Record all your MA knowledge on video

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Record all your MA knowledge on video

Postby johnwang on Mon May 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Today we should take advantage on the modern technology that our previous generation didn't have.

Have you ever considered to record all your MA knowledge on video? You can record all your techniques twice from the opposite angles. This way you can have a complete record for yourself, or pass it down to your students.

Here is an example.

Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Re: Record all your MA knowledge on video

Postby C.J.W. on Mon May 14, 2018 2:15 pm

A variation on dehe 得合?
C.J.W.
Wuji

Postby johnwang on Mon May 14, 2018 2:28 pm

C.J.W. wrote:A variation on dehe 得合?

You can use "得合(De He) - inner hook" to

1. take your opponent down.
2. hook your opponent's leading leg into your arm.

The advantage of 2 is after you have obtained your opponent's leading leg, if you can hook/sweep his standing leg, he will be down. Since you are still holding his leading leg, you can drop your knee into his groin, or twist his leg and sit on his back and apply leg bar on him.

To finish a fight, 2 > 1.
Last edited by johnwang on Mon May 14, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby willie on Mon May 14, 2018 4:38 pm

johnwang wrote:Today we should take advantage on the modern technology that our previous generation didn't have.

Have you ever considered to record all your MA knowledge on video? You can record all your techniques twice from the opposite angles. This way you can have a complete record for yourself, or pass it down to your students.

Here is an example.

Hi John, Yes! Every time I came back from my Sifu's house, I would record myself with my son. It was just too damn easy to forget
everything that I did that night. Another concideration was, what if something happened to him... There is NO other outlet to receive
the transmission from. I have tons of video's of all kinds of internal stuff. unfortunately the audience generally isn't worthy of seeing them.
But, I will save them for my son.
willie

Postby johnwang on Mon May 14, 2018 5:02 pm

willie wrote:unfortunately the audience generally isn't worthy of seeing them.
But, I will save them for my son.

You are correct. This kind of clips are only used within your own group. It's not intended to be shared for the general public.

If you learn 10 techniques in one class. after 100 classes, you may have learned 1000 techniques. How can you remember it? These kind of clips can be helpful. The nice thing about this approach is you can sort it in different groups and then linked those small clips into long clips.
johnwang
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan