Let's Regulate Qi Gong or for that Matter Taiji, Bagua etc.

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Let's Regulate Qi Gong or for that Matter Taiji, Bagua etc.

Postby Steve James on Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:01 pm

There's the law and then there's the reason for the law. But, I think that "qigong" is just too broad. If it means regulating who can perform "qigong" in a clinic or hospital, okay; that sounds reasonable. But, that seems like a situation where some form of payment is involved. I have no idea how standards could be derived or enforced. However, the reason for the regulation makes sense.

Otoh, some laws are designed by people just to prevent others from enjoying themselves, or because they are perceived as a social, cultural, or economic threat. I.e., the laws that are mechanisms of control.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:18 pm

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby meeks on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Putting into a different perspective:
Can you imagine if something like the Taoist Taiji Society became the defacto standard for what type of taiji can only be taught? Simply because they're a large group...must be quality stuff..
Last edited by meeks on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Appledog on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:29 pm

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:03 am

one word - tax
Gov. wallet is always hungry
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby meeks on Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:22 pm

Appledog wrote:
meeks wrote:Putting into a different perspective:
Can you imagine if something like the Taoist Taiji Society became the defacto standard for what type of taiji can only be taught? Simply because they're a large group...must be quality stuff..

I spent four years volunteering behind the desk of a main branch of the TTCS. I also lived next to them on D'arcy street and helped out with the food donations. I learned a lot about how they work on a business and social level and a lot of what they do is actually good, from that perspective...

I don't disagree that as an outreach program its effective. I'm pointing out that there shouldn't be 1 "this is the one to follow because it's the largest group"
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby HotSoup on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:12 am

Appledog wrote:I spent four years volunteering behind the desk of a main branch of the TTCS. I also lived next to them on D'arcy street and helped out with the food donations. I learned a lot about how they work on a business and social level and a lot of what they do is actually good, from that perspective...

But what does it have to do with actual TJQ?
HotSoup
Anjing

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan