New Xing Yi Book - Bisio

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

New Xing Yi Book - Bisio

Postby Bob on Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:36 am

It's hard to imagine in the 1980s having access to solidly grounded references to Chinese martial arts explicating its philosophical roots.

Tom Bisio has again produced a readable martial arts book with solid references - academically grounded but not overwhelmingly abstruse, it provides a Chinese philosophical foundation for understanding Xing Yi Quan:

Xing Yi Quan: Art of Inner Transformation

"The purpose of this little book is to serve as an introduction to the art of Xing Yi Quan, its philosophy, health benefits, training methods, and its connections to Chinese culture and philosophy. It is the hope of the author, that this book will be of use to both students of Xing Yi Quan, or prospective students stents who wish to know more about this profound and fascinating art and body technology" Bisio (introduction)

Disclaimer - I have no personal or financial relationship with Tom Bisio or his school but his material always adds more depth to the arts that I have learned and practiced.

Some practitioners really ought to abstain from writing texts on martial arts philosophy, practice etc. etc. etc.: In Bisio's case, I hope he writes more. His material, in my eyes, is much appreciated and adds the icing on the cake for my practice.
Bob
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan