what do think about master mizner

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: what do think about master mizner

Postby Bao on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:55 pm

"The skill he [Mizner] has is a direct result of his practice from the Bardon school of Hermetics as taught by Mark Rasmus."

charles wrote:What is the relationship between Hermetics and Taijiquan skill?

Magic to make Tai Chi look magic?

On Hermetics.com it says "Franz Bardon was a Millennium Pick as representing the most complete, concise, and direct system of Magical Mastery."

So this type of Hermetics focus mostly on the magic side. Rasmus worked as a magician, telepathic and fortune teller before starting to teach Tai Chi.

But the magic in Hermetics is mostly what is called Theurgy:

"Theurgy (the operation of the gods): There are two different types of magic, according to Giovanni Pico della Mirandola's Apology, completely opposite of each other. The first is Goëtia (Greek: γοητεια), black magic reliant upon an alliance with evil spirits (i.e., demons). The second is Theurgy, divine magic reliant upon an alliance with divine spirits (i.e., angels, archangels, gods).[43]"

...So I wonder what exactly Mizner was taught from Marcus... and how it has an impact on the Tai Chi he teaches... :P
Last edited by Bao on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:56 pm

I always thought those teachings came from Patrick Kelly
I would also like to know what is in those teachings that would be better than Huangs methods
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Hermetics , Magic, Theurgy. Now it’s getting interesting
Trick

Postby AL2016 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Peacedog how do you know the link between mizner and Bardon school as i dont find anything ln the net? By his link with mark rasmus?bao who is Marcus you talk about?

Some saw him Said he has mystical tatoo and ring what are they?

À new Robert Johnson a second rate guitariste became à crack thanks to à devil pact

robert-johnson-sold-his-soul-to-the-devil-in-rosedale-mississippi/

That s why mizner doesnt réal lineage and background in China (like ordinary occidental master you see years after years in China )

And i noticed you have sometime mizner younger looks like a retarded teenager with huggly glaces and then taichi master beautiful mystical ring and hair headdress back like séduction

Can you sum up the Huang lineage with his link with Occidental using hermeneutic magic like patrick Kelly
Marcus or mizner? The magic aspect is added by the Occidental or already present by the Chinese master ?
Last edited by AL2016 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
AL2016
Anjing

Postby Bao on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:27 am

AL2016 wrote: By his link with mark rasmus?bao who is Marcus you talk about ?

Mark Rasmus = Marcus. I suppose that I just kind of shortened it. ;D

Found some stuff in this thread:

https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php ... 9a2fe47a83

by Peacedog on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:17 am

Yes, quite a bit of carry over. Mark Rasmus' training is heavily grounded in the Hermetic practice of Franz Bardon, which at this point is essentially the other remaining school of Western yogic practice.

The main difference is that is Circles of Power from John Michael Greer is considered a ritual system while the Franz Bardon's system is more of the vajrayana school of Western yogic practice.

Both work heavily with the elements (fire, air, water and earth) as well as ether/Akasha. Franz Bardon's system is much more chi gung like in practice. You conduct an active visualization with an appropriate sound, color and sensation. Very similiar to mahayana and vajrayana practice in my experience.

In the system from John Michael Greer you have a much more shamanic type of practice where you are are calling upon a mantra, with a color and symbolic point of of focus.The only caveat I can give with Greer's system is that the energies employed get their flavor from the late Renaissance period, or a little earlier, and this can make some of the imagery interpretation a little confusing for a more modern mind. Greer's companion work Path's of Wisdom can flesh this out quite a bit and is more the theory and meditative side of his work.

Both work quite well. In practice, Greer's work is easier to use initially without an instructor. Bardon's work can also be done without a teacher, but you will need a pretty solid background in chi gung to work out some of the finer details.

If you ever decide to work with Bardon's work, hit me up and I can walk you through the finer points. All of it is easy to explain via Skype or the like, just a little obtuse if done soley from the book.

The main thing to keep in mind is that Greer's system was designed for solo practice, while Bardon's books are a reconstruction from notes left to his students and complied by his secretary. For those who do not know, Bardon died in a Czech communist prison camp in 1958 and so his books were never fully constructed by him.

What Mark has done is construct the more physical elements into a teaching system that includes body training and some martial elements (i.e. fah jing) along with the items from the original Bardon system. Bardon's system specializes in identifying and mastering various energies directly. As such his methods, with work, can be extrapolated to a variety of other systems.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby AL2016 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:43 am

But what is the link with adam mizner?

What is the fact prooving mizner use ocult mystic technic in his taichi?
AL2016
Anjing

Postby Trick on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 am

AL2016 wrote:Some saw him Said he has mystical tatoo and ring what are they?

À new Robert Johnson a second rate guitariste became à crack thanks to à devil pact

robert-johnson-sold-his-soul-to-the-devil-in-rosedale-mississippi/

That s why mizner doesnt réal lineage and background in China (like ordinary occidental master you see years after years in China )

And i noticed you have sometime mizner younger looks like a retarded teenager with huggly glaces and then taichi master beautiful mystical ring and hair headdress back like séduction

You mean he show signs of demonic possession, or having a devilish appearance?? 8-)
Trick

Postby AL2016 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Did Adam mizner talk about hermenetism or Bardon school?
AL2016
Anjing

Postby edededed on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:44 pm

"retarded teenager with huggly glaces"

I feel happy for some reason after reading this.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:33 pm

what do think about master mizner

Don't ordinarily; took me a bit to think who you meant.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby AL2016 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:19 am

Why ededed? Sometime like you see Clark Kent before then superman
AL2016
Anjing

Postby Trick on Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:43 am

Lookalike wise, I would say he’s more as Lex Luthor. Could there be some kryptonite in those amulets ?
Trick

Postby AL2016 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Thanks
AL2016
Anjing

Postby Peacedog on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:20 am

Mizner was a personal student of Mark Rasmus for many years in Australia before Rasmus relocated to Asia.

He was kicked out of Rasmus' school for misbehavior.

The meditative/yogic skills, there are about 50-60 of them, in Bardon's system are universal and correspond roughly to what you would get in a practitioner's training temple in Asia over the course of a year or two. Outside of that you need some kind of body training system to use it martially.

By learning these skills it allows you to decode anyone else's system and work it on your own.

Rasmus has done a tremendous amount of work and recreated the body training work that is largely missing from most Western schools.

His particular system utilizes rebounding power, as do most schools of tai chi chuan, and as such is very easily applied to tai chi chuan.

What people typically fail to understand is that everything you see in IMAs, meditation, yogic practice and the like is the result of a very specific kind of technology. As the human body is the medium being utilized to express this technology it is largely the same regardless of where you find it. If you understand the technology, then you can decode anything that leverages it.

Someone in China hundreds of years ago applied this technology to the martial arts and tai chi chuan was the result (amongst other systems).

Mizner just reverse engineered it from what he learned with Rasmus.

So if you want what Mizner has, just go study with Rasmus. Rasmus will cost you alot less in the long run and is a delightful human being. Also his school is currently set up for long stay students and you can meet some very intriguing people there.
Last edited by Peacedog on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:25 pm

As I said before I thought the training came from Kelley
Mizner was a student of Roger Cotgrieve who was a student of Kelley
Kelley mentioned this training in his book on Huang that I was given in about 1986
I live on the Gold Coast where Mizner started his school and never heard of Razmus until Mizner was well established
How sure are you of your facts
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan