Hermetic Qigong

Discussion on the three big Chinese internals, Yiquan, Bajiquan, Piguazhang and other similar styles.

Hermetic Qigong

Postby northern_mantis on Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:19 am

Question for all the Hermetics practitioners, particularly the Franz Bardon types. Has anyone worked with the Walewski manuscript? I only discovered it recently and despite the broken English it seems much easier to get a grasp of than Initiation into Hermetics and the physical work starts straight away. It also seems less of an undertaking to finish, albeit there are elements I will avoid. Would be interested to hear other opinions on it (if there are any, it's a bit of a niche area!)

Happy Friday all!
northern_mantis
Huajing

Re: Hermetic Qigong

Postby Peacedog on Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:52 am

Is this what you are talking about?

https://www.amazon.com/System-Caucasian ... 1576849889

Looking at it, it appears to be Sabian in origin. With Asian elements mixed in. Given its supposed origin in the Caucasus that makes sense. It has an early introduction to Kabbalah, which is good for development and can be a little harsh.

The movement based exercises are good. Just remember to keep to the proper tempo of performance. Too slow and you miss making certain connections.

The posture based stuff is the exact same we use in Rasmus' school of Hermetics based off of Bardon.

As for putting a tube up your ass, well that I've never heard of or done. However, I am familiar with some exercises that involve swallowing large amount of air that eventually make it to the colon. Not sure if there would be any health issues with either approach. As for injecting someone with another person's spinal fluid, I'd need to see if that would cause an immune rejection issue or not before giving that a try.

Appears interesting and I haven't used this book myself.
Last edited by Peacedog on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:26 am

Not sure if one can call it Qigong or yoga but.....google MBSR (mindfulness Based Stress Reduction)
In some of my short travels, I have come across peoples who practice meditative disciplines that approximate what we tend to call yoga, etc but it is archaic (I was the outsider and still am), they rarely mention or expose these 'secret' (my favourite mantra ;D ) and they tend to downplay them but appear to integrate into their current memory of what is left over centuries of oppression and assimilation into a cultural milieu. There appear to mix with Asian traditions in no small way.

Many Caucasian peoples (Chechnya, Azeri, Armenian (lesser extent)( they tend to be Muslin in modern day society but these pre Islamic traditions have followed them to various parts of the Middle East (Yazidi, Alawi, etc) and even the peoples of Bamiyan (Central Asians in the middle of Afghanistan) have synthesized these meditatve systems into their own methods based on that repression over time. I met some Nuristani TKD practitioenrs and they were familiar with Islamic meditation, no doubt their own system that was integrated with systems they came into contact with or some passed on tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurythmy
About 5 years ago I came upon this movement dance system called eurythmy developed/synthesized by Rudolf Steiner and it progressed to be a part of a new Anthroposophic Movement Therapy and I observed that its health clincial system has similarities to what is seen as qigong, where certain movement postures are stated to affect the CNS and assist with some health related problems, It has become part of a complementary medical intervention!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:11 am

FWIW, as this point I refer to all of this kind of stuff as "yoga" when dealing with people publicly. People regardless of belief system tend to respond to it that way pretty well. "Qi gong" takes a little explanation if used as a term and "magic" generally sets people off. Sometimes "meditation" can work as a term depending upon how it is explained. "Prayer" can work as well depending upon the group, particularly if Christian or Muslim.

Granted it is all the same in actuality.

Steiner was big into esoteric dance. I'm familiar with the entity responsible for all of that from an academic perspective. Anyone really interested can read up on it in the "360 Heads of the Earth Zone" by Djordjevic - Talerman. I don't remember which entity it is, but it's in there.

Keep in mind that if you work with any of these entities long enough you end up joining their school of practice. This isn't bad per se. It does result in a specific commitment. The entity essentially takes up the role of the Holy Guardian Angel in the practitioner for those familiar with this term. This can be broken in the future, but rarely represents a comfortable experience. Jason Miller's Black School curriculum is another example of this utilizing St. Cyprian as the primary interlocutor for evocatory magic.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Return to Xingyiquan - Baguazhang - Taijiquan