The history of Xingyi podcast

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: The history of Xingyi podcast

Postby GrahamB on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:04 pm

On the remote chance that somebody is still listening to this, here's part 6:

We examine the life of Yue Fei's best friend, General Han Shizhong, and the circumstances immediately following the death of Yue Fei. We also take a look at the life of Han's heroic wife, Liang Hongyu, and internal politics of the Jin Empire at that time.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/9404101/21-xing-yi-part-6
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby greytowhite on Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:48 pm

Thanks, I'm definitely listening.
greytowhite
Huajing

Postby GrahamB on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm

Thanks!

I think we'll be on episode 20 by the time we finish, and a lot wiser ;D
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:02 pm

Latest episode. It carries on historically from where Xingyi episode 6 left off but there's no Xingyi in it, so we gave it a different name:

#22 The Origins of the Mongols

The Mongols, builders of the largest empire the world has ever seen, came from relatively obscure origins. In this episode we delve into what we know about the people of Genghis Khan prior to his rise to power and world domination.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/9404101/2 ... odu5YSqqxw

In related news:

I got together with Damon at the weekend where he asked me to introduce BJJ ground work concepts to his semi-underground group called FoxFist (Friends Of Xcross training). Here we have a very experienced group of traditional martial artists: Baji, Aikido, Karate, Xingyi, Kempo, Choy Lee Fut, Tai Chi (various styles) and Bak Mei. A different person teaches their art to the room each time. Quite daunting to say the least! We did about 4 hours of training. Seemed to go ok and nobody died, including me :) Good times. Open minds, no egos and martial artists all working together.

Last edited by GrahamB on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GrahamB
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan