Tongue on roof of mouth

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Tongue on roof of mouth

Postby wiesiek on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:55 am

in fact, when tip of the tongue is touching the soft part - /not just teeth or hard part/, it creating kind of "bridge" between Du and Ren central meridians.
My impression was , that it is cooler, than another points during practice, but right now I don`t feel it any more.

Reverse breathing may help to move spinal cord verbetas more easily,
this stimulating qi central meridians circulation, but doesn`t help in feelings reading.

speakin` about moving /waving / spinal cord , in my opinion, - no ejaculation and reversing energy is the most potent medicine and fastest way for achieving it .
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby roger hao on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:16 am

That's how to keep form chipping teeth riding a hardtail chopper.
Also helps to not bite off the tongue when fighting.
roger hao

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:30 am

It takes some work, and practice to lengthen and stretch the frenulum (which is itself considered a direct influence on the health and condition of the tendons in the rest of the body) in order to comfortably reach the tip of the tongue back to where the hard palate ends and juts up into the soft palate. There’s a little indentation where you can then press the tip back towards your nose. This bridges the interior microcosmic orbit (‘crossing the magpie bridge’ as the daoists describe), not the superficial one depicted in tcm of the ren and du meridians. Pressing the tip of the tongue into this point will also stimulate the golden pill to form. Which is not saliva but a lump that will form in the back of your throat, which takes many gulps of saliva to pass it down, which with the tongue curled back you will be producing more of. With a good 40 minute of circle walking, of which about 25 minutes is fully circulating the interior microcosmic orbit, as one is cooling down is when I really press the point and forcibly pass one, roughly small almond size lump/ pill down. Which I believe correlates to daoist practices, where more is not necessarily better- one, maybe two pills per day, but wholly dependent upon the amount of time spent in the zone with open and flowing orbit. You can press the point and get a lump to form but there’s no mental or physical benefits to that without the flowing practice.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:58 am

Whenever I think this forum can't get any weirder. It gets weirder.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:07 am

I think what’s happening when one is doing the ‘opening and flowing of the daoist interior microcosmic orbit’, is exactly how the glymphatic system (or glymphatic clearance pathway, or paravascular system) functions, only you’re getting/ allowing this to happen while you’re awake, and it’s more effective since you’re standing and getting gravity to aid the draining and cleaning.
You don’t need to press that point, it’s just something that the daoists figured out to help it drain down. I believe it’s also the same point in tcm where you thread a long needle through the back of a nostril to touch it.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:39 am

Daoist Xiao Zhou Tian

Last edited by D_Glenn on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:23 pm

GrahamB wrote:Whenever I think this forum can't get any weirder. It gets weirder.

Mate that's nothing, if you want weirdness along these lines, look up "Khecari mudra". This stuff has been around a looooong time.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:39 pm

Very interesting D_Glenn - I never really thought about where the tip of the tongue should be (front, middle, back?).

What do you think the pill/lump is made of? Coalesced saliva? (Maybe kind of like "bird's nest" then ;D )
edededed
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:15 pm

If the theory proves true, I believe it’s actually lymph fluid in the cervical Lymphatics, which after the circulation would contain various proteins and molecules that are hazardous to the brain tissues but great for the rest of the body, also probably high in acetylcholine.
So it’s possible that the ‘pill’ is actually in the Lymphatics that run behind the throat.
But it’s hard to tell exactly where it is.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:40 pm

I-mon wrote:...look up "Khecari mudra". This stuff has been around a looooong time.

Ah cool. I’ve never heard of that before. I would reckon that the daoist technique is definitely in the same vein, although only about touching back to soft palate and being able to press the point there, the second part would definitely require a greater stretch of the frenulum.

I started doing this so long ago that I can’t really remember a timeline for being able to do it. I know that at first it hurt but I don’t think I really worried about stretching it back, but maybe after a month or two I could get it to reach my soft palate and it felt/ feels very comfortable just resting back there.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:05 pm

Thanks D_Glenn. Quite interesting stuff.

Also thanks to I-Mon - khecari mudra definitely looks related, if not ancestral. But I don't think that my tongue is long enough for this one ;D
Last edited by edededed on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:12 pm

GrahamB wrote:Whenever I think this forum can't get any weirder. It gets weirder.

always something new to learn 8-)
Trick

Postby GrahamB on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:44 am

I-mon wrote:

Mate that's nothing, if you want weirdness along these lines, look up "Khecari mudra". This stuff has been around a looooong time.

Oh, that's messed up. Cannot unsee!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:29 am

edededed wrote:Thanks D_Glenn. Quite interesting stuff.

Also thanks to I-Mon - khecari mudra definitely looks related, if not ancestral. But I don't think that my tongue is long enough for this one ;D

[ Warning— possibly more weirdness below, so feel free to skip over it and move onto the next post.]

I’m sure you’ve heard of the term ‘Zhuangtai’ (which is short for mental and physical state; state of mind). In ZZ and more importantly Xing Z (like circle walking) you are seeking changes in your Zhuangtai but then you seek to maintain the Zhuangtai. If you lose it then you typically have to start over. In XZ (and in an experienced practitioners in ZZ) there is detailed 3 different Zhuangtai: 1 is that you’re like a goat with a cart attached to it (this is the awkward state and one that with practice you can pass through quicker, although no matter how long you have practiced it is still a state that you must experience. The 2nd is feeling like an ox pulling a plow through a muddy field. It’s a great Zhuangtai and is the state of mind and body that keeps you coming back to practice everyday. You need to maintain the state but it keeps gradually deepening where at some point, and maybe never, it will abruptly change into the 3rd Zhuangtai which is called ‘attaching a cart to a deer’, where the deer mistakes the cart for a predator so it’s constantly running, leaping and soaring to get away from the cart. In regards to the Glymphatic system this state change feels like it corresponds with the release of the intercellular fluids from the Glial Cells, and it’s another Zhuangtai that you need to try and maintain for as long as you can which is easy on the physical side because it feels like you’re just floating around the circle (in circle walking) but difficult on the mental side because your mind keeps getting distracted and wants to employ this physical feeling in many varied tasks or situations, which is impossible because as soon as you quit the XZ the Zhuangtai will change and be lost. When you do naturally lose it, is when you start doing the closing down, which is important to do because your body has just undergone some significant changes in it’s Physical state. It’s during this cool down circle turning that I will try to press the point and if the ‘Golden Pill’ forms, then maybe a minute after you get it past your throat there is another significant change in your Zhuangtai.

Last edited by D_Glenn on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Kelley Graham on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:16 am

as i understand and teach, the microcosmic will naturally form. the progression from superficial to core of the circuit corresponds to the refinement of your "separation of bones and meat". it is not something that should be forced. the microcosmic follows the body, i am very careful to advise that the body needs to be powerful and deeply relaxed before any discussion of the microcosmic is productive. then it's a small thing. (pun intended)
Last edited by Kelley Graham on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelley Graham
Website - https://ucbprogram.com
Follow - https://ucb.social/@imklg
Kelley Graham
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan