Purpose of the Tantien

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Purpose of the Tantien

Postby willie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:44 am

voidisyinyang wrote:

Now if your talking about physical movements, ...If all your doing is physical movements, then there is a limit to how much qi you're going to generate, anyway.

quantum biology confirms the secrets of the Lower Tan T'ien:

Okay hey, that's great. Ah, Can you tell me what you actually got out of that? Or are we still on the great ferris wheel at the amusement park?
willie

Postby Bao on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:24 pm

voidisyinyang wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ScvyxTTI0

He is wrong. There’s nothing extraordinary about qi. Everything is just about correct practice.

Now if your talking about physical movements, ...If all your doing is physical movements, then there is a limit to how much qi you're going to generate, anyway.

What do you mean, what is not physical movement?

quantum biology confirms the secrets of the Lower Tan T'ien:

The gastrointestinal-brain axis in humans as an evolutionary advance of the root-leaf axis in plants: A hypothesis linking quantum effects of light on serotonin and auxin

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _and_auxin

full free read, 2018 March Professor jack Tuszinski, et. al.

How exactly is that crap useful for practical practice? :/
Last edited by Bao on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Bao wrote:
He is wrong. There’s nothing extraordinary about qi. Everything is just about correct practice.

How exactly is that crap useful for practical practice? :/

There was a couple good things in there. I definitely can relate to what he saying about the chi energy flooding the channels because that's exactly what it feels like to me, but on the other hand, the information that he's talking about doesn't really guide anybody any closer to figuring out anything tangible.

Edit.
You know what I think after putting some thought into this? I think that he's entertaining the masses. I mean think about it. Most of the time when I go to meet ups, very few people are actually interested in the martial aspects anyways. So if he wants to get a decent paycheck out of this, well just give them what they want, right? Round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows
Last edited by willie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
willie

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan