Marin Spivack interview

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Marin Spivack interview

Postby Bao on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:42 pm

willie wrote: I made my assumption on the guy's character by listening to his interview. He sounds like a very reasonable individual to me. In fact he's actually quite generous.

He might very well be. Also people change as they grow. I have nothing against him.

What you may not realize is how much the information that he has costs when it comes from top-level guys like that in the world.

Couldn’t care less about how much it would cost. I am not a great fan of what he has shown so far.

If anything this site should have made sure that he was not banned because there is no way that the information that he has is incorrect.

If you (general you) keep on being arrogant and piss off people on a daily basis no one will care about your stuff, if it’s good or original has no more value. People just won’t give a fuck.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Bao wrote:
willie wrote: I made my assumption on the guy's character by listening to his interview. He sounds like a very reasonable individual to me. In fact he's actually quite generous.

He might very well be. Also people change as they grow. I have nothing against him.

What you may not realize is how much the information that he has costs when it comes from top-level guys like that in the world.

Couldn’t care less about how much it would cost. I am not a great fan of what he has shown so far.

If anything this site should have made sure that he was not banned because there is no way that the information that he has is incorrect.

If you (general you) keep on being arrogant and piss off people on a daily basis no one will care about your stuff, if it’s good or original has no more value. People just won’t give a fuck.
Bao, that is so very selfish of you to think that way. Just one of the techniques that he has May cost $100 200 300 400 500 600 1000 to get it right. And that is just one. You get the picture? I think that I have told you before that I came from yang Style and I am very aware of its inner workings. What you may not realize and you're entitled to your opinion is that there is a lot more to Tai Chi then yang style has to offer.
willie

Postby johnwang on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:09 pm

Is he our old mo_ling? It seems to me that he and I just had argument yesterday. I still remember that when I said. "My Taiji teacher said that Taiji has no leg skill." He said, "Only Yang Taiji has no leg skill. Chen Taiji has leg skill." I then asked him to put up a clip to show "Chen Taiji leg skill". I have never seen that clip since then. When I always put up clips to support what I have said but the other person doesn't, the discussion cannot continue after that.

A: ... style has ... and here is a clip to prove it.
B: ... style also has ...
A: Can you put up a clip to prove it?
B: ...
Last edited by johnwang on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:21 pm

willie wrote: I was banned from empty flower.

I was banned here by RSF about 3 weeks ago. Without any warning, suddenly I could post on RSF again. I didn't know why. I didn't argue or attack anybody. The only thing that I can think of is for every 2 months, I will take down my video from youtube. I don't want my clips to be on the public domain for too long. My clips are only used for discussion only. After I took down my clips from my yourtube account, those clips in RSF will no longer be working. Since I didn't receive any warning for that. I don't know that can be the reason I was banned.
Last edited by johnwang on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:52 pm

johnwang wrote:I was banned here by RSF about 3 weeks ago. Without any warning, suddenly I could post on RSF again. I didn't know why. I didn't argue or attack anybody. ... don't know that can be the reason I was banned.

There was a technical malfunction. Everyone was banned.

willie wrote:What you may not realize and you're entitled to your opinion is that there is a lot more to Tai Chi then yang style has to offer.

There are no styles. Only tai chi and not tai chi, good tai chi and bad Tai Chi.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:59 pm

johnwang wrote:
willie wrote: I was banned from empty flower.

I was banned here by RSF about 3 weeks ago. Without any warning, suddenly I could post on RSF again.

No John LOL. I was permanently banned from empty flower. There was a war going on between MMA and kung fu back then and because I had both of them I kind of got caught up in the middle of the arguments. I still remember some of the people from there who still talk here now.s- kicks back cracks beer. Cloudz was Cloud hands I believe and used to pick on Strictly Tai Chi players because he was San shou. And of course others
Last edited by willie on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby Finny on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:13 pm

willie wrote:Haha, what you don't know is that I was banned from empty flower. Do you know why? Because I was the first one doing MMA and blending Tai Chi with it and no one on empty flower accepted BJJ or MMA on an internal website. I was the ONLY one doing it that I knew of at that time.

I've been around a lot longer then you think...

You're right - I didn't know that. Frankly, I don't believe you though. You were "the first one doing MMA and blending Tai Chi with it"? No. "No one on empty flower accepted BJJ or MMA"???? WTF dude.. that's ridiculous. From the very first time I lurked on eF ( 2000, 2001ish) there were folks into IMA and BJJ/MMA. If you were there you should remember Sudan, Meynard, Troy et al. There has never been anything but respect on eF for those willing to pressure test their stuff. Of course the occasional individual opinion differs - no one is banned for that. I couldn't count the number of times I've written "ok, we can agree to disagree.." here.

The reality is your posting style is as abrasive as some other well known folks (like the subject of this thread - I never minded anything he said, but others clearly did) and that rubs people the wrong way.

A perfect indication of this is that you were temporarily banned here - several times IIRC. Had nothing to do with you being too awesome for anyone to handle... that you would believe that is kinda emblematic.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Finny wrote:If you were there you should remember Sudan, Meynard, Troy et al...

Does anybody still remember Ying Yang, Cat among pigeon? I still remember Cat among pigeon said that IMA has 3 levels.

- physical level,
- mental level,
- spiritual level.

Was that 2000, or 2001? People used to call me "the person who likes to crack the skull and eat the brain".
Last edited by johnwang on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Heh - a little later I think JW. Cat among was around the time of Ten (and ACAMAC lol)

those were the days...
Finny
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:51 pm

Finny wrote:
willie wrote:Haha, what you don't know is that I was banned from empty flower. Do you know why? Because I was the first one doing MMA and blending Tai Chi with it and no one on empty flower accepted BJJ or MMA on an internal website. I was the ONLY one doing it that I knew of at that time.

I've been around a lot longer then you think...

You're right - I didn't know that. Frankly, I don't believe you though. You were "the first one doing MMA and blending Tai Chi with it"? No. "No one on empty flower accepted BJJ or MMA"???? WTF dude.. that's ridiculous. From the very first time I lurked on eF ( 2000, 2001ish) there were folks into IMA and BJJ/MMA. If you were there you should remember Sudan, Meynard, Troy et .
Why would I even care if you believe me or not? I don't remember anyone on empty flower discussing MMA. At least not when I was there. Yes I remember there was someone named Troy but I don't remember that individual talking about MMA at all at that time. I'll prove it to you. Do you remember a video that was hijacked to empty flower named jiu jitsu taiji ninjutsu? That video was the video that I made in about 2000 2002 The video stirred up some controversy because it was Tai Chi blended with real MMA and a little bit of ninjutsu because one of the guys that I train with was a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt and also had ninjutsu so I threw in a few techniques that I learned along the way.
Last edited by willie on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Postby Finny on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:01 pm

I didn't say you should care. To be honest I'd be amazed if you did.

Troy is his real name, not his handle. No I don't remember your video, sorry. Not sure what you mean by "hijacked to emptyflower" or what controversy was stirred up - to be honest every second video stirs up some controversy.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Finny wrote:I didn't say you should care. To be honest I'd be amazed if you did.

Troy is his real name, not his handle. No I don't remember your video, sorry. Not sure what you mean by "hijacked to emptyflower" or what controversy was stirred up - to be honest every second video stirs up some controversy.

I said hijacked because I'm not the one who put my video on empty flower someone else did. the video that was hijacked was made so I could let Adam Mizner see my style and somebody from YouTube put it on empty flower and then I noticed that my video had a lot of views and I found out that it was from that website. It's funny because when I went to the website and people were talking about me, some good, some bad. Someone had said, why do I feel like little Napoleon will be jumping in soon. Do you remember that?
willie

Postby willie on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:11 pm

Anyways this is too far off topic
willie

Postby Finny on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Uh - youtube is public mate. If you put a video up in public, people are free to share the link wherever, it's not 'hijacking'.

No, I don't remember the comment you refer to. This place is pretty laid back, and some folks have some pretty caustic viewpoints on things. I'd have thought if you have any experience in the MA world, upload a public video - you shouldn't be surprised to see folks saying 'bad' things about you. Hell, the entire subject of martial artists uploading videos - the benefits and downsides - has been an ongoing discussion on every MA forum I've ever seen. Being surprised or upset over that just strikes me as naive.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Finny wrote:Uh - youtube is public mate. IHell, the entire subject of martial artists uploading videos - the benefits and downsides - has been an ongoing discussion on every MA forum I've ever seen. Being surprised or upset over that just strikes me as naive.
yes it is probably naive. For me there is really no upside because I don't make money from martial arts. It's just my hobby.
willie

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan