A 'synthesis' of internal arts?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: A 'synthesis' of internal arts?

Postby Appledog on Wed May 02, 2018 11:08 pm

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed May 02, 2018 11:59 pm

From an amateur martial artist...err no, I should present myself as an hobby MAist - good luck with you entrepreneurship
Trick

Postby Bao on Thu May 03, 2018 3:41 am

I'm about 6 months away from launching my progressive tai chi 'brand' -- it will be a new internal style based on tai chi.

Why?
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Thu May 03, 2018 3:55 am

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu May 03, 2018 5:34 am

Yes a lot of things to ponder on in the forthcoming six months, time flies hurry hurry
Trick

Postby shawnsegler on Thu May 03, 2018 6:13 am

Is there any question at this point as to why ICMA is so disrespected in the world?

Hubris and illusion run rampant with nothing to check their disfunction, and the reasonable people with better things to do than deal with the sea of ego out there are the ones who pay the price for it.

The older I get, the more it makes me just want to open my veins in a hot bath in frustration...sometimes and not really...but sometimes.

S- Sigh....
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu May 03, 2018 7:15 am

Nihilism is not the answer. Go tidy your room Bucko - you owe it to Being to bear your suffering.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby willie on Thu May 03, 2018 7:21 am

As GMWHJ says, "THERE IS NO SHORT CUTS".
90 percent of the people who claim to be internal, aren't.
This is True internal power = qi + internal organs + dantian ovalization +/= powering the movements.
willie

Postby suckinlhbf on Thu May 03, 2018 8:08 am

@ appledog

I use Shaolin Lohan kung for the beginner to open up all the joints and tendons of the whole body. It is a training set start from external to lead into internal. Correct posture is the key to get effective results. The body posture requirements are similar to the descriptions in Neigung Jing which was later adopted by Song's Xingyi.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Thu May 03, 2018 10:15 am

Wang Peisheng synthesised a form drawing from the three major CIMA as I recall
Last edited by cloudz on Fri May 04, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Thu May 03, 2018 1:07 pm

And the delusion goes around and round
And the painted pony goes up and down

Has anyone here learnt a full system
All the answers are there and no parts are unnecessary

Anyone who thinks the weapons are there for ancient Warcraft just does not understand them
Shaolin has nothing to offer the internal
Ba tuan chin is so irrelevant to the internal arts I only teach to those who can't get the basics

Please go and learn
4 generations of martial arts and learning from Suns daughter and you have to make up your own system

Sun tai chi contains the other two arts not because they are obvious but because you cannot train the other two without them bleeding into the tai chi
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Thu May 03, 2018 2:09 pm

GrahamB wrote:Nihilism is not the answer. Go tidy your room Bucko - you owe it to Being to bear your suffering.

In the words of Rust Cohle.."I tell myself I bear witness, and I obviously lack the constitution for suicide". :)

FWIW.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Thu May 03, 2018 2:11 pm

cloudz wrote:Want Peisheng synthesised a form drawing from the three major CIMA as I recall

Yeah...that was Wang Peisheng though.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby suckinlhbf on Thu May 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Shaolin has nothing to offer the internal
Ba tuan chin is so irrelevant to the internal arts I only teach to those who can't get the basics

Shaolin Temple offers a board syllabus, and their neigung training is very effective.

Ba Tuan Chin is funny. I know someone in China who has killed his opponent in the ring with his first and one punch in his fist match. After that, he never gets into the ring anymore. He is the most powerful guy I have ever known. A friend of mine who is a reputable national kungfu magazine journalist, traval across China has once mentioned to me that this guy's gungli is terribly strong. Several years back, a provincial national sanda team seeked his help on training, he trained them with Ba Tuan Chin. The whole team laughed and left. I guess his Ba Tuan Chin is different. He is too honest, and abosolutely has no business mind.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby LDShouler on Thu May 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Thanks to everyone for their comments and ideas. As someone who used to teach English I'm rather interested in teaching methodology an the notion of meta approaches towards beginning learning (I'm experimenting on my twenty-odd students/mates!), and I realised that there is often a blurred area in defining individual internal arts. Its just that, in my limited opinion, there seems to be more overlap than difference between many arts (including those that are not normally defined as internal), and that maybe there is a way of teasing out those commonalities. After that the methods could be used to develop martial capacity or for general health benefits...that may almost sound like reinventing the wheel to some of you but such a methodology shouldn't be seen as a threat to traditional systems, more of a way of helping to teach. Anyway, I've really enjoyed the debate, and good luck Appledog with your endeavour!
LDShouler
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan