B.K. Frantzis and spinal rehab?

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: B.K. Frantzis and spinal rehab?

Postby Ron Panunto on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:36 am

wayne hansen wrote:Ron
Throw the 24 away its stepping pattern is not conducive to all round healing
You are much better off just doing weight shifting and stepping with multi directional changes

Wayne, exactly what is wrong with the 24 stepping pattern? I have been doing that form since the 80's and find the stepping pattern similar to several Yang long forms that I have learned over the past decades.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby robert on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:31 am

Ron Panunto wrote:Mine wasn't a car crash Wayne. I was drinking a cup of coffee on my daughter's patio one Saturday morning, and it went down my trachea instead of my esophagus. I started choking then blacked out, fell off the patio and hit the bridge of my nose on a fence, which snapped my head back and broke the vertebrae and my right arm. The kicker is that the patio was only a foot high.

Sorry to hear that, best wishes to you.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:03 pm

I wasn't referring to you Ron when I mentioned car crash
BKF not only mentioned he had one car crash but several,I remember another who mentioned that's why he couldn't push with others
On the 24 it is the simplicity of the stepping patterns
One two three Cha Cha Cha it was designed for factory workers to do inbetween rows of machinery
Those who practice it never seem to develop spatial awareness
In the 108 you are in the centre and rotate in every direction up to white stork
In the 24 you only face one direction until you turn for the second GST
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:32 am

Ron,

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. After a few too many war tours you see just about every way a person can die from the sublime to the supremely stupid. Can't recall ever having heard of a cup of coffee being the culprit. +1 on originality there. And many people underestimate the dangers of falling, particularly when unconscious.

FWIW, Stallone had cervical fusion following breaking his neck on the set of the Expendables and seems to have made it back okay.

Any ETA on when you can get back into the gym and under the bar?

Best with regards to your recovery.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby drums on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:01 am

Trick wrote:Standing practice for about 10 hours a day ? that’s being trapped in delusion. Even standing as “little” as four hours is not going to make anyone a superhuman or immortal or an MMA champ, or just an image of pure plain health, or whatever the goals are...

When I was young, studying and had a lot of time I experimented with standing for 6 hours/day during my 3 month uni break... just too see what happened... and also because I was young and had a lot of time. ;) I experimented with a lot of things for those reasons. Now with far less time and more experience I "only" stand for 30 minutes once or twice a day but I "gain" a lot more out of it than I did with my 3 month experiment. Having said that a lot of variables have changed which I'd guesstimate contribute to those "gains" however even if I had the time I wouldn't stand for that length of time again. Trying it was just something I "had" to tick of my list of things to try.
drums
Santi

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan