Qi Creation

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Qi Creation

Postby Appledog on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Hello! Originally I wanted to have a "cool post count" of 108, or something like that (something associated with Tai Chi) but that does not seem possible here.

Therefore my first response, many years ago, was editing all my old posts to point out that users here cannot delete their own posts. I did not understand why users have the ability to edit their posts but not to delete their posts.

After some time I realized it was probably a technical limitation, and if not, that my protests over many years were in vain. Therefore I no longer have the illusion of control that someday I may be able to delete my posts. Instead, my massive ego has fooled myself into the illusion of control that I can enforce a sunset clause (expiry date) on my posts by editing them.

Hopefully someday I can get over myself and shed my massive ego and reach zen enlightenment, but it seems today is not that day. For this, I apologize.

And if someday you still feel sore about it.. I will be waiting.
Last edited by Appledog on Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby willie on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Hi Apple Dog. Okay the very Act of seeing and observing the subatomic particles changes the outcome. Furthermore, I don't believe that has anything to do with qi, I think that it would be more along the lines of intentions. Pretty much the same way that a person who never drove a car before would feel very awkward with it. But then after a while, the intentions of the human being reaches the ground through the tires and he has become sort of like one with the machine. So if the act of viewing a subatomic particle changes the outcome then obviously there is some sort of energy there. Please remember that this is a board, not a individual that you're talking too. It isn't just about me or anyone else. So if you want to share some information, then feel free to share it with the entire board. Thank you
Last edited by willie on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby windwalker on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm

;)
willie wrote:Please remember that this is a board, not a individual that you're talking too. It isn't just about me or anyone else. So if you want to share some information, then feel free to share it with the entire board. Thank you

Nice post, young Jedi ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby robert on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 pm

willie wrote:
Steve James wrote:If Qi is bioenergy, then all living things have it and Qi is just the Chinese name for it.

You are correct. All living things have qi energy or they wouldn't be living. There have been so many different ways people have tried to describe Chi that it could not be the same thing. Sometimes it's described as a life force. Other times it's described as a mist. Other times it's described as something that penetrates everywhere and everything in the entire universe.

In the OP are you referring to magnetic fields that are 1/50000 the strength of a refrigerator magnet?
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:13 am

..." Other times it's described as something that penetrates everywhere and everything in the entire universe..."
ha,
I smell note of the Jedizm here!,
young grasshopper :D
Not, that I have something against Joda the master,
or kind of the energy field - /open arena where slightly different energy/s/ may freely connect and mix - is maybe better description/
- connecting -
all living-
and not quite living, creatures in the Galaxy/s/
howgh!
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:15 am

Hello! Originally I wanted to have a "cool post count" of 108, or something like that (something associated with Tai Chi) but that does not seem possible here.

Therefore my first response, many years ago, was editing all my old posts to point out that users here cannot delete their own posts. I did not understand why users have the ability to edit their posts but not to delete their posts.

After some time I realized it was probably a technical limitation, and if not, that my protests over many years were in vain. Therefore I no longer have the illusion of control that someday I may be able to delete my posts. Instead, my massive ego has fooled myself into the illusion of control that I can enforce a sunset clause (expiry date) on my posts by editing them.

Hopefully someday I can get over myself and shed my massive ego and reach zen enlightenment, but it seems today is not that day. For this, I apologize.

Last edited by Appledog on Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:55 am

Appledog wrote:
Hi willie. Thanks for answering my question. If you don't care enough about the question then you will never find an answer. That's the rub -- there are answers to these questions, they are even searchable on the internet. But if you yourself are not vested in the answer -- you being anyone reading this (because you are right, it's a board and everyone can read this) -- whoever you are -- then you won't figure it out. There are dozens of sources of information on this. For example Sun Jian-Yun's essay on nurturing the small. The question is, where to begin; have you done your homework. If not, that is fine! All the work on Physics is out there, too, and you are not expected to have to read it! It's okay to ask questions. I am just trying to figure out exactly where you are coming from with this question so I can answer it. It's a simple principle from college; you ask a question even if you think it's stupid because more often than not other people have the same question. But if you do not have the question, or cannot admit you own it, then you will not accept an answer. It will be like giving an unwanted lecture. No one is paying me here, willie. Why bother?

I actually have a lot of information I could share with the entire board. You want a lecture? No you don't. We already tried that. So I'll just sit back and maybe pick off some interesting questions. Let me know when you have one :)

Is this the dark side of the force ???
Trick

Postby Trick on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:08 am

wiesiek wrote:..." Other times it's described as something that penetrates everywhere and everything in the entire universe..."
ha,
or kind of the energy field - /open arena where slightly different energy/s/ may freely connect and mix - is maybe better description/
- connecting -
all living-
howgh!

Yoda and his Jedi's, even those on the dark side got it from the"Dao de Jing"
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:41 am

sorry, nope
they got it from the practicing,
books just show the direction
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:47 am

willie wrote:
cloudz wrote:It's the how that you do something that makes "qi gong" not the 'what'. Qi may be ever present - if you accept the paradigm - but the self working with qi - is a process that is not. I'm sure we've all had the exeprience of going through our (tai chi) form, for example, and there being nothing much to it - like we just took a walk to the corner shop. It's a well recorded process (qi gong), so I won't repeat it here. Want to do qigong while you walk, you can, but you'll have to do more work to get it going nicely, than just walk.

Hi Clouds. I think that your correct in many ways in this statement. It is very much the way you do it.
However, I still don't think that doing other activities like lifting, soccer, baseball, football or mostly everything thing else will
cultavate qi no matter how it's practiced. If it did then the players of these types of sports would be talking about it too.

I agree that some kinds of activities/ modalities are more conducive than others when it comes to qigong. It relies very much on how the mind is engaged with the body.. If your mind needs to engage with other things including unpredictable variables then clearly that's something else. On the other hand "qi gong" is very specific.. In other sports and activities though it is common for participants to arrive at certain 'flow states' that one could identify with the meditive side of arts like taiji etc.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby willie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:56 am

robert wrote:
willie wrote:
Steve James wrote:If Qi is bioenergy, then all living things have it and Qi is just the Chinese name for it.

You are correct. All living things have qi energy or they wouldn't be living. There have been so many different ways people have tried to describe Chi that it could not be the same thing. Sometimes it's described as a life force. Other times it's described as a mist. Other times it's described as something that penetrates everywhere and everything in the entire universe.

In the OP are you referring to magnetic fields that are 1/50000 the strength of a refrigerator magnet?

I never said anything about magnetic fields or Bio-electric. That is not my point of view.
My view is more in tune with. Create qi to covert to Shen. Or qi is behind the martial moves. or qi is your spirit and you are reinforcing it.
This magnetic field that others talk about, In my opinion is entirely too weak to do the type of things that some people think that it could do.
Thanks
willie

Postby willie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 am

wiesiek wrote:..." Other times it's described as something that penetrates everywhere and everything in the entire universe..."
ha,
- connecting -
all living-
howgh!

HAha, I didn't invent the art, I just follow the blind...
Just kidding...
willie

Postby willie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:30 am

Appledog wrote:
there are answers to these questions, they are even searchable on the internet.
There are dozens of sources of information on this.

It will be like giving an unwanted lecture. No one is paying me here, willie. Why bother?

I actually have a lot of information I could share with the entire board. You want a lecture? No you don't. We already tried that. So I'll just sit back and maybe pick off some interesting questions. Let me know when you have one :)

I decided to break up your statements and answer them separately.

Sure there are dozen's of people's opinions. I have found that those opinions vary to such a degree that most couldn't be correct, As they
contradict each other. Much like religion's.

"unwanted lecture?"
Do you mean the time that you tried to tell me that people who are athletes or those who lift weights could never have no skill in taiji?
appledog I have spent a lot of time and money on these arts, and I'm sure that a good percentage of the other board members have as well.
No one is getting paid, It's all about being part of a community, that is your pay.

And Lastly
not a question, the answer.
internal power...
Helical gears, created by Yi, powered by dantian rotation.

Thanks
Last edited by willie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby Appledog on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Last edited by Appledog on Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Discussions of "qi" are like a box of chocolates -- you never know what you're gonna get, especially since the box has been kicked around mercilessly, alternately frozen-and-boiled repeatedly, and exposed to all frequencies of powerful EM radiation, various bio hazards and contamination with strong industrial chemicals for many, many years. If you dare open it, whatever you get is at your own risk. And putting that in one's mouth is a whole 'nother level of "risky"... :-X

This thread reads like it was meant for a religious forum. :)
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan