Thoughts on Qi

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Re: Thoughts on Qi

Postby everything on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:14 pm

lol yes. the "crying" for me is maybe just: "do qigong and don't worry about IMA and get some basic feeling and expression". that's hard enough already.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:49 am

Was looking around the nett to see what I could find about my teachers I’ve had through my years, found my Aikido teachers website, although I did just study for a short time(2years) Mr,Stenudd was/is a great inspiration. His view on Qi/Ki - https://www.stenudd.com/aikido/ki-energy.htm
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:59 am

Haha, well that’s interesting me in a picture in the Chapter ‘Osensei and Einstein’ Me-the hakama-less “attacker” guyhttps://www.stenudd.com/aikido/osensei-einstein.htm
Trick

Postby Bao on Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:06 am

Trick wrote:Haha, well that’s interesting me in a picture in the Chapter ‘Osensei and Einstein’ Me-the hakama-less “attacker” guyhttps://www.stenudd.com/aikido/osensei-einstein.htm

Interesting to see his webpage. Didn't know he had a background in fine arts.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 am

yes i too didnt know that , but calligraphy he did back when i studied
Trick

Postby Bao on Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:31 am

Trick wrote:but calligraphy he did back when i studied

I bought his so called “translation” ::) on the Daodejing ages ago. I wasn’t very impressed by his calligraphy back then. But I don’t think he follows the Chinese standard, but maybe of a more free way of a Japanese calligraphy. I was impressed by a few drawings, but I don’t think he has done enough painting, though he is not bad and I saw a couple of interesting pieces. He also has some interesting short experimental videos on his Youtube Channel.
Last edited by Bao on Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:31 am

yes you are probably right about a " free way of japanese calligraphy". Not that i have any special skill, i myself got the impression he calligraphy and possible 'fine' art autodidact, possible he learned some from his initial Aikido teacher....Anyway, im sure he's not calligraphing or paint for the cause to impress but just to express in his own personal way.....His Aikido and is top notch and likewise his writings i would say
Trick

Previous

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan