what do think about master mizner

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: what do think about master mizner

Postby charlie_cambridge on Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:39 pm

Funny someone mentioned Adam being kicked out of Mark Rasmus' school: Adam also studied briefly with a student of Patrick Kelly's (in Australia/New Zealand) and was kicked out of that school for making stuff up. I didn't know anything about Mark Rasmus' school but completely believe that because I know for a fact it happened with Patrick's student.
charlie_cambridge
Mingjing

Postby Trick on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 am

“The nail that stick out gets hammered ” - Japanese saying, popular in many Dojos.

I’ve seen students who early on who seemed to have an “take charge” mentality with only their mouth as backup.
However from what I seen online(very little) on Mizner he seem to have something genuine going. He probably talented from early on and grasped and harnessed things quick. When ones Taiji becomes ones own one is free...Maybe his theacher told him he is free to go ?
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:29 am

Trick,

Ignoring all of Adam's other issues, I discourage people from studying with him as you won't learn anything.

He intentionally only teaches part of any given technique at his seminars in a way that makes it hard to replicate. Having spoken with people who recently attended his seminars, he has students wander around the seminar actively preventing others from taking notes about the training.

Mizner has some level of personal skill. You just aren't going to get anything from him.

Study with someone else.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:44 am

Yes, I have no intention at all to seek instructions from him, I’m fine with what I’ve got here.....
Trick

Postby Giles on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 am

Peacedog wrote:. Having spoken with people who recently attended his seminars, he has students wander around the seminar actively preventing others from taking notes about the training.

Now if this is true, I would love to know the justification they gave for doing that.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:15 am

Giles,

IDK why. But it was mentioned by more than one person I talked to. Hermetics is a small club and people get around. Personally, I could understand a “no video” policy. You never know where video is going to wind up or how it will be used. But no note taking?

Even if I didn’t have a variety of reasons for not wanting people to give Adam money, that would be a show stopper for me.
Last edited by Peacedog on Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:56 am

Peacedog wrote: Personally, I could understand a “no video” policy. You never know where video is going to wind up or how it will be used. But no note taking?

My thought, too.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan