Waist movement

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Waist movement

Postby HotSoup on Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:17 am

Chen Yu's Zhedie is inseparable from the Kua and waist mechanics, it's pretty apparent.
HotSoup
Anjing

Postby D_Glenn on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:24 am

Marvin8,
Okay, so even though I never said anything about how they compared, and all my posts are referring to the op. So let’s say that the Kua hip power is 1, and the chest and shoulders power is 2. So that’s 2 mechanisms that can be trained to be really powerful, but what if we also learn to use a third mechanism, the waist, and have 3 things working in unison to add power into a strike or throw.

3 > 2

My story is the story of a raging Christ figure who tore himself off the cross and with blood in eyes looked up at the Romans and said “My turn cocksuckers.”

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby suckinlhbf on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:45 am

The practise is trying to make the whole body working in unison so can get whole body power. Some people start from the top part of the body, and some from the bottom part of the body. And then it is the middle part that connects the top and bottom parts together. Most of the people refer to the middle part as waist and kua. Now, is it waist or kua? Waist is mostly muscle, and kua is mostly bone. The next question is would muscles transmit power better or bones? We move to create and transmit power to finish a movement. Most of the martial art teaching go for "bone jin", and it starts from muscle training at the beginning.
Last edited by suckinlhbf on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:55 am

. The next question is would muscles transmit power better or bones? We move to create and transmit power to finish a movement.

I would say nither

Most writings make it very clear the distinction between force from the bones and energy conducted by the sinews.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby suckinlhbf on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:58 am

@Windwalker

Yes, its sinews. We know how to use muscles anyway. There are others to activate to add to the movements.....sinews. ;)
Self-Improvement is Masturbation
suckinlhbf
Wuji

Postby robert on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:04 am

D_Glenn wrote:When it’s properly strengthened, it’s a really powerful muscle, it also plays a part in the flexion of the lumbar spine, so it’s also key to having a more powerful Fali. They control the 2 methods of the waist called Zhedie and Zhuanhuan. Establishing a connection between the linkage of all the soft tissues and muscles between the waist and the attacking arms is where the work is. Too lengthy to describe here. It’s called obtaining the six harmonies.

In yaozhedie the psoas major play a significant role in storing/closing (flexion).
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan