Huan Yang Gong

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Huan Yang Gong

Postby Steve on Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:06 am

Huan Yang Gong, a form for men. Does anyone have experience with this form?
Steve
Santi

Re: Huan Yang Gong

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:46 am

No, but it sounds smokin hot.

S- form for men? Who says shit like that? :) I mean, really.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby mixjourneyman on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:17 pm

shawnsegler wrote:No, but it sounds smokin hot.

S- form for men? Who says shit like that? :) I mean, really.

Do you mean to say that you have no experience with the men's only solo form? :o
I really prefer it to the mens only paired duet practice :-* :o :P
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Steve on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Hey
Who says shit like that?
When I went to China two years ago the woman did a qi gong that was designed to stop their period so they wouldn't loss qi and energy during their cycle. The guys were supposed to learn a form for them but because there was only two of us we just wandered around Weibao Shan, visiting the temples doing qi gong on our own. I may get pissy but it's not because of my period. :)

I've learned some forms where the men grasp their right thumb with the left hand, woman vice versa.Of couse that's a movement, not an entire form. There's Jade Tiger which was designed for woman, White Tiger which was designed for men. There's a form called Nourishing Woman, another female thang. Shawn, in your home of Portland, there was and maybe still is a Southern Mantis Sifu and I recall he had woman do some movements differently then men during qi gong. Qi gong has some aspects of Chinese medicine/health I quess. In Chinese medicine there are formulas like tang qui, white peony, cnidium and rehmannia where are more blood/female oriented. Ginseng , licorice, white atarctylodes, and hoelen are more Qi oriented/ male oriented.

So amybe it makes sense there are qi gong forms that are for females, forms for men. Maybe when it comes to martial qi gong there are no differences between men and woman.

Getting back to Huan Yang Gong, I was reading that in Wudang Shan, the male monks do Huan Yang Gong and the nuns do the Red Dragon method. All mistakes, if any, in the above are mine. Steve H
Steve
Santi

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Yeah, it's funny like that.

I think anything involving a fan would be too "Yin" energy for me.

S- grunt
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 pm

I just had a bad image of somebody with the evil cartoon chinglish laughing "We teach him menstrual gong as joke. You watch..his anus break. Hilarious!!!"

S- it wouldn't be funny if it wasn't just a little bit possible guys...am I right?
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan