Toilet Qigong

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Toilet Qigong

Postby Appledog on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Requires one American or Japanese style toilet. You may find a Japanese toilet better depending on how the lid impacts your shoulder blades.

The next time you are sitting down on the toilet, preferably one which is nice and comfortable for your body size, relax your upper body and gently sit back so the toilet lid is pressing against your shoulder blades. Now yield using your shoulder blades so your back becomes rounded against the back of the toilet seat cover and your shoulders are a) relaxed and b) pushed forward. Your hands will be on your lap this time. Now, without moving your shoulder blades, raise your arms. You may notice that this mode of movement causes cracks and pops in your body, signalling that there is some development left in this area.

Becoming very relaxed and trying this technique, which you may call the Appledog Toilet Qigong technique since I invented it, I was able to cause a very deep whole body (dantian, torso and arms) pop/'jump'/'skip' simply by using my intention to prepare my body to raise the arms. I was thus able to identify some hitherto-unknown blockages in my body in a very interesting and unique way.

This kind of rounded back technique is interesting to be because of the low quality of movement that my body expresses here and I will be exploring this body shape while standing and in taiji in the future. It seems to be a very 'closed' position in the upper body so I have experimented with opening and closing into this position as well as raising and lowering the arms. If you have any comments after trying this procedure yourself I'd be interested in hearing about it.

p.s. if anyone types /flush or /plonk I will send ninjas to kill you. :)
Last edited by Appledog on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Re: Toilet Qigong

Postby Trick on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:31 am

Don’t you have squatting style toilets in Taiwan?
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:09 am

Japanese robot toilets are almost as dwelling into transhumanism. When the robot toilets totally take over your human part(s) you wont need any Qigong or even Qi
Trick

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:48 am

Trick wrote:Don’t you have squatting style toilets in Taiwan?

Not many left, at public school/universities, a few.

Most homes come now with modern "washlets", you should see the ads on TV, a man, a women, and a kid getting off, having their buds washed, LMAO!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 am

taiwandeutscher wrote:
Trick wrote:Don’t you have squatting style toilets in Taiwan?

Not many left, at public school/universities, a few.

Most homes come now with modern "washlets", you should see the ads on TV, a man, a women, and a kid getting off, having their buds washed, LMAO!

Yes same here on that mainland. East Asians losing another natural way of daily shenfa building moment, becoming stiff and stuffed as a westerner 8-)
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:31 pm

The only seated way of having a bowel movement I've seen that has any qigong-esqe overtones is what I call the "Samurai shit." The downside is that you need to take your pants off to do it....

https://lifehacker.com/poop-more-effect ... 1551365555
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:18 am

Samurais had modern “western” styled WC !? Japanese are truly innovative. however I read somewhere that the greatest samurai of all Miyamoto Musashi even never took a bath because that was not an ideal place to be in if attacked by another man of the sword......Truly an hardcore bad ass(pun?) Samurai
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:38 am

In my experience, the past was a very smelly place....
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:25 am

my personal behind..err..past was not.....
Trick

Postby KEND on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 pm

Found most toilets in monasteries in China are a hole in the ground with a low wall each side. Great for practicing horse stance. Other tip while urinating clench teeth, helps kidneys and hearing
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Great for practicing horse stance

:) I had a teacher who argued that horse stance was toilet training. Squatting is like sitting on the floor: it's associated with being low class or not having chairs in some countries. Both are healthy activities that people don't have to do.

Afa defecation, squatting makes it easier fer sure. If you're limber, you can always do the cat squat on top of the toilet.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan