Empty Force Challenge

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Empty Force Challenge

Postby johnwang on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:16 pm

windwalker wrote:I posted and ask a question about the clip with teacher Gao, you post another clip showing his teacher.

Sorry! I though you want me to look at Wang, Peisheng's clip. It was misunderstanding.

The reason that I ask you opinion about moving non-human object, because someone said that her teacher could punch into a well (without touching the water) and made water to jump out.
Last edited by johnwang on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:40 am

Hmmm interesting, in the first page there are an Gary Clyman mentioned as an reference as being an EF master I guess? I googled him and see he’s somewhat tied to Shuai Jiao? What’s this all about then and what’s “temple style tai chi” is that yet another HK style YTJQ? http://chikung.com/testimonials/
Trick

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:15 am

johnwang wrote:
windwalker wrote:
johnwang wrote:But I'm asking you. Will you be able to explain it within 20 words? Why EF cannot move no-human object?

The clip answers it, I even had it translated maybe the translation was not clear.

Can you address what was said in Chinese that you seem to have problems understanding. I'm asking you.

Do you always like to play this kind of indirect game? Can you be straight forward just one time? Is that too much to ask for?

Damn, that came so close!! You almost got it John. But he's using LKJ in his writing too well. ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby johnwang on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:48 pm

windwalker wrote:The clip I posted of Master Gao, explianed quite well. My
Explanation would not be much different.

Which clip are you talking about?

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OckoWUoCbtA
Last edited by johnwang on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world.
johnwang
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:50 pm

johnwang wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OckoWUoCbtA

Oh dear god :-X
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:34 pm

Dmitri wrote:
johnwang wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OckoWUoCbtA

Oh dear god :-X

If JW translateed it, it might make more sense.

Being able to understand what is said to be happening often allows one to understand what is shown happening in a different way.

It can look strange at times

https://youtu.be/j85uuZqIZIM

Both clips show the same thing, only one none Chinese speakers can understand

Some of the systema work can also look strange if one can not understand what's happening.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:50 pm

I had asked JW to translate
the parts he an issue with.
Other native speakers can chime in
if they want to.

The theory if not shown most would probably agree with
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:56 pm

I don't understand why you don't just come out and put the theory into your own words based on your own understanding and experience. Forget this nonsense of third party translations.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:16 pm

oragami_itto wrote:I don't understand why you don't just come out and put the theory into your own words based on your own understanding and experience. Forget this nonsense of third party translations.

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to know what they are explaining to understand what you were looking at.

A native speakers translation would be a good bases for talking about what is shown in the clips being questioned

What's the issue?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:21 pm

oragami_itto wrote:I don't understand why you don't just come out and put the theory into your own words based on your own understanding and experience. Forget this nonsense of third party translations.

Kinda strange considering you among others site verbiage that has been translated as a basis of your own understanding. Never explaining what you understand in your own words.

As in " Wu wei" you used n another thread not really understanding what it means. Or I should say apparently having a very superficial understanding of it.

How does that work?
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:58 pm

I guess you intend for it to work by avoiding the question and ad hominem.

Are you simply constitutionally incapable of making a direct statement? Is it like some kind of pathology?

You claim there is a simple model most of us already agree with in part that can adequately explain the ability to affect another person without direct physical contact. I'm just asking for you to explain that model in your own words, not sending me on a scavenger hunt to make sense of the word salad translation of some third party.

I just don't understand what sort of game your trying to play here.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:17 pm

oragami_itto wrote:I guess you intend for it to work by avoiding the question and ad hominem.

Are you simply constitutionally incapable of making a direct statement? Is it like some kind of pathology?

You claim there is a simple model most of us already agree with in part that can adequately explain the ability to affect another person without direct physical contact. I'm just asking for you to explain that model in your own words, not sending me on a scavenger hunt to make sense of the word salad translation of some third party.

I just don't understand what sort of game your trying to play here.

It's your game

Step one look at a video
Step to understand what is said in the video
Step 3 see if what is said follows what is done or agrees with one's understanding.

Simple. You can continue arguing or you can try to get with the program.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Step One: I've watched the video
Step Two: I don't speak chinese
Step Three: Since I don't understand what's said, I can't very well say whether or not I agree or disagree with anything, on the surface it looks like absolute horse number 2.

So I'm asking you, as one who is advocating an idea, to fill in the number 2, so we can get to number 3. It would be far less effort than the circular number 2 you keep repeating about it.
Last edited by origami_itto on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:33 pm

oragami_itto wrote:Step One: I've watched the video
Step Two: I don't speak chinese
Step Three: Since I don't understand what's said, I can't very well say whether or not I agree or disagree with anything, on the surface it looks like absolute horse number 2.

So I'm asking you, as one who is advocating an idea, to fill in the number 2, so we can get to number 3. It would be far less effort than the circular number 2 you keep repeating about it.

Which is why the translation from a native speaker would be very helpful. I am not advocating any idea I'm only sharing my experiences about an idea from a viewpoint of direct experience with it.

The subject is a video not me. If you want to discuss what you see understand what is said first
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Taijikid on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:59 pm

LOL, looks like a miss cue at 1:12. A "chai" became a "bounce".
Taijikid
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan