Waist/Hip Strength

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Waist/Hip Strength

Postby cloudz on Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:01 am

Everything,

Personally, I'm currently using 8 bodyweight exercises for developing whole body integrated strength in multiple planes of motion.
They can be used for endurance and power work also

There is a jump in there as well as things like L sits and chin ups.

I like this for MA, I have used KB but this would be my prefered choice, well it is my prefered choice. The two you mentioned are the only exercises I really liked, plus the odd variation or two of the swings. Not versatile enough in of itself for my needs. As I'm not personally interested in developing my Max strength either any time soon, this set up works nicely for me.

I'm also quite into locomotion exercises, they combine body weight (strength), mobility, and movement skill/motor control in one well balanced 'natural' package.

The CIMA that I do covers things like tensile/ postural / fascia and connective tissue strength, stabilizer muscle strength which combine with the bodywork/ body control skills involved (that fancy neijia stuff..) and the loosening/ mobility aspects. Not to mention the more esoteric kind of work involving breath and so on.

There's other stuff I train too, but that gives a fair idea or overview of where i'm at in terms of strength and neijia/ martial arts.
Last edited by cloudz on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:25 am, edited 8 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: Waist/Hip Strength

Postby everything on Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks a lot. I'd definitely like to do more. Watched a dance performance last night with some breakdance moves. Amazing gymnastic abilities and stalling type moves.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan