Aunkai Book

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Aunkai Book

Postby northern_mantis on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Finally, Aunkai in print.......

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Introduction-Bujutsu-Aunkai-Lécole-Akuzawa/dp/1729497268/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Aunkai&qid=1555012770&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Only problem is that it is French. Slowly working through it with GCSE level French and Google translate, worth the effort though.
northern_mantis
Huajing

Re: Aunkai Book

Postby jaime_g on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:29 pm

It's a nice book and it's well written. However, I couldnt find anything really interesting on it. If you have watched a few aunkai videos and read some articles you'll already be familiar with all the material of the book.
Last edited by jaime_g on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaime_g
Wuji

Postby northern_mantis on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:11 am

jaime_g wrote:It's a nice book and it's well written. However, I couldnt find anything really interesting on it. If you have watched a few aunkai videos and read some articles you'll already be familiar with all the material of the book.

Yeah agreed, it's fairly easy to decipher what's going on in the videos. I think that's credit to how simple and effective the method is. A couple of the translated instructionals have found their way in to YouTube.
northern_mantis
Huajing

Postby Ashura on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:55 am

jaime_g wrote:It's a nice book and it's well written. However, I couldnt find anything really interesting on it. If you have watched a few aunkai videos and read some articles you'll already be familiar with all the material of the book.

This book is meant to be an introduction, Kiaz is already working on the next ones.
See where there is no shape, hear where there is no sound.

Väck ej björnen som sover.
Ashura
Mingjing

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan