The passing of H Vince Black. RIP

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

The passing of H Vince Black. RIP

Postby Leimeng on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 pm

It is with great sadness that we must announce to you all the passing of our Teacher and founder of the North American Tang Shou Tao Association, Vince Black, on February 26, 2019.

Vince impacted countless people during his long career, and he has transformed the lives of so many through his martial and medical instruction and treatments. All of us have benefited from his compassion, his immense and encyclopedic knowledge, and his unwavering dedication to his Teachers and the traditions of martial culture.

Cards and letters of condolence may be sent to:

P.O. Box 36235
Tucson, AZ 85740

In addition to being our teacher, he was my friend. The arts and those who are committed to faithfully transmitting the arts we have received are treasures that should not be taken lightly. I encourage each of you to diligently train in a manner that is worthy of our teachers and ancestors.
Leimeng
Huajing

Re: The passing of H Vince Black. RIP

Postby taiwandeutscher on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:03 pm

RIP from Taiwan
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Re: The passing of H Vince Black. RIP

Postby JessOBrien on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:09 am

RIP Vince Black
I got to train with him a number of times while a member of the NATSTA.
He was one of the early pioneers of the second generation to go to China and come back with legit teachings.
He had great skill in fighting and was able to apply the Chinese martial arts with effectiveness.
He was also really focused on the healing skills of acupuncture and Tui Na as well.
In particular I really liked the tournaments where everyone would gather once per year and spar, then get healing work for their injuries afterward. It was a great way for people to test their fighting skills and at the same time have a large group of strains and bruises for the healers to work on. You could even do both in the same weekend! That to me really shows the power and holistic nature of these internal martial arts.
Best wishes to his family and his students. They have a great legacy to carry on and I don't doubt they will do a great job in keeping it alive.
Chinese martial arts in the West are still in their early childhood, and it was men like Vince Black who got us this far.
Time for the rest of us to carry the load and see where this path takes us.
-Jess O
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan