoulder work
25:00 dit ta (was that some chi blast interference??)
26:00 dantian punches
27:00 exploring new chamber with punches
28:00 grounding heaving
30:00 ground stomps (3rd one gets it good)
Last edited by bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 9 times in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby Finny on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Domo arigato, Mr Roboto.

Domo.

Domo.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:26 pm

You can articulate every joint really well like a breakdancer, but you got me more confused than before. The internal qigong work I like to do is through taijiquan form and standing pretty still.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:52 pm

everything wrote:You can articulate every joint really well like a breakdancer, but you got me more confused than before. The internal qigong work I like to do is through taijiquan form and standing pretty still.

Chances are our qigong styles are very different. I consider mines a hard internal style. Please select a specific time frame where something really doesn't make sense and I can dissect it down.

My exterior reflects my interior. What you are seeing is isolated qi channels being expressed (to the best of my ability). This is my attempt at learning my body By breakdown of key "individual" moves and when all the main ones are feeling open, confidante and unlocked, I will become one again with more mobility and control and awareness.

A breakdancer can articulate. But how to use that articulation in fight? Have coordination in that articulation as well as know how to set up the articulation.

one can first learn about joints Y, z, and x really well. Then they can move joints y, z, x really well. Then one can learn to moves joints in the order of x, y, z. This is deep internal coordination which first requires deep awareness.

Most people move yzx as one joint. And they say their back hurts.
Last edited by bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby everything on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:00 pm

I guess the whole thing confuses me ... plus I cannot articulate my joints very well, plus I can't isolate qi. If I'm standing in sort of "hug tree" and point my middle finger at my other palm and sort of twitch it, I get a feeling of an "orbit" around the arms in this sort of horizontal plane. Perhaps that's more similar to what you're describing. But I never saw a reason to do this; just noticed it randomly. Haven't connected it to anything like rooting or yielding. Edit: Messing around in push hands, I tried to sort of "circulate" a push by "borrowing" a push on my left arm to come around to the right arm to push my partner. Didn't connect this to this qigong feeling. But that could be the beginning of something interesting.
Last edited by everything on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
everything
Wuji

Postby bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Finny wrote:Domo arigato, Mr Roboto.

Domo.

Domo.

You're welcome samurai.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:12 pm

everything wrote:I guess the whole thing confuses me ... plus I cannot articulate my joints very well, plus I can't isolate qi. If I'm standing in sort of "hug tree" and point my middle finger at my other palm and sort of twitch it, I get a feeling of an "orbit" around the arms in this sort of horizontal plane. Perhaps that's more similar to what you're describing. But I never saw a reason to do this; just noticed it randomly. Haven't connected it to anything like rooting or yielding. Edit: Messing around in push hands, I tried to sort of "circulate" a push by "borrowing" a push on my left arm to come around to the right arm to push my partner. Didn't connect this to this qigong feeling. But that could be the beginning of something interesting.

Yes. This is what I do too. But my levels of awareness are such that if I wanted to, I could "barrow" from my gooch and stack it and direct it to my middle finger. This is what a finger jab from the lower dantian would mean to me. Beyond what finny thinks, this is a purely physical but the awareness is all mental. Keep up with that orbit awareness.
Last edited by bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby BruceP on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Never getting trapped in a self-absorbed MO or state of mind. Tweaking oneself to the extent that it's a preoccupation rather than a side-effect of proper training and time spent.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:33 pm

bruised wrote:
everything wrote:I guess the whole thing confuses me ... plus I cannot articulate my joints very well, plus I can't isolate qi. If I'm standing in sort of "hug tree" and point my middle finger at my other palm and sort of twitch it, I get a feeling of an "orbit" around the arms in this sort of horizontal plane. Perhaps that's more similar to what you're describing. But I never saw a reason to do this; just noticed it randomly. Haven't connected it to anything like rooting or yielding. Edit: Messing around in push hands, I tried to sort of "circulate" a push by "borrowing" a push on my left arm to come around to the right arm to push my partner. Didn't connect this to this qigong feeling. But that could be the beginning of something interesting.

Yes. This is what I do too. But my levels of awareness are such that if I wanted to, I could "barrow" from my gooch and stack it and direct it to my middle finger. This is what a finger jab from the lower dantian would mean to me. Beyond what finny thinks, this is a purely physical but the awareness is all mental. Keep up with that orbit awareness.

In that case a little rooting test experiment like the one I described should be interesting.
everything
Wuji

Postby bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:02 pm

BruceP wrote:Re: Specific Personal IMA Milestones and Goals

Never getting trapped in a self-absorbed MO or state of mind. Tweaking oneself to the extent that it's a preoccupation rather than a side-effect of proper training and time spent.

I believe i understand your concern.

we are all tweaking our selves with whatever we decide to occupy.

allow me to explain my hierarchy of systems, understandings, and priorities. i am currently absorbed in self, to forget about self.

"proper training and time spent"..... "side" effect. these are all terms based on perspective and point of view, and understanding.

I'd like to reiterate that my reference for life and how i live, how i move, how i think comes internally. for most, it is externally.

let me try to point my mind in the direction of my stereotype of an average martial artist:

my goal is to become great fighter
to become great fighter, i have to learn how to fight
to learn how to fight, i study fight moves and fight knowledge (most people are stuck here)
more advanced understanding:
fight moves are specific collection of natural moves with specific intent
fight knowledge is also specific collection of natural understanding with specific intent
moves are based on body, understanding is based in mind
consciousness is the meeting of body and mind
how to move naturally? how to have natural mind?
become conscious of breath and mind.
breath is natural reference to movement and mind
move with breath

now at this point, the martial artist should be pretty damn proud of themselves. quite the journey. that is a journey of a martial artist learning their breath for internal power for their fighting. BUT for most, martial arts is just (small) part of their whole lives. so they have spend a lot of time but only towards a specific sector (goal?) of their lives.

how many years was that? how long before they understood dantian? i million hours of horse stance is good for you no matter what, right? those AH HA! self experiences are the best.

now read the list from the bottom up. that's me. the difference is that thus far, I have spent a lot of time on what supports my whole life. I have lived consistently and proportionately in what i study and how much time ive spent on my studies vs the amount of time i spent on "the rest of my life." when i eat, shit, fuck, or fight, it all comes from the same. does the martial artist think about kung fu when he shits? only if he's mastered the dantian LOL

also understand that I am in no rush to learn how to fight, but when and after I become "a great fighter" there is more i can become great at (in my life) because of my perspective and foundation. the idea of fighting does not limit me. the other direction will limit one. so now, hows that quote go again ;)
Last edited by bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby bruised on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:05 pm

everything wrote:
bruised wrote:

In that case a little rooting test experiment like the one I described should be interesting.

this is the study of the micro (root) and macrocosmic orbits. "rooting" parts of body together to find relations. finding understanding to translate into honest and unhindered expression. clear intent with integrity.
agian! the Nei Jing Tu is your map of the inner realm!
Last edited by bruised on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
bruised
Mingjing

Postby RobP3 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:49 am

Maybe we should merge this with the Charlie Zelenoff thread?
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:01 am

bruised wrote:I believe i understand your concern.

we are all tweaking our selves with whatever we decide to occupy.

allow me to explain my hierarchy of systems, understandings, and priorities. i am currently absorbed in self, to forget about self.

"proper training and time spent"..... "side" effect. these are all terms based on perspective and point of view, and understanding.

I'd like to reiterate that my reference for life and how i live, how i move, how i think comes internally. for most, it is externally.

let me try to point my mind in the direction of my stereotype of an average martial artist:

my goal is to become great fighter
to become great fighter, i have to learn how to fight
to learn how to fight, i study fight moves and fight knowledge (most people are stuck here)
more advanced understanding:
fight moves are specific collection of natural moves with specific intent
fight knowledge is also specific collection of natural understanding with specific intent
moves are based on body, understanding is based in mind
consciousness is the meeting of body and mind
how to move naturally? how to have natural mind?
become conscious of breath and mind.
breath is natural reference to movement and mind
move with breath

now at this point, the martial artist should be pretty damn proud of themselves. quite the journey. that is a journey of a martial artist learning their breath for internal power for their fighting. BUT for most, martial arts is just (small) part of their whole lives. so they have spend a lot of time but only towards a specific sector (goal?) of their lives.

how many years was that? how long before they understood dantian? i million hours of horse stance is good for you no matter what, right? those AH HA! self experiences are the best.

now read the list from the bottom up. that's me. the difference is that thus far, I have spent a lot of time on what supports my whole life. I have lived consistently and proportionately in what i study and how much time ive spent on my studies vs the amount of time i spent on "the rest of my life." when i eat, shit, fuck, or fight, it all comes from the same. does the martial artist think about kung fu when he shits? only if he's mastered the dantian LOL

also understand that I am in no rush to learn how to fight, but when and after I become "a great fighter" there is more i can become great at (in my life) because of my perspective and foundation. the idea of fighting does not limit me. the other direction will limit one. so now, hows that quote go again ;)

Wow, that's a lot. But your "me", "my", and "I" belie that graphic.

Now doesn't care about before or after.

Anyway, I thought you were asking others about their personal ima milestones and goals. No tweaking going on over here
BruceP
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan